George Thorne Watch

Curtains

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RicME85 said:

At disabled supports club meeting and Thorne is here with Olsson.

Thorne says back in training by end of month, hopes to be in contention middle of January

Good to hear. Although if BJ carries on his current form GT might struggle to even get in the side.

2 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Good to hear. Although if BJ carries on his current form GT might struggle to even get in the side.

Wth play the best players ... then we just go Hughes in front of Thorne and Johnson ! 4-2-3-1

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Although he doesn't look much like a winger - could Johnson move up to replace Russell when Thorne returns? Apparently he scored a few in that position for Norwich.

He's been pants in every position but the one he's in now, I'd be reluctant to change his current position, even if it means keeping Thorne out, form permitting obvs

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Wth play the best players ... then we just go Hughes in front of Thorne and Johnson ! 4-2-3-1

I think the best players are playing. Right now. I mean, we've won 5 on the bounce after all. 

Be delighted to see Thorne back fit though, ready to take any opportunity that comes along. Brilliant footballer on his day. 

18 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I think the best players are playing. Right now. I mean, we've won 5 on the bounce after all. 

Be delighted to see Thorne back fit though, ready to take any opportunity that comes along. Brilliant footballer on his day. 

Spot on.

Bradley's really coming on in his new role, and there's so much more to come from Butterfield and Hughes, both of whom are efficient at the moment, but not truly firing on all cylinders.

One day they'll all put in 9/10 performances in the same game, and we'll tear a team to pieces.

I'm hoping Sunday!

As for George, he can sit and wait until he's needed, however long it takes.

5 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Although he doesn't look much like a winger - could Johnson move up to replace Russell when Thorne returns? Apparently he scored a few in that position for Norwich.

Oh dear god no please.........I have flashbacks to Wassall trying that v Cardiff away last season and it looked about as effective as playing Darran Moore on the left wing. Norwich only put him there because they didn't know what to do with him, but i got the impression he had to play as their "Bucko"-like heart of their team that season.

We've found him a job he's good at, if we want him and GT Brad's still got be the tackling centre mid.

On 5 December 2016 at 19:51, RicME85 said:

At disabled supports club meeting and Thorne is here with Olsson.

Thorne says back in training by end of month, hopes to be in contention middle of January

So GT's back January, interesting!

I can just imagine it, him running up and down the line but he can't get on as the defensive midfielder is playing so well. We hit March and the defensive midfielder gets his 10th yellow, 2 game ban. Oh no, we've got that lot up the road, who's gonna play the defensive role? GT finally gets his chance and we hammer the rivals 5-0. He stays in the side and we go on another run which pushes us onto Wembley...........

Is it me or does this sound familiar ???

1 hour ago, Charlie G said:

So GT's back January, interesting!

I can just imagine it, him running up and down the line but he can't get on as the defensive midfielder is playing so well. We hit March and the defensive midfielder gets his 10th yellow, 2 game ban. Oh no, we've got that lot up the road, who's gonna play the defensive role? GT finally gets his chance and we hammer the rivals 5-0. He stays in the side and we go on another run which pushes us onto Wembley...........

Is it me or does this sound familiar ???

Hopefully with a different outcome.

• 2 weeks later...

What's with all these vague news reports ? Thorne is on track says DET. What's that supposed to mean? Is that news? Specifics!

and then  mcclaren: it was worse than we first thought,  or something to that effect. He had a double leg break - how much worse can you get ? Specifics!

Drives me batty how some of this vague stuff passes for news. People are obviously asking so they are throwing us a vague bone, and the journalists just restate it rather than press for real info. If that was posted on here all hell would break loose and the poster would be ridiculed.  

Big Thorne fans we are, we want to know the exact nature of the injury if it's worse, or the complications and some exact timelines of rehab training and return to game readiness. Is that so hard?

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

What's with all these vague news reports ? Thorne is on track says DET. What's that supposed to mean? Is that news? Specifics!

and then  mcclaren: it was worse than we first thought,  or something to that effect. He had a double leg break - how much worse can you get ? Specifics!

Drives me batty how some of this vague stuff passes for news. People are obviously asking so they are throwing us a vague bone, and the journalists just restate it rather than press for real info. If that was posted on here all hell would break loose and the poster would be ridiculed.  

Big Thorne fans we are, we want to know the exact nature of the injury if it's worse, or the complications and some exact timelines of rehab training and return to game readiness. Is that so hard?

Something to do with the scar tissue not healing correctly 

Archived