Luck

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

I'm not beating the sympathy drum but for crying out loud, we could use some.

How didn't we score tonight? How didn't Blackman score? And then their goal from their only shot? 

It will come. Very confident of that. 

I do share your optimism but these guys should have composure at that level. It will come it has too.. Can't have played 46 and scored 1..., 

2 minutes ago, David said:

Someones in for a spanking soon.

A confident striker would have had a couple tonight easily, just need one to go in even off an arse and more will follow. 

Yeah, Derby. We don't score, and it's only a matter of time before we come up against a team who turn it on against us. We'll be on the end of the three plus nil defeat before we come remotely close to dishing one out.

We haven't had any luck for about 4 seasons, the amount of games we have had more possession, more shots at goal, more shots on target etc, and yet still not won them. Over a long period of matches you should at least get wins in 50%. The luck also seems to strike against us in injuries. I know all teams have injuries, but our teams injuries always seem to be key players for long periods out. Have we been cursed by the gypsies again.

We had no luck and played very well in spells granted, but we also looked a completely different side in that second half. Instead of the slick intricate passing we reverted to lumping it.

Someone please remind the players Anya is a man of restricted growth and will NEVER out jump a big lump of a CB, you may aswell pass them the ball back to their feet, so frustrating to watch! 

Luck tends to even itself out over at season. Most of the time. But tonight was crazy i feel sorry for blackman but i can't help but feel martin or even sammon might have bundled that in at the end. 

Injuries have been abhorrent over the last 3 seasons though. Losing Thorne and Martin at the wrong times has really caused us problems but we should have mitigated that over 3 bloody years.

I feel a drumming is over the horizon though. Maybe a 2-0 goalfest vs brizzle on saturday. 

Archived