The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

3 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

There was a picture of his blue Audi parked near the fan tent pub thing on facebook last night.

It's not wardrobe car. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

There was a picture of his blue Audi parked near the fan tent pub thing on facebook last night.

10 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I thought Martin had a white Maserati? Must have traded up with his pay rise. I agree with @RoyMac5 I thought the parody account was funny

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wow! Really? Makes a change from Bentley's or whatever.

We hired a van last time we had to move wardrobes out of my nan's house so I'm a little shocked he has a sports car at all... Very impractical...

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

We hired a van last time we had to move wardrobes out of my nan's house so I'm a little shocked he has a sports car at all... Very impractical...

You need a proper workhorse car for wardrobes..... Octavia Estate, 04 reg, 178k miles 1.9TDI. The vehicle for the true winners.

6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Someone reconcile ... 

rowett "I would prefer a striker to run his socks off and come off with 25 minutes to go and give someone else a chance to do that, than not run enough."

uh oh. 

@toddy ? What do you think ? 

Bent's contract won't be extended.

What about after the QPR game where he said he wished he had a big hold up striker to have played that match?

Maybe, just maybe, we can have different types of strikers to play against different oppositions to help us win the match. And Rowett has pretty much stated that?

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

Maybe, just maybe, we can have different types of strikers to play against different oppositions to help us win the match. And Rowett has pretty much stated that?

Oooh get you and your crazy ideas! :D

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

What about after the QPR game where he said he wished he had a big hold up striker to have played that match?

Nonsense. Everybody knows that you can only ever play one way and only have one striker at the club at any time. Competition for places and flexibility is sooooo old fashioned. 

41 minutes ago, rynny said:

At least that rules out Martin then.

Maybe he is thinking along the lines of a Tammy Abraham? Or possibly Glenn Murray as he might be surplus to Brighton's prem squad?  Both are great workers, both we know score goals and both are versatile strikers.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Someone reconcile ... 

rowett "I would prefer a striker to run his socks off and come off with 25 minutes to go and give someone else a chance to do that, than not run enough."

uh oh. 

@toddy ? What do you think ? 

Strange isn't it when Mac was here a lot on here were saying Martin will come back because he excels in the 4-3-3 system Mac plays, [can't do much else] - eh hello Mac is not here anymore! 

Now we have GR saying he will play different formations/systems to suit the opponents- that sort of rules out having a striker that can only play a certain way.

Isn't it much better to have a striker that is versatile, someone willing do go the extra mile, someone that is willing to do other things the manager is asking of him.

I keep saying it we need TO MOVE ON FROM 2013/14 SEASON.

9 minutes ago, toddy said:

Strange isn't it when Mac was here a lot on here were saying Martin will come back because he excels in the 4-3-3 system Mac plays, [can't do much else] - eh hello Mac is not here anymore! 

Now we have GR saying he will play different formations/systems to suit the opponents- that sort of rules out having a striker that can only play a certain way.

Isn't it much better to have a striker that is versatile, someone willing do go the extra mile, someone that is willing to do other things the manager is asking of him.

Martin will be an asset to the squad if he comes back. To discard him purely because we need to move on is cutting our noses of to spite our faces. If Rowett thinks Martin is an asset to the team then he will come back and play the role he is given and probably do well at it.

13 minutes ago, toddy said:

Maybe he is thinking along the lines of a Tammy Abraham? Or possibly Glenn Murray as he might be surplus to Brighton's prem squad?  Both are great workers, both we know score goals and both are versatile strikers.

Other than Rowett saying he will be here next season?

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

You keep saying this, but show me where anyone other than you, and a few others who don't/didn't want Martin back have said anything of the sort. Another example of #toddyfacts.

I will say it again and for the final time, Martin can play different ways, he can play in different formations/systems, he is versatile and he WILL be here next season.

We needed to adapt from the 13/14 season, and push on but we haven't, we have got worse, so how about trying to adapt from that now, which is what we seem to be doing now under Rowett. So far it has been as close to 13/14 than we have since then. Breaking quickly, high pressing, forcing the other team into mistakes, but we have added a little something to it, adaptability to the flow of the game, something we should have been striving for under Mac in 14/15, which he did to a point, but it wasn't enough for that season.

Martin will be very good under Rowett, whether as the front man or in the role that Vydra has played. He will not be a guarantee starter but he will have a positive effect on the team when he plays.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Martin will be an asset to the squad if he comes back. To discard him purely because we need to move on is cutting our noses of to spite our faces. If Rowett thinks Martin is an asset to the team then he will come back and play the role he is given and probably do well at it.

Martin will be back and will excell in a team that will get the ball up to him quickly and players around him to feed of him, just look at the goals he's scored if you need any evidence. With some opposition it will suit him down to the ground. Other teams not so much. Look at the Fulham game, Martin would have suited their system in that game but not ours. Nugent suited our system but would not of got a sniff in the Fulham team. Horses for courses. 

36 minutes ago, toddy said:

Isn't it much better to have a striker that is versatile

Dude a Nugent/Vydra/Martin forward option gives us exciting levels of versatility up front. Zanzala as 4th option?

Who in the championship will have more quality & verstility than that next season?

1 hour ago, toddy said:

I thought he looked more like a poacher than a hold up player... Right place, right time kinda guy... Juts cos he's big doesn't mean he's a decent target man...

Archived