A Drone?

Bris Vegas

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

no, the bulk of those points were given to us directly from the mouth of MM.

Still comes down to what you believe, Neil Clement paints a bad picture of Mel, Mel paints a bad picture of Paul, we may never find out what's actually gone on with Pearson. But something needs to change we're turning into a joke club. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Nigel Pearson's relationship with Derby owner Mel Morris hit rock bottom when the multi-millionaire began using drones to spy on training sessions.

Pearson is set to be sacked as the Rams’ manager after a huge row with Morris following a run of just one win in 11 games after taking over at Pride Park in the summer.

It is believed that the former Leicester boss became disillusioned with life at the club when Morris started using drones to keep tabs on his training methods.

The Candy Crush tycoon, who is worth £500million employed the technology so that he could watch Pearson putting his first-team squad through their paces from anywhere in the world.

And the Rams boss felt it was an invasion of his privacy.

Asked about the spying missions, Micky Walsh, Pearson’s agent, said: “Nigel’s suspension is in the hands of his lawyers and we’re also speaking to the LMA.”

Derby officials declined to comment.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/nigel-pearson-derby-county-drome-8958911

That sounds to me like someone is paranoid.

Perhaps it was a bone of contention, pearson didn't want it (spying on me and my team training) but mel insisted (new tech idea, aid analysis). Makes a better newspaper story the way the mirror report it. 

Seeing as a few have mentioned its perhaps the latest thing for training and analysis, the intention might be benevolent, but the imposition of it against the manager's wishes a bad way to go about it. 

Or, its Chairman Mel with his eyes looking at you from every wall. 

Or maybe its just paranoia. 

Or maybe, like has been said, a few more wins might have made life easier for everyone. 

I can imagine Mel taking a pisition, the team were struggling, this was offered as an improvement to our methods, Pearson was not happy. I had to ask him why. 

Tell you what, when and if we get a manager who wins more than he loses and plays entertaining football with no off field shenanigans going on...I'll bet MM suddenly becomes a quiet saint of a figure who no-one notices. 

Almost as if he's just a scapegoat at the moment...

4 minutes ago, needles said:

Tell you what, when and if we get a manager who wins more than he loses and plays entertaining football with no off field shenanigans going on...I'll bet MM suddenly becomes a quiet saint of a figure who no-one notices. 

Sorry, but is he not the man appointing the managers, yet it's nothing to do with him?

6 minutes ago, needles said:

Darren Wassall?

Boooooooooo!!!!

This is "Cartman gets an anal probe" level of insane.

So let me get this straight...

Pearson sees a drone at Moor Farm, accuses Mel of spying on him, and some of you farking simpletons say "Well, that explains everything"?

10 minutes ago, needles said:

But in the meantime this is a brilliant  side show where we can all make things up....

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

But in the meantime this is a brilliant  side show where we can all make things up....

Cows turn themselves inside-out all the time.

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Last known image of said drone, apparently the falling out was over whether it would survive impact or not.

Rosetta_OSIRIS_NAC_comet_67P_20140803_1.png

Mi duck

21 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Sorry, but is he not the man appointing the managers, yet it's nothing to do with him?

Both appointments have been rational, sensible, sane, popular choices. They didn't work. Blame MM all you like, but he'll catch a break soon, surely. 

Drones? Bullshit.

Is it just me or have we not really helped ourselves by suspending Pearson for 'non-footballing' reasons?

Wouldn't it just have been much simpler to sack Pearson on the basis of results? After the result against Blackburn and the run we had been on, it wouldn't have been a surprise to anyone to see him sacked and if he's honest with himself, Pearson could have had very little argument either. 

At least on that basis, the fans could truly grasp why the decision has been made because they've witnessed the performances and the results and know this team are capable of much better. With this situation, there are reports and gossip coming in from all angles and as a result, there is no clarity on the situation and the pot can continue to be stirred. Who knows what to believe? The reports are only consistent in casting doubt over Mel's competence as owner and very little else.

To me, by leaving the situation unresolved and shrouded in mystery, we have left ourselves wide open to having the club's reputation dragged through the mud because this is just going to linger and more and more stories will surface, casting a gloomy shadow over the club until we clear the situation up.

Archived