If NP left who would you like in charge...

BranstonRam

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

When he came back for the last 5 games or so. Against Hull at home for the playoffs, played deeper - played worse. Hull away, Brighton away, played futher forward - was much better. Even then, he does have the option of going back to the season before - the club keeps tapes of the matches. If he feels he doesn't know enough about the player from last season (which is fair enough given how long he was injured for), he does have the option to go further back, or even ask Gareth Southgate for his opinion.

He should definitely be playing in a slightly higher role but under Pearson's management that is extremely unlikely.

So under this scenario the manager leaves and people want to replace him with his assistant who has stood by his shoulder and helped him fail? That makes no sense to me whatsoever.

And then they want the academy director they didn't want a month and a half ago? 

Reading down these 10 pages of suggestions makes me think Pearson is still the right man for the job. 

4 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

So under this scenario the manager leaves and people want to replace him with his assistant who has stood by his shoulder and helped him fail? That makes no sense to me whatsoever.

And then they want the academy director they didn't want a month and a half ago? 

Reading down these 10 pages of suggestions makes me think Pearson is still the right man for the job. 

I don't understand those wanting Powell either but I think I can explain about people wanting Wassell. 

Wassell did a decent job in ok in tricky circumstances. He got us playing in a similar style to what Mac set out and we got some good performances and players starting to play with confidence. The only problems were we were a tad inconsistent and due to tactical naivete we had a bad loss to Hull. (But he did show he could regroup and learn from his mistakes, producing arguably the best performance of the season at Hull). Due to this inconsistency and occasional tactical mishaps I wouldn't have hired in the summer, as we needed someone to build on his work and take on a level. 

Unfortunately we decided to hire a drill sergeant with outstandingly little tactical nouse over superior better candidates. This has led us in the unfortunate predicament we are in now. I doubt any top candidate would come in now because it's much harder to attract managers away from clubs midseason, particular to the **** storm we are in right now. 

To me this makes Wassell the best man for the job in our current state. He might not be the best candidate for a promotion push but we don't need that right now. Right now we need someone to dig us out this rut and get players playing with a bit of swagger again. Wassell has already proven he can do that with this group of players. The only other feasible candidate that would meet this criteria is Maclaren but I feel there is too much bad blood between him and Morris.

In summary come back Wassell, all is forgiven :D.

1 minute ago, kingsy1884 said:

Things are that dire that we would do something as crazy as this. He might shake a bit of life into these players though.

This maybe a bit melodramatic but I haven't felt this down about the club since the three amigos were in charge. To see a side that not very long ago were playing some of the best football I've ever seen from a derby side and capable of scoring goals such as johnson's second against Hull in the league, be systematically deconstructed and demoralised is devastating.

13 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

This maybe a bit melodramatic but I haven't felt this down about the club since the three amigos were in charge. To see a side that not very long ago were playing some of the best football I've ever seen from a derby side and capable of scoring goals such as johnson's second against Hull in the league, be systematically deconstructed and demoralised is devastating.

Dont worry. Things will hopefully never get to the stage as we were under the 3 amigos. Our club was on the brink of not existing, thats some other level ****. 

At least you can take heart in the fact that many Rams fans feel the same way. And I feel the fans are in a much better place than they were 10 years ago to actually have a say in the running of the club. 

Mel is no amigo and Pearson is no demi-god but things will get better with or without Pearson.

My own personal worry are the number of rumblings coming out of the club from 'ITK' people I dont believe them all for one second but very often there is no smoke without fire. And a happy club is one where everyone is pulling in the same direction.

1 minute ago, kingsy1884 said:

Dont worry. Things will hopefully never get to the stage as we were under the 3 amigos. Our club was on the brink of not existing, that some other level ****. 

At least you can take heart in the fact that many Rams fans feel the same way. And I feel the fans are in a much better place than they were 10 years ago to actually have a say in the running of the club. 

Mel is no amigo and Pearson is no demi-god but things will get better with or without Pearson.

My own personal worry are the number of rumblings coming out of the club from 'ITK' people I dont believe them for one second but very often there is no smoke without fire. And a happy club is one where everyone is pulling in the same direction.

Yeah I think you are right dude. I believe Mel's heart is in the right place and I believe he will eventually be a true force behind the club. I can't see Pearson working without him doing serious damage before hand though. 

I'm not sure I have seen these rumblings, would you care to elaborate ?

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Yeah I think you are right dude. I believe Mel's heart is in the right place and I believe he will eventually be a true force behind the club. I can't see Pearson working without him doing serious damage before hand though. 

I'm not sure I have seen these rumblings, would you care to elaborate ?

Read the forum namely the Chris Martin transfer thread and pick what you can out of it. We cant really comment on any matters though else we can get the forum into trouble.

8 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I don't understand those wanting Powell either but I think I can explain about people wanting Wassell. 

Wassell did a decent job in ok in tricky circumstances. He got us playing in a similar style to what Mac set out and we got some good performances and players starting to play with confidence. The only problems were we were a tad inconsistent and due to tactical naivete we had a bad loss to Hull. (But he did show he could regroup and learn from his mistakes, producing arguably the best performance of the season at Hull). Due to this inconsistency and occasional tactical mishaps I wouldn't have hired in the summer, as we needed someone to build on his work and take on a level. 

Unfortunately we decided to hire a drill sergeant with outstandingly little tactical nouse over superior better candidates. This has led us in the unfortunate predicament we are in now. I doubt any top candidate would come in now because it's much harder to attract managers away from clubs midseason, particular to the **** storm we are in right now. 

To me this makes Wassell the best man for the job in our current state. He might not be the best candidate for a promotion push but we don't need that right now. Right now we need someone to dig us out this rut and get players playing with a bit of swagger again. Wassell has already proven he can do that with this group of players. The only other feasible candidate that would meet this criteria is Maclaren but I feel there is too much bad blood between him and Morris.

In summary come back Wassell, all is forgiven :D.

Agree with this 100%. I would like to add that if Wassall can pull us out of this and we finish in the top half of the table he should be allowed another season minimum. 

The days of  drill sergeant types making good managers in any walk of life are in the past, it is a very different world today where drill sergeant types are treated with contempt and people respect, will work harder for managers that they are more like friends with and on first name terms with. The type of manager that you can approach and say I think we need to change the way we do this, or this is not working what if we try so and so and they will listen and discus it with you and take your suggestions on board are the type of managers workers give their all for. 

I live in a country where it is yes Sir no Sir and bosses have an attitude of shut up and do your job. Companies here are a mess because it, the workers can see whats wrong but are all scared to speak up about it, or if they do will be told it is not their concern. It just does not work in 2016. 

Archived