RAMS PLAYER - iS IT ANY GOOD?

minesahartington

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Great thanks for that it would have been handy but are within Radio Derby area so probably not. Will stick to the Chocolate Orange and the walnuts..

Chocolate orange and the walnuts? Is that the new description of Southend United?

No it's not. If you're English and you've never lived abroad you might think it's good because you're used to not being allowed to watch things the day of. But today we live in a world of live on demand everything. 

But basically you get to watch Colin Gibson ask fluffy questions and staff give predictable answers. You get to listen to a lagging audio commentary matchdays ... which is frustrating when mates are texting you the score real time. You get to watch highlights the day after and the entire match several days later (really who does that) ... so unless you get it on the cheap it ain't worth it imho. When I pay for a premium subscription in sports I expect to see the games LIVE. Guess I have high expectations.

You do get access to all the other football clubs who have these Players which is a nice side benefit.

4 hours ago, Ninos said:

No it's not. If you're English and you've never lived abroad you might think it's good because you're used to not being allowed to watch things the day of. But today we live in a world of live on demand everything. 

But basically you get to watch Colin Gibson ask fluffy questions and staff give predictable answers. You get to listen to a lagging audio commentary matchdays ... which is frustrating when mates are texting you the score real time. You get to watch highlights the day after and the entire match several days later (really who does that) ... so unless you get it on the cheap it ain't worth it imho. When I pay for a premium subscription in sports I expect to see the games LIVE. Guess I have high expectations.

You do get access to all the other football clubs who have these Players which is a nice side benefit.

When I first moved over here I had to wait until Tuesday to get hold of Monday's Daily Mirror (I know) to be able to read the match report. Internet was in it's very early stages and if I hadn't spoken to my mum I often didn't even know the result. As far as I'm concerned Ramsplayer is the best thing since sliced bread. That said I wouldn't mind one bit if they improve it (live streaming etc).

I've a Ramsplayer rant for you...

I ummed and arred about getting it for months and months, and when we brought McClaren back, I finally thought "f*ck it, if it's all going to go to pot, I want to watch 7 minutes of awkward interviews, not 1 and a half."

To start with, I was really happy with what I was getting for my £30 odd a year. Long interviews, footage of training, the odd random video here and there and, of course, full matches - brilliant! I was well happy. And then it started happening...

Suddenly the training videos stopped. Fair enough, I thought, maybe they don't want to televise them all the time or something. Not a problem. 

And then random videos started popping up on Youtube, under RamsTV. At first I thought, this is great, even more content, and I'm sure I'll get to watch longer versions on Ramsplayer...nope. Content has started being added ONLY to Youtube, and not to Ramsplayer. And now, as of the last week or too, the interviews that are being published on Youtube are the same length as the ones you're getting on Ramsplayer.

So, all that's left for Ramsplayer is the full match footage. Now I don't get to every game, so this is quite handy, but if you're a season ticket holder, WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU NEED RAMSPLAYER NOW?

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just a bit hacked off that, after finally biting the bullet and spending how ever much money it is for a years subscription, I'm now only exclusively getting two halfs of a football match, that I might have already seen, more often than not with no commentary at all. Bah humbug! 

5 hours ago, Ninos said:

I will take that as a no then?

Archived