If NP left who would you like in charge...

BranstonRam

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

You know it's bad when people are pleading for mclaren or Wassall back. Good grief. Return to us the definition of rank failure to meet objectives. I'm unimpressed by Pearson but the objective he could still meet.

As COULD any other name mentioned.

I thought Mel's number one objective was to have the team playing decent football? 

From what I have seen, a quarter of the way into the season and we are a million miles away from that.

I want Pearson to stay and work it out as I believe everyone at the club will emerge stronger for it.

Should the powers that be decide otherwise then Oscar Garcia is the only man for me.

Now at my 'other' favourite second club Red Bull Salzburg, they like to press high like Klopps Liverpool and move the ball quickly and they are good to watch and score goals, albeit in a league probably on a par with mid table Championship.

Garcia also has experience of managing in this country and if course the Championship.

It appears a no brainer as they say.

Holloway no. Like the guy but just no. Warnock temporary yes.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

As COULD any other name mentioned.

I thought Mel's number one objective was to have the team playing decent football? 

From what I have seen, a quarter of the way into the season and we are a million miles away from that.

We are, I agree. Pearson is failing but he hasn't failed his overall mission ... Yet. We need to see good football and fast. That was my point. 

5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

We are, I agree. Pearson is failing but he hasn't failed his overall mission ... Yet. We need to see good football and fast. That was my point. 

What is the cut off point for deciding if a manager has failed though when the objective is subjective?

Some now seem to be suggesting NP is beyond judgement until the team is all his own players!

28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What is the cut off point for deciding if a manager has failed though when the objective is subjective?

Some now seem to be suggesting NP is beyond judgement until the team is all his own players!

What I fail to understand is this misnomer about a manager taking over a club and wanting all their own players in order for their managerial ability to be judged fairly. If a manager is any good he'd get some sort of system and way of playing going with the players he already has and then add to as and when he sees fit to develop it.

We forget that in Derby's case, the players we have are all pretty talented players who are commanding tens of thousands a week, some with Premier League experience and now suddenly none of them are capable of playing football better than the likes of Swindon Town? We're not talking about a manager like Jackie McNamara at York City who had to replace a full squad of players upon relegation with nothing to spend at the beginning of this season thus recruiting part time plasterers from the likes of Pocklington Town. We are talking players at Derby that many Championship clubs would love to have.

Pearson gets judged more than fairly IMO after a season, whether he's got his own players or not. They're all good footballers and he needs to start doing what he is paid for and that is managing effectively what he already has.

If you get a new job at a company you come in and are judged from the moment you take over. You don't get a year to prove to your customers and bosses that you can do the job. You do the job from day one, you identify strengths and weaknesses within the staff and work on them and if you can't then you are failing and aren't up to the job in hand. You don't just sack everyone or put them on light duties and hire a completely new set of staff because the others don't live up to expectations. That's not management, that's dead easy.

I don't like using real world analogies to compare to football because football is a million miles away from the real world and i'm not sure that it's even fair but there you go.

50 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

What I fail to understand is this misnomer about a manager taking over a club and wanting all their own players in order for their managerial ability to be judged fairly. If a manager is any good he'd get some sort of system and way of playing going with the players he already has and then add to as and when he sees fit to develop it.

We forget that in Derby's case, the players we have are all pretty talented players who are commanding tens of thousands a week, some with Premier League experience and now suddenly none of them are capable of playing football better than the likes of Swindon Town? We're not talking about a manager like Jackie McNamara at York City who had to replace a full squad of players upon relegation with nothing to spend at the beginning of this season thus recruiting part time plasterers from the likes of Pocklington Town. We are talking players at Derby that many Championship clubs would love to have.

Pearson gets judged more than fairly IMO after a season, whether he's got his own players or not. They're all good footballers and he needs to start doing what he is paid for and that is managing effectively what he already has.

If you get a new job at a company you come in and are judged from the moment you take over. You don't get a year to prove to your customers and bosses that you can do the job. You do the job from day one, you identify strengths and weaknesses within the staff and work on them and if you can't then you are failing and aren't up to the job in hand. You don't just sack everyone or put them on light duties and hire a completely new set of staff because the others don't live up to expectations. That's not management, that's dead easy.

I don't like using real world analogies to compare to football because football is a million miles away from the real world and i'm not sure that it's even fair but there you go.

Absolutely spot on. I keep on banging the same drum but when the large majority in here were touting Pearson as the only man for the job not one of them said anything about him needing to come in and build a team from scratch. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Personally, I'm good with whatever Mel decides (sack or give him until xmas) but I'd like to see a) a positive style of play - ban random clearances upfield  b) movement off the ball on the field c) more youth playing ... Elsnik Hanson Rawson and Lowe should be regulars or on the bench ... And lastly, results. 

4 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Coco the clown, because if we get rid of Pearson then that is what we deserve . He is the right man for the job, just give him time. We need to stop changing managers every 5 minutes.

things will come right just believe and su

No not coco. Are you loco? He's never even been to our ground. I thought that Wayne Kangarooney and Mackerell Jordan were the most entertainment I've seen at the ipro in ages - sign them up as head and assistant. 

14 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I don't understand those wanting Powell either but I think I can explain about people wanting Wassell. 

Wassell did a decent job in ok in tricky circumstances. He got us playing in a similar style to what Mac set out and we got some good performances and players starting to play with confidence. The only problems were we were a tad inconsistent and due to tactical naivete we had a bad loss to Hull. (But he did show he could regroup and learn from his mistakes, producing arguably the best performance of the season at Hull). Due to this inconsistency and occasional tactical mishaps I wouldn't have hired in the summer, as we needed someone to build on his work and take on a level. 

Unfortunately we decided to hire a drill sergeant with outstandingly little tactical nouse over superior better candidates. This has led us in the unfortunate predicament we are in now. I doubt any top candidate would come in now because it's much harder to attract managers away from clubs midseason, particular to the **** storm we are in right now. 

To me this makes Wassell the best man for the job in our current state. He might not be the best candidate for a promotion push but we don't need that right now. Right now we need someone to dig us out this rut and get players playing with a bit of swagger again. Wassell has already proven he can do that with this group of players. The only other feasible candidate that would meet this criteria is Maclaren but I feel there is too much bad blood between him and Morris.

In summary come back Wassell, all is forgiven :D.

Good argument. I don't agree, but it's a good argument.

16 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I'm quite surprised by how many people would be happy with us to go down with Pearson, as if it's guaranteed we'd bounce back with back to back promotions.

Anything below 10th would be a travesty this season. 

It's remarkable how quickly he has managed to lower expectations. When he was appointed everyone was saying how a tweak here, a new player there and we would be right up there. Now people are seriously saying we should be happy to accept his baffling tactics and ridiculous transfer decisions whilst he dismantles a playoff team.

Oh wait, 'but Leicester'.

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

Dont forget toddy , this man comes as a pair and i for one dont want Paddy Kenny in our goal

At least with Warwick we could be saved from relegation, another Rotherham for him.

Anyway having watched the hammers on Sunday I think they are the Derby of the premiership a team devoid of confidence.

Archived