George Thorne Watch

Curtains

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4 October 2016 at 18:03, Paul71 said:

Should have been a penalty too. Not that I or any of us would have been up for it. I just felt sick and wanted the game over. 

I heard the bone snap in the SW corner - I've seen a few broken legs in my playing career and knew immediately what had happened...I felt nauseous even though at the opposite end of the ground. I also heard it on the highlights on Ramsplayer...such rotten luck for a guy of rare talent. We would have had promotion with GT in the side. No question. Hope he's back for a game this season...but it's spookily quiet about his progress :mellow:

26 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I heard the bone snap in the SW corner - I've seen a few broken legs in my playing career and knew immediately what had happened...I felt nauseous even though at the opposite end of the ground. I also heard it on the highlights on Ramsplayer...such rotten luck for a guy of rare talent. We would have had promotion with GT in the side. No question. Hope he's back for a game this season...but it's spookily quiet about his progress :mellow:

It does seem strange with the other news coming out that there hasn't been even a bland "he's progressing well" 

the only think that keeps me positive is that bones really do mend most of the time and he is a fit young man. Just hoping he might be back next season. ... Really would be a new signing... Imagine if we heard preseason that we had signed an unnamed but seriously classy 24 year old midfielder from a PL side and paid less then 2 million ? 

6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Can you send a link to the video interview because I never found it 

Will be out around the time of the Fulham game.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is pencilled in for a spot on the bench for this game with the delay of the video and it is all hush-hush. Or is that just wishful thinking.:lol:

13 minutes ago, rynny said:

Will be out around the time of the Fulham game.

Wouldn't surprise me if he is pencilled in for a spot on the bench for this game with the delay of the video and it is all hush-hush. Or is that just wishful thinking.:lol:

That's it ? So it's like a trailer for a movie but without the trailer ? 

McClaren stated on the 30th of January that he should return to training in eight weeks with pre-season the aim but with George himself hoping to appear again before the season's finished. 

It's been eight weeks and two days so it makes sense if it's next week's programme.

Anyone else fully expecting him to not have returned to training? :(

7 hours ago, cannable said:

McClaren stated on the 30th of January that he should return to training in eight weeks with pre-season the aim but with George himself hoping to appear again before the season's finished. 

It's been eight weeks and two days so it makes sense if it's next week's programme.

Anyone else fully expecting him to not have returned to training? :(

On 30th Jan he said the protective boot would be off in 8 weeks, nothing mentioned about training, Thorne claimed he'll be back playing in 3 months which McClaren said is premature.

Archived