George Thorne Watch

Curtains

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

In fairness he played the vast majority of last season and you could argue our season unravelled because he was injured at Ipswich.

Love the guy, think a fit G.T will be immense in this league, saying that also don't think we should rush him back but it can't come soon enough.

2 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Love the guy, think a fit G.T will be immense in this league, saying that also don't think we should rush him back but it can't come soon enough.

Agreed completely. We need to make sure he's 100% before he steps back on the pitch and ease him back into after another lengthy lay-off.

We know he's had injury issues, but let's not pretend the latest one is anything to do with his previous problems or being susceptible to injury in general. It was an absolutely shocking challenge that would've snapped anyone unfortunate enough to be in the crosshairs.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

We know he's had injury issues, but let's not pretend the latest one is anything to do with his previous problems or being susceptible to injury in general. It was an absolutely shocking challenge that would've snapped anyone unfortunate enough to be in the crosshairs.

His three big injuries were all just plain bad luck, an acl rupture isn't indicative of any frailty and just comes about due to awkward twisting or collisions.

I'd say all of his muscle injuries have been largely down to mis-management. Started twice in four days on his initial comeback from his ACL, rushed back against Watford because we were out of DMs then rushed back every time last season.

He has NEVER come on as a sub for us. Considering his injury troubles this is a horrifying and telling fact.

12 minutes ago, cannable said:

I'd say all of his muscle injuries have been largely down to mis-management. Started twice in four days on his initial comeback from his ACL, rushed back against Watford because we were out of DMs then rushed back every time last season.

He has NEVER come on as a sub for us. Considering his injury troubles this is a horrifying and telling fact.

I agree with your post entirely, and this is might be nitpicking, but I could have swore he came on as sub a couple times last year.

4 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I agree with your post entirely, and this is might be nitpicking, but I could have swore he came on as sub a couple times last year.

Just had a look; he came on once in that weird spell were "he wasn't fit enough". He was dropped the game after with the idea of playing in an Under-21 game but then never played in it and started the game after that! Christ! We have ****** him about haven't we!

1 minute ago, cannable said:

Just had a look; he came on once in that weird spell were "he wasn't fit enough". He was dropped the game after with the idea of playing in an Under-21 game but then never played in it and started the game after that! Christ! We have ****** him about haven't we!

We sure have. It'd be funny if it wasn't complete mismanagement of one our best players who is still only 23.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, toddy said:

So important to us, I do believe with him in the side we might not be sitting 20th right now.

So badly missed.

Agree, we would be at least 19th as Pearson decides to play him on the wing.

Seriously I agree, gives confidence to both the attacking midfielders and the defence. When people say he didn't play well last season, I really wish you could just have a George cam and watch him throughout a game, he is superb and because of the role it often goes unnoticed.

Archived