The MESS it all is !!

NottsRammy

No club has a right to be in the top flight.But how Derby consistently muck it up is beyond me.I liken Derby to Villa a good following a midlands club but how Derby have NOT had the years Villa have in the Prem i do not know. You have to ask whats the secret although Villa have had i would say years upon years of mediocre football never really achieving any dizzy heights they have pocketed millions and there fans have enjoyed seeing top flight football for years until recently.

I love what Leicester have done but how the hell is that not us !!!!    It makes a mockery of Derby and Forest fans thinking there the only real big clubs in the area lets be honest we just pat Leicester on the head where footy is concerned and now look at them.

O.k Here is a put ya TIN HAT on warts and all style what i think is up.

Mel Morris......           Derby have spent years wanting a stable ship and a multi millionaire willing to invest , now we have him we cant get a team to play its mind boggling. But seriously what Mel needs to do is keep out of the dressing room , remain quiet and in the background , But invest a certain amount each year but tell the manager if you need more you have to sell. Im thankful Mels here and todays problems are not down to him.

Clough ............... Never should have been sacked but given money

Steve Mac..................... Got the players playing and preached togetherness but didn’t practice what he preached so eventually neither did the players.

Clement.................i cant comment here im not really sure maybe we were to hasty to boot i really don’t know.

Pearson ..................Completey wrong appointment in my opinion, he is from the George graham mould army style drill instructor to players who are stroppy,moody,devoid of confidence this doesn’t work  only in the army where they have no choice to respond to it.

Ian Holloway................. How does a man not at our club know so much. But wether you love him or hate him he has been right hasn’t he on most points. The fact is who ever he has at the club or what ever he knows there are players here who are not playing together and are not a unit. What you have to ask is if he knows this why doesn’t our managers past and present and clear them out ????.

Would Ian Holloway BE A BAD APPOINTMENT IF Pearson goes in the next 2 match’s on a short term contract to sort us out ?????.

Chris Martin.............. Derby had become completely and uttery one dimensional depending on a player who to me looks very moody and can unbalance a squad. Brilliant when on song and everything going his way but he comes across on the pitch as a very moody individual. It WAS completely right to let him go although i wish it had been for a fixed one time fee. And it was always going to be an unsettling time changing to a different style of play although it should not have seen us in the relegation area.

Tom Ince...........Virtually same as CM above , thinks he is better than he is and he isn’t a team player sell asap.

Will Hughes..... Now this is a real pain to me . He is VASTLY OVER RATED . Where are the goals !!! , where are the FORWARD PASSES !!! . He is to lightweight as well . All will does is play tippy tappy football and pass the ball sideways  . YES he is a promising youngster but he isn’t WAHT WE NEED NOW and we need to cash in and let him improve his game elsewhere. Some people need to really watch will and see how little he contributes to positive football and by that i mean forward thru passes , scoring you know putting the ball in the net ! .One touch football is great but it has to go forward to be effective not sideways or backwards. Sell

Scott Carson & Keogh ...............Decent players but always have a massive mistake in them when it COUNTS MOST. Sell

Shackell.......... I  was happy to see him back .....But again another possible very moody player why did Clough get rid ?? Sell

Russell ..... Like a poor mans gary micklewhite , No tricks just workrate  Sell

Butterfield...... May be wrong here but would like to see him have a long settle spell in side.Looks a bit ordinary but would like to give him more time.

Thorne.... Excellent player but how long do you persevere with his injury record.

Christie ......simply not good enough at defending ... Sell

What derby have to do is rip the side to bits and start again and why this has not happened during the summer is beyond me even if we take hits on the money and fees.

We NEED a manager that can Motivate more than anything . We don’t need drill seargeants who will make a moody set of players even more moody . I hate to say it but Holloway seems to know us would it be so bad ?  short term see how it goes. We don’t want Billy i don’t like derby davis but we need a motivator like him.

Whats worrying is any new players brought in that are not YET AFFECTED by the DERBY MOOD  need in my opinion to be kept away from the poison thats floating around , but how you do that i don’t know. But i do like what im reading from pearson in him saying i will start to bring in the youngsters there needs to be a fire sale in Jan on most of our senior pros . Most would not survive with me and i would like to see a more motivating manager put in place.

Pearson has realised Chris Martin was really stagnating the team in style and his mood things needed to change and he has been brave and done it unfortunately i don’t think he has changed enough of the team as there are still plenty of under performing individuals left.

RANT OVER .

p.s sorry for my grammar but i cant be bother to sort it lol.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must have taken you since 5pm last night to write this.

