Trivia: iPro stadium

FindernRam

Whilst the denaming of the Stadium continues I noticed last night that Norwich are apparently powered by iPro now. Is that why we ditched them?

Personally I always hated the name Pride Park for the area or the stadium and there were a lot of people up in arms back in the day when the Council announced it. Bit naff considering the run down state of the city.

Call our home the Baseball ground and restore our heritage and recall our greatest triumphs 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the idea of carrying the name over to a new stadium, had we stayed in the same location and rebuilt all stands be fine. That was the Baseball and this is Pride Park.

Naff name, ground, is all down to what generation you are, those kids that have only ever known Pride Park will hold the same love and affection as the older generation do for the Baseball Ground when they grow up.

Walking over the bridge with red lampposts will be the walking down the terraced streets with a whiff of fish and chips.

We've moved on, time to leave our childhood and the Baseball Ground behind, create new history

6 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Whilst the denaming of the Stadium continues I noticed last night that Norwich are apparently powered by iPro now. Is that why we ditched them?

Personally I always hated the name Pride Park for the area or the stadium and there were a lot of people up in arms back in the day when the Council announced it. Bit naff considering the run down state of the city.

Call our home the Baseball ground and restore our heritage and recall our greatest triumphs 

iPro supply quite a few Championship and L1 clubs, as well as a number of rugby clubs of both codes.

http://www.iprosport.com/partners.html

Which was the case before they bought naming rights.

Reason given by DCFC, change of ownership on both sides. I suspect that iPro couldn't sustain the cash.

6 hours ago, Redcar said:

I always thought RamArena was still the best name... tipped hat to the old training ground. Baseball Ground needs to be left in the past as baseball never played at the iPro / Pride Park.... I don't think anyway ?

No but we have had Monster Trucks....

6 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

iPro supply quite a few Championship and L1 clubs, as well as a number of rugby clubs of both codes.

http://www.iprosport.com/partners.html

Which was the case before they bought naming rights.

Reason given by DCFC, change of ownership on both sides. I suspect that iPro couldn't sustain the cash.

There was something shared on Twitter that showed that we were owed around £4,500,000!

36 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Well that first letter doesn't say we are the reason just that there was a sponsorship agreement in place.

the 4,500,000 is basically what the rest of the sponsorship would have been worth over the remaining time.  

If we are cancelling the deal then we wouldn't get that money anyway or shouldn't be entitled to it.

7 hours ago, David said:

I hate the idea of carrying the name over to a new stadium, had we stayed in the same location and rebuilt all stands be fine. That was the Baseball and this is Pride Park.

Agreed 

Naff name, ground, is all down to what generation you are, those kids that have only ever known Pride Park will hold the same love and affection as the older generation do for the Baseball Ground when they grow up.

Agreed

Walking over the bridge with red lampposts will be the walking down the terraced streets with a whiff of fish and chips.

Not as good as smelling Leys casting plus you got the fog.

We've moved on, time to leave our childhood and the Baseball Ground behind, create new history

The new history will never match the old ,that's why us old gits live in the past.

11 hours ago, David said:

Or a Pea Mix !

chip shop.jpg

Archived