If NP left who would you like in charge...

BranstonRam

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Papahet said:

Like he got them motivated for the first leg game you mean?

Walsall as hit and miss, but it's better to be hit and miss rather than just constantly miss like Pearson is doing. Besides, Walsall was barely 5 months into his first managerial job, he was still learning.

5 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Walsall as hit and miss, but it's better to be hit and miss rather than just constantly miss like Pearson is doing. Besides, Walsall was barely 5 months into his first managerial job, he was still learning.

Pearson is barely 4 months into his tenure here, he's still learning. 

Or are you like everyone and going on his Leicester sin to wave a magic wand on these once, twice, three times a bottle job?

2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Or are you like everyone and going on his Leicester sin to wave a magic wand on these once, twice, three times a bottle job?

Wassall got 8 minutes.

The last 8 minutes at Rotherham.

2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

He's not learning in the same way Wassall was and you know it. There is a big difference between someone 5 mnths into their first managerial job and a man with 10 years experience starting at a new club. Pearson has had a long managerial career, and if he had any common sense about him he would have done his homework on our squad before the players arrived back for pre-season.

These bottle jobs as you put it have been in the top six of the league for the better part of three years. No matter who the manager has been they have been up there. It's remarkable how bad Pearson has managed to make us over the course of two months. If I wasn't so certain he's simply an arrogant fool I would suggest that he's deliberately sabotaging us.

Gary Rowett for me. Also likeed the football under McClaren but too many fans of ours dislike him. Warburton is also a very good manager...intelligent and has a very good way of communicating. It wouldn't take much to get this squad playing again; put Wassall back in charge for an interim period until the right man becomes available. We have some good youngsters at the Club...it's time we saw Farend Rawson and Max Lowe stepping up. I also think we need to move a few misfits on...we all know who they are. 

36 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

He's not learning in the same way Wassall was and you know it. There is a big difference between someone 5 mnths into their first managerial job and a man with 10 years experience starting at a new club. Pearson has had a long managerial career, and if he had any common sense about him he would have done his homework on our squad before the players arrived back for pre-season.

These bottle jobs as you put it have been in the top six of the league for the better part of three years. No matter who the manager has been they have been up there. It's remarkable how bad Pearson has managed to make us over the course of two months. If I wasn't so certain he's simply an arrogant fool I would suggest that he's deliberately sabotaging us.

These players haven't shown anything from day one of his tenure here, what's Pearson suppose to do if they simply don't want to play for him? 

What homework is their to do on this squad? Other than we've played 433 till it bored the players to death, Martins goals dried up, Thornes a liability with the injuries oh and guess what? We are still a Championship side now most likely restricted by FFP.

These players are arrogant if anyone is. They show no fight, no bottle when the going gets tough. How many games did we take our foot off the gas last season alone and ended up either getting beat or a side crawling their way back when we were in a healthy position? Rotherham last season, Brum at home the season under Mac, so many games we just stopped altogether.

They are mentality weak players, Wassall was a soft touch and had no authority over them, Shackells public behaviour towards him shown that. Pearson won't take that kind of **** from these players, hence why I believe Shackell injury  is most likely a cover up and Chris Martin is no longer.

It'll come good, have faith. Sure these players have had near misses with promotion - that's evidence they aren't quite good enough surely? It's got to be a head **** continually failing and still getting rewarded with 20-30 grand a week.  It went downhill when we gave crazy contracts out for fun i.e Bryson - he couldn't wait to get up to Burnley, only doing a U-turn when we were stupid enough to give him a ridiculous 5 year deal and suddenly he loves the club again..ha ha

22 minutes ago, Papahet said:

These players haven't shown anything from day one of his tenure here, what's Pearson suppose to do if they simply don't want to play for him? 

What homework is their to do on this squad? Other than we've played 433 till it bored the players to death, Martins goals dried up, Thornes a liability with the injuries oh and guess what? We are still a Championship side now most likely restricted by FFP.

These players are arrogant if anyone is. They show no fight, no bottle when the going gets tough. How many games did we take our foot off the gas last season alone and ended up either getting beat or a side crawling their way back when we were in a healthy position? Rotherham last season, Brum at home the season under Mac, so many games we just stopped altogether.

They are mentality weak players, Wassall was a soft touch and had no authority over them, Shackells public behaviour towards him shown that. Pearson won't take that kind of **** from these players, hence why I believe Shackell injury  is most likely a cover up and Chris Martin is no longer.

