Chris Powell

BranstonRam

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a general rule, I don't comment on any of the staff under the manager.  I don't join in on the Kevin Phillips bashing that's going on now.  I didn't join in on the Garner/Crosby bashing that went on either.  We have no clue what these guys are supposed to be doing, let alone how well they are doing it.  The manager is in charge of managing these guys, he lives or dies by how well the coaching staff are coaching.

Irrelevant if you ask me, I'm looking at the revolving door recruitment department that has signed a load of overpaid tossers myself. Clubs in our league have built better squads for 1/3 of the price. How many recruitment teams we had in the last couple of years? 3? 4? It's a joke.

49 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Irrelevant if you ask me, I'm looking at the revolving door recruitment department that has signed a load of overpaid tossers myself. Clubs in our league have built better squads for 1/3 of the price. How many recruitment teams we had in the last couple of years? 3? 4? It's a joke.

Yes there has been money wasted. Ince, Butterfield & Johnson were significantly overpriced. Weimann is the type of player you could probably find cheap in the lower leagues, busy and fast with little end product. Blackman was a signing that we didn't need to make. On the positive side, I hope that Camara will be good when he plays regularly. Anya looks a threat and Vydra should do well in the 4-4-2 set up.

Lets hope Pearson has a better handle on recruitment than the previous management.

2 hours ago, europia said:

Yes there has been money wasted. Ince, Butterfield & Johnson were significantly overpriced. Weimann is the type of player you could probably find cheap in the lower leagues, busy and fast with little end product. Blackman was a signing that we didn't need to make. On the positive side, I hope that Camara will be good when he plays regularly. Anya looks a threat and Vydra should do well in the 4-4-2 set up.

Lets hope Pearson has a better handle on recruitment than the previous management.

Unfortunately ,he's still at Leicester.

Not sure why Powell has been singled out and no mention of Idiakez, the last time we had someone at the club that used a hairdryer was Savage, we all know how that turned out.

For me this is the root of our problems and not allowing our players to shine, when was the last time we saw one curl in from outside the box?

Now I have highlighted the issue I'm sure Pearson will mullet over and cut short his time here.

I love you really Inigo! ??

1 minute ago, David said:

Not sure why Powell has been singled out and no mention of Idiakez, the last time we had someone at the club that used a hairdryer was Savage, we all know how that turned out.

For me this is the root of our problems and not allowing our players to shine, when was the last time we saw one curl in from outside the box?

Now I have highlighted the issue I'm sure Pearson will mullet over and cut short his time here.

I love you really Inigo! ??

Someone needs to bang a few in.

26 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Pearson - leaves Leicester- they go top of the league

Powell - leaves  Huddersfield - they go top of the league

Did they build the side or hold them back?

Hmm interesting one.

I would say neither, that they were just part of the process.

As others have mentioned - I don't have a clue what his job here is, but seeing as the discussion is taking place; according to Huddersfield's chief exec at a fan's forum a couple of weeks into Wagner's reign he only took training twice a week there and still lived in London. 

No idea if it's like that here, could even be ******** probably worth sharing though. I'd link the forum it was shared on but you have to sign up to it to see it.

Can't really compare Powell and Simpson either. Like pasta and rice - same role (food group) but quite different in job. Simpson had to be on the touch line, as Mac was up in the stands for 60 mins, whereas Pearson doesn't leave it or stop barking orders. No need for Chrissy to join in. 

I heard Powell and Idiakez stand up from bench and shout an order or two last night. Pearsons job effects all our staff, they succeed as a team 

Archived