Cant disagree with any of your points regarding the players and their perceived attitude.

Regarding underperforming i would also add Olsson. Bent would fall under the same umbrella but he comes across to me as a good guy and probably adds something to the dressing room in terms of proffesionalism.

If a fire sale in Jan we will have to take a massive hit on most and to be fair could end up skating in and around the relegation zone which to be fair is astounding.

25 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

No club has a right to be in the top flight.But how Derby consistently muck it up is beyond me.I liken Derby to Villa a good following a midlands club but how Derby have NOT had the years Villa have in the Prem i do not know. You have to ask whats the secret although Villa have had i would say years upon years of mediocre football never really achieving any dizzy heights they have pocketed millions and there fans have enjoyed seeing top flight football for years until recently.

I love what Leicester have done but how the hell is that not us !!!!    It makes a mockery of Derby and Forest fans thinking there the only real big clubs in the area lets be honest we just pat Leicester on the head where footy is concerned and now look at them.

Mel Morris......           Derby have spent years wanting a stable ship and a multi millionaire willing to invest , now we have him we cant get a team to play its mind boggling. But seriously what Mel needs to do is keep out of the dressing room , remain quiet and in the background , But invest a certain amount each year but tell the manager if you need more you have to sell. Im thankful Mels here and todays problems are not down to him.

Steve Mac..................... Got the players playing and preached togetherness but didn’t practice what he preached so eventually neither did the players.

Clement.................i cant comment here im not really sure maybe we were to hasty to boot i really don’t know.

Pearson ..................Completey wrong appointment in my opinion, he is from the George graham mould army style drill instructor to players who are stroppy,moody,devoid of confidence this doesn’t work  only in the army where they have no choice to respond to it.

Ian Holloway................. How does a man not at our club know so much. But wether you love him or hate him he has been right hasn’t he on most points. The fact is who ever he has at the club or what ever he knows there are players here who are not playing together and are not a unit. What you have to ask is if he knows this why doesn’t our managers past and present and clear them out ????.

Would Ian Holloway BE A BAD APPOINTMENT IF Pearson goes in the next 2 match’s on a short term contract to sort us out ?????.

Chris Martin.............. Derby had become completely and uttery one dimensional depending on a player who to me looks very moody and can unbalance a squad. Brilliant when on song and everything going his way but he comes across on the pitch as a very moody individual. It WAS completely right to let him go although i wish it had been for a fixed one time fee. And it was always going to be an unsettling time changing to a different style of play although it should not have seen us in the relegation area.

Tom Ince...........Virtually same as CM above , thinks he is better than he is and he isn’t a team player sell asap.

Will Hughes..... Now this is a real pain to me . He is VASTLY OVER RATED . Where are the goals !!! , where are the FORWARD PASSES !!! . He is to lightweight as well . All will does is play tippy tappy football and pass the ball sideways  . YES he is a promising youngster but he isn’t WAHT WE NEED NOW and we need to cash in and let him improve his game elsewhere. Some people need to really watch will and see how little he contributes to positive football and by that i mean forward thru passes , scoring you know putting the ball in the net ! .One touch football is great but it has to go forward to be effective not sideways or backwards. Sell

Scott Carson & Keogh ...............Decent players but always have a massive mistake in them when it COUNTS MOST. Sell

Shackell.......... I  was happy to see him back .....But again another possible very moody player why did Clough get rid ?? Sell

Butterfield...... May be wrong here but would like to see him have a long settle spell in side.Looks a bit ordinary but would like to give him more time.

Thorne.... Excellent player but how long do you persevere with his injury record.

What derby have to do is rip the side to bits and start again and why this has not happened during the summer is beyond me even if we take hits on the money and fees.

We NEED a manager that can Motivate more than anything . We don’t need drill seargeants who will make a moody set of players even more moody . I hate to say it but Holloway seems to know us would it be so bad ?  short term see how it goes. We don’t want Billy i don’t like derby davis but we need a motivator like him.

Whats worrying is any new players brought in that are not YET AFFECTED by the DERBY MOOD  need in my opinion to be kept away from the poison thats floating around , but how you do that i don’t know. But i do like what im reading from pearson in him saying i will start to bring in the youngsters there needs to be a fire sale in Jan on most of our senior pros . Most would not survive with me and i would like to see a more motivating manager put in place.

Pearson has realised Chris Martin was really stagnating the team in style and his mood things needed to change and he has been brave and done it unfortunately i don’t think he has changed enough of the team as there are still plenty of under performing individuals left.

