Nowhere to hide

Mafiabob

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed this current season has started very poorly and it could be argued that the situation has been manipulated to remove NP by those whom have the opportunity to effect matches most. 

Lets hope the team is now unified and that team spirit that was evident during the Cloughie and then the Schteve eras returns promptly. 

Starting with a demolition job of the dirties this Saturday. 

I cant wait for Saturday again it's like being a little kid on the popside all over again. 

COYR!!!!!

Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I cant wait for Saturday again it's like. Ring a little kid on the popside all over again. 

I am sure you can be put away for that kind of activity nowadays. Not in the Seventies though.

27 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Time for the players to man up now.

Just a hunch but I'd imagine they've got what they wished for.

Time to grow a pair 

the good news for me is that McClaren knows which members of the squad haven't got the mental wherewithal to cope with the demands associated with sustained consistent success. A new manager would take until vital games to spot the bottlers, and by then it's too late to do anything about it.

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

the good news for me is that McClaren knows which members of the squad haven't got the mental wherewithal to cope with the demands associated with sustained consistent success. A new manager would take until vital games to spot the bottlers, and by then it's too late to do anything about it.

So who are the bottlers that he will be familiar with from his last time round if there are any?   Clearly he didn't figure it out  first time round as we lost to OPR in the play-off final and the following season we plummeted down the table missing out on the playoffs after the infamous 3-0 loss to Reading, while he continued to pick basically the same players.  Did he realise only when the full time whistle went against Reading...or did he figure it out while he was manager of Newcastle?  Or maybe our problems are a lot more complex than a lot of our players being 'bottlers'.  .  Not a criticism ..I've just never bought into that theory much.  Even if it is true, or partially so, there are also plenty of new faces that he won't be familiar with.

8 hours ago, Highgate said:

So who are the bottlers that he will be familiar with from his last time round if there are any?   Clearly he didn't figure it out  first time round as we lost to OPR in the play-off final and the following season we plummeted down the table missing out on the playoffs after the infamous 3-0 loss to Reading, while he continued to pick basically the same players.  Did he realise only when the full time whistle went against Reading...or did he figure it out while he was manager of Newcastle?  Or maybe our problems are a lot more complex than a lot of our players being 'bottlers'.  .  Not a criticism ..I've just never bought into that theory much.  Even if it is true, or partially so, there are also plenty of new faces that he won't be familiar with.

basically, a handful of senior players went missing during that collapse that saw him sacked. By the time it was unfolding, he could do nothing about it. But, Grant, Keogh, Bryson, Martin and Russell should be under review cos when they were needed to stand up and be counted, they crumbled and played 4/10!

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

basically, a handful of senior players went missing during that collapse that saw him sacked. By the time it was unfolding, he could do nothing about it. But, Grant, Keogh, Bryson, Martin and Russell should be under review cos when they were needed to stand up and be counted, they crumbled and played 4/10!

I'm interested in your theory Mostyn.  Proof could be in what he decides to do about Martin by way of example? 

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

But, Grant, Keogh, Bryson, Martin and Russell should be under review cos when they were needed to stand up and be counted, they crumbled and played 4/10!

Just those five then or are there more? I'd be interested in your out of 10 scores for the others!

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Weren't Grant and Martin playing injured? (And wasn't Martin basically not playing at all?)

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So it's down to a made up excuse on your part of you feeling that certain players were to blame - for no reason other than you think so!

well, using sound mental logic, there is no argument.

Players A,B,C,D etc play well, team does well, then they stop playing well, team struggle.

There's no justification for certain players giving up and not performing, although I do believe the fans had a massive part to play.

6 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Grant was being played when he was injured. 

Martin injured, thrown back in at about 30% fitness then got injured again. 

Keogh was consistently shifted around the back four as McClaren couldn't pick a partner for him after Bucko got injured. You don't build defensive partnerships in one game like he was clearly expected to do. 

Russell and Bryson gave their best. Just that when Martin and our defensive midfielders got injured they had to change their priorities. Bryson in particular was asked to sit back a lot deeper in McClaren's last season, nullifying what he's best at. Russell got drafted into to playing up front on his own for a couple of games and was then benched for Lingaard who I seem to remember was even worse. 

Archived