charles vernam to step up

B4ev6is

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well i think finnishing is a probleam by only scoring 7 goals so far this season.

Vydra isn't the issue, he's putting in a shift, we're just not creating chances for him...

If he was missing 3/4 clear cut chances a game, I might agree with you but I can't think of a single decent chance we gave Vydra yesterday

I don't think Vernam is the answer either I think its in our supply as good as our midfield are on paper I do not think any of them are in great form they need to create more and score more Hughes for example is great on the ball but fails to provide an end product how many assists or goals has he got so far this season ?

1 minute ago, Ram79 said:

I don't think Vernam is the answer either I think its in our supply as good as our midfield are on paper I do not think any of them are in great form they need to create more and score more Hughes for example is great on the ball but fails to provide an end product how many assists or goals has he got so far this season ?

Fair point Vydra can score, we have no Drinkwater type player, but I'm sure SM is aware of that and most of our crosses go straight to defenders. 

14 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Fair point Vydra can score, we have no Drinkwater type player, but I'm sure SM is aware of that and most of our crosses go straight to defenders. 

Yes but why can't we work it thru the middle? We're rubbish at crossing and don't seem to be able to work it through the middle. We miss martin so badly. 

20 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Leicester have a Drinkwater type player, they ain't scoring.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes but why can't we work it thru the middle? We're rubbish at crossing and don't seem to be able to work it through the middle. We miss martin so badly. 

In My opinion our players especially midfielders are overrated. Thorne is our best midfielder and he's always injured. Hughes is massively overrated he's not got much end product and his shooting is too weak. Bryson is past his best. Onto butterfield and johnson neither have done enough to warrant their fees. We're in a big cycle where we need to get rid of quite a few and sign a few quality players and also bring through youth. 

4 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

In My opinion our players especially midfielders are overrated. Thorne is our best midfielder and he's always injured. Hughes is massively overrated he's not got much end product and his shooting is too weak. Bryson is past his best. Onto butterfield and johnson neither have done enough to warrant their fees. We're in a big cycle where we need to get rid of quite a few and sign a few quality players and also bring through youth. 

lol, you're silly!

Go on, I'll humour you. Name replacements you'd want.

42 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Vydra isn't the issue, he's putting in a shift, we're just not creating chances for him...

If he was missing 3/4 clear cut chances a game, I might agree with you but I can't think of a single decent chance we gave Vydra yesterday

Problem is, the system we play needs a different style of striker to Vydra, and he's not that good in the first place. He needs moving on, if only someone would give us half our money back.

I'd be surprised if Vernam is ready.

Archived