RANT OVER .

you were doing okay until you got to Will Hughes and then all I could think of was the word,PLANK.

I was there in div 3 when such a thing happened.

I was also there as a season ticket holder when Trevor Christie stepped up cool as custard 1...2.....3..... aka Graham Richards style to see us go back up.

So yes in answer to your question I would, but honestly if you got a motivating manager in I don't think it wil lcome to that. I have not completely given up on Pearson but you have to say the clocks ticking isn't it, he has failed in the summer to spot the huge problems we have.

Also if Ian Holloway constantly preaches our problems on national tv and can see it . Then why not give him a short term contract to sort us out . And no I'm not his biggest fan and hate to see how he slags us off but Hey you cant KNOCK him he has been proven right time and time again and clearly knows something. That tells me he could also sort it out .

People need to really watch Will Hughes . I'm not wanting to knock him but he needs to step up in the position he plays and grab the game by the scruff of the neck and be positive. You cant do that with lack of drive and no forward thru passes . Its always sideways a safe pass ( the stats look great ) to be a really great player you have to start putting the ball around I nthe hurting areas not leave it to others to do.

A positive attitude becomes infectious once one quality player does it it gives the whole team a lift.

I disagree with just about every word written. Selling everything that isn't bolted down isn't the correct solution and it isn't a viable solution. Knee jerk reactionary nonsense like this is a major contributing factor to me now having to suffer through Nigel Pearson's Derby tenure. Thanks for that.

Please lets not appoint ian holloway 

Gary Neville can spot the problems with most teams on monday night football. Even savage can talk the talk on TV, should we appoint him? 

The majority of the people on this board can see whats wrong but not one if us is qualified To manage the side 

why sack someone thats rubbish and replace them with someone who is equally rubbish or worse 

A very well thought out post.

The club would do well to consider a lot of the issues raised.

I agree about Chris Martin's play in his latter matches when he crashed to the ground in a sobbing heap whenever an opponent came within a yard of him. This was more a symptom of what you describe as the Derby MOOD than any long-term flaw in the player.

If what we have seen from Will Hughes recently is lightweight, I look forward to watching his heavyweight performances. He may have slipped to merely brilliant but I can live with that.

I agree that it is one big mess at the moment and nothing is working as it should.

The man who could have sorted it passed away twelve years ago!

We just have to hire the successor to his mantle.....simples!

30 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

RANT OVER .

I have to agree with everything you have said, especially the part regarding Chris Martin. We've put way too much emphasis on him with regards to our style of attacking play in recent years, which sadly on reflexion has over the long term done us no favours what so ever. 

Some interesting points there. I tend to agree about Martin although I know from my non-footy management experience frustration can undermine the most committed employees so I don't completely blame him if the rumours are true.

Hughes I fully agree with. Never subscribed to the sun shines out him school of thought (like most scouts apparently), although Angry obviously loves him

Ince a luxury player, good only when its easy going.

I think a key to our midfield is to get Johnson back in form and use him as a "spoiler"

How do you know NP is a an Army style drill instructor manager?

I wouldn't tear up any more than we have done. We needed a change and we got it, now we need to give it a bit of time.

Holloway here? NO NO NO NO!

I really don't want Holloway here to be honest but you have to say he does seem to know whats wrong before anyone else did....we all laughed at him at the time I seem to remember me included !.

I don't know NP is that type but come on he does come across like that doesn't he, it oozes out of him lol .

There are many contributory factors  to the mess we find ourselves in one of them is our transfer activity over the past few season, we have purchased supossedly "talented players" rather than focusing on players who would enhance our team. The team is the most important thing, if the "talented players" don't fit into the existing team or give the team a different dimension then the "talented players" are simply a waste of money.

Nothing fundamentally wrong with the defence last season bar a few errors so let's stop blaming them. The problem is further up the pitch. With the wealth of riches we have in midfield I find it unbelievable we can't find a balanced and effective engine room that can both take pressure off the defence and supply the forwards. Best thing that can happen right now is an injury crisis that means we have to give Johnson and/or Hanson a decent run and let them cement a starting berth - let's stop pretending we can win games on paper because we have £50m of talent and put some graft in instead. You make your own luck afterall.

4 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Pearson ..................Completey wrong appointment in my opinion, he is from the George graham mould army style drill instructor to players who are stroppy,moody,devoid of confidence this doesn’t work  only in the army where they have no choice to respond to it

doesn't it? Pretty sure it worked only a little over 2 years ago! Certainly more recently than any other method.

Archived