charles vernam to step up

B4ev6is

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I think it might time to bring through another young talent who is leading goal scorer in under 23 also under 23 premer league. Maybe he could make the step up to the first team as were struggling for goals right now.

He could be our fox in the box

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, needles said:

Problem is, the system we play needs a different style of striker to Vydra, and he's not that good in the first place. He needs moving on, if only someone would give us half our money back.

I'd be surprised if Vernam is ready.

Vydra is basically a younger Jamie Ward but with hamstrings that are not made of spaghetti. 

1 hour ago, Chilwellram said:

The midfielders need to pass the ball to the feet of our not so tall forwards not high in the air where it's easy pickings for the tall opposition defenders 

Absolutely. Jamie Ward used to lay it across the box on the floor. So do Hughes and Bryson when they're firing on all cylinders and getting up past the last third of the field. I'm going to start counting how many times Christie lashes it across the box onto the cranium of the opposition centre half or into the solar plexus of the opposition keeper. 

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think it might time to bring through another young talent who is leading goal scorer in under 23 also under 23 premer league. Maybe he could make the step up to the first team as were struggling for goals right now.

Leave him where he is. 

6 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

He seems a really good prospect to me, so why not try him out?

At present we look really lightweight in attack.

Has anybody seen him play in a full game?

Both Clement and Pearson did not give our youth the right chances. 

Another thread ??

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Vydra is basically a younger Jamie Ward but with hamstrings that are not made of spaghetti. 

Is he that good? If he can play wide I'd try him there, because he's sure no centre forward. Yet to see him skip past anyone with a bit of skill and a dash of pace like Jamie could.

I know Callum Ball's early promise in the reserves hasn't progressed much beyond that, but at the time I do remember him chipping in with a few important goals. Winners against West Ham spring to mind. Adding Vernam would at least bring an unknown element to our attack. It would definitely send a message to the likes of Bent who all too often just seem too happy to graze round the pitch.

Memories of Dean Sturridge spring to mind, as examples of strikers we'd had at our disposal for a number of years before we managed to see their true potential.

At the moment I'd try anything, but do feel inclined to agree that service and creativity are the main problems.

I don't get to watch games at the minute but by the sounds of it, our creativity is really stifled by Ince and Christie being unable to forge an understanding together on the right hand side. Think we'd be a lot more creative  if we didn't have a one trick winger being supported by a fullback who persists in running with the ball for too long. 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Timi Max Elsnik looked a good player on the two times he has played for the first team in the cup, he looks a midfielder who wants to get forward and wants to play the ball.

I am surprised he hasn't featured more.

Callum Guy is another good midfielder who could make the step up.

He looked really good MR, and reminded me of kris commons sort of 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

How does Vydra anywhere near resemble Ward?? That's like saying Mason Bennett runs like Wanchope! Utter baloney. Anya is more of a Ward-type player.

Vydra's more Bentesque.

Archived