Is this job to big for Pearson

whaley bridge Ram

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, superrams23 said:

i think Davide Ballardini would be