Rams that got away

Carl Sagan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Selling DaveJones always baffled me... made a good career floating between the championship and premier league. Anturo Lupoli should have been signed when we went up, his career went off the rails after that. 

13 hours ago, i-Ram said:

What was the porridge like Daz, and other than a mobile phone what else did you have stuck up your arse?

Hahaha! Yeah doing bird is pretty tough going. Not recommended. 

I'm pretty sure most on here think that my ego is what is stuck up there mate! ;-)

Good to be back! 

Clearly, taking a rest from these pages during the previous 18 month or so has been the wise thing to do! ;-)

13 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

No he wasn't. He was already in his early twenties running things for Ilkeston town when Derby offered him a deal. No mentions of him ever being a wonder kid or one for the future. Just a cheap option from non league to see whether he developed further. 

19 & Young POTY I think, so there was some optimism that he'd make progress with us.

15 hours ago, clarkeram7 said:

Selling DaveJones always baffled me... made a good career floating between the championship and premier league. Anturo Lupoli should have been signed when we went up, his career went off the rails after that. 

Nice one that in my memory bank too. Jones was pretty cultured at a time when we played a lot of head tennis. He had a good free kick on him as well. 

On 23/11/2016 at 14:05, RamsPolls said:

Oh yes. Boris Johnson! 

Pipped to be a wonder kid but ended up being as good as Boris dressed as wonder woman.

I felt he was decent tbf, don't know why he got criticised. Clough had him on the wing just running to the byline and crossing. He just needed the chance to develop his passing and shooting and he could start to improve. Not a world beater, but I thought he had something more to him than he was allowed to show.

Also anyone remember Marino Rahmberg?

His performance was rewarded with a loan to Premier League side Derby County in January 1997, but he played only 8 minutes for the Rams in the Premier League as a second-half substitute in a 4-2 defeat to Leicester City on 22 February 1997.[3] He had further appearances with the reserve side including a match where a clearance from the field went right into the front window of his car in the parking lot, smashing it.[4]

Archived