It'll come good, have faith. Sure these players have had near misses with promotion - that's evidence they aren't quite good enough surely? It's got to be a head **** continually failing and still getting rewarded with 20-30 grand a week.  It went downhill when we gave crazy contracts out for fun i.e Bryson - he couldn't wait to get up to Burnley, only doing a U-turn when we were stupid enough to give him a ridiculous 5 year deal and suddenly he loves the club again..ha ha

I wonder how they are meant to impress him when near enough all of his tactics are geared towards the weaknesses of the players.

Homework? Could've seen that the likes of Hughes and Bryson are far less efffective when they are forced to play deeper like they were at times last season and that their better performances came when they were allowed the freedom to get forward.

He could've seen that Weimann was poor when played on the wing last season and only really played well when Wassall basically played him as an inside left forward.

He could've seen that Shackell's weakness was passing out from the back and given how important passing out from the back is these days lined up a replacement.

He could've seen that Martin thrived when players were allowed to get up close team and when this happpened the team played well.

He could've seen any number of things simply by watching tapes of last seasons matches. He either didn't do this, did and missed it all, or did and simply decided to plow on anyway forcing players in to positions that do not suit them.

This so called rebuilding job either didn't need to happen in which case we only needed a couple of additions (a DM, RB and Winger). Or it did, in which case he could have sold some of our in demand players who wouldn't fit his preffered system and bring in others. I find hard to believe Pearson couldn't have found a buyer for the likes of Hughes, Russell and Keogh. No, it all reeks of either stupidity, half-heartedness or simple arrogance.

As for the whole near miss thing. That would suggest that we need a tweak or two to get up, not a complete rebuild. A player here, a player there - not a complete turnaround in the squad. You  don't get the playoffs when you are in need of a complete rebuild, it simply doesn't happen.

I have no faith in this manager who from all accounts had the likes Shakespeare at Leicester to paper over cracks with the players, Walsh to find the likes of Mahrez and Kante. A manager who only stumbled upon a solution to keep Leicester up at which point it was nearly too late. The same Leicester that won the league the next season without him.

He's a man who's got by for far too long on the talents of his assistants and noww he doesn't have them to hold him up he's folding.

20 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Mark Hughes will be out of a job soon

I like Sparky he builds solid teams but he would fail at Derby because he is a long view, deliberate and precise sort of guy who needs time and we have no patience. 

6 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I wonder how they are meant to impress him when near enough all of his tactics are geared towards the weaknesses of the players.

Homework? Could've seen that the likes of Hughes and Bryson are far less efffective when they are forced to play deeper like they were at times last season and that their better performances came when they were allowed the freedom to get forward.

He could've seen that Weimann was poor when played on the wing last season and only really played well when Wassall basically played him as an inside left forward.

He could've seen that Shackell's weakness was passing out from the back and given how important passing out from the back is these days lined up a replacement.

He could've seen that Martin thrived when players were allowed to get up close team and when this happpened the team played well.

He could've seen any number of things simply by watching tapes of last seasons matches. He either didn't do this, did and missed it all, or did and simply decided to plow on anyway forcing players in to positions that do not suit them.

This so called rebuilding job either didn't need to happen in which case we only needed a couple of additions (a DM, RB and Winger). Or it did, in which case he could have sold some of our in demand players who wouldn't fit his preffered system and bring in others. I find hard to believe Pearson couldn't have found a buyer for the likes of Hughes, Russell and Keogh. No, it all reeks of either stupidity, half-heartedness or simple arrogance.

As for the whole near miss thing. That would suggest that we need a tweak or two to get up, not a complete rebuild. A player here, a player there - not a complete turnaround in the squad. You  don't get the playoffs when you are in need of a complete rebuild, it simply doesn't happen.

I have no faith in this manager who from all accounts had the likes Shakespeare at Leicester to paper over cracks with the players, Walsh to find the likes of Mahrez and Kante. A manager who only stumbled upon a solution to keep Leicester up at which point it was nearly too late. The same Leicester that won the league the next season without him.

He's a man who's got by for far too long on the talents of his assistants and noww he doesn't have them to hold him up he's folding.

"Could've seen that the likes of Hughes and Bryson are far less effective when they are forced to play deeper like they were at times last season and that their better performances came when they were allowed the freedom to get forward."

Will Hughes hardly played a game last season mate

5 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

"Could've seen that the likes of Hughes and Bryson are far less effective when they are forced to play deeper like they were at times last season and that their better performances came when they were allowed the freedom to get forward."

Will Hughes hardly played a game last season mate

When he came back for the last 5 games or so. Against Hull at home for the playoffs, played deeper - played worse. Hull away, Brighton away, played futher forward - was much better. Even then, he does have the option of going back to the season before - the club keeps tapes of the matches. If he feels he doesn't know enough about the player from last season (which is fair enough given how long he was injured for), he does have the option to go further back, or even ask Gareth Southgate for his opinion.

Archived