POLL: Who's our best striker this century?

Mostyn6

Of the leading scorers from this century, who is best?  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Martin the best striker for Derby no probs out of the above forwards, I also loved Steve Howard, a very honest hard working forward who scored some very important goals, like Southampton in the playoff semi final away leg, also liked Rasiak, that Burley team played some really good football that year. Also thought Commons had bags of skill, and loved his goal against Man U , in the league cup match, on the day Mr Clough took control at Derby, also went on to play at the highest level with Celtic.

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

Boycotting poll on basis there's no option to vote for Conor Sammon.

I'm seriously considering locking this thread on the grounds that there is a no Theo Robinson option.

Here's to you Theo Robinson

Derby love you more than you can know......oh ohhh ohhhhh oh....

It depends on the criteria you favour.

In terms of sheer quality, it'd be a close call between Martin and Rasiak, but Rasiak shades it. They were both very prolific but also technically good footballers and contributed to two excellent spells of football under McClaren and Burley. Had we gone up in either case, I would have been more confident with Rasiak leading the line.

In terms of likeability and nostalgia, Stevie Howard by a mile. In that promotion season, he could have mugged my gran and I still would have told the story like this: My gran was mugged by duh-duh-da-duh STEVIE HOWARD! *arms flailing up and down in wild jig*

In terms of longevity and consistency, Martin has obviously produced consistently for us over three seasons.

So overall, it has to be Martin.

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I always felt we had a chance of scoring when Rob Hulse played and I loved Paul Dickov's attitude when he played.

Always remember Paul Dickov going mental whenever he scored for us. Was never a typical celebration he used to just jump around and throw his arms up.

31 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Always remember Paul Dickov going mental whenever he scored for us. Was never a typical celebration he used to just jump around and throw his arms up.

He never gave defenders or goalkeepers a moment's peace.

Always made them make the panic clearance.

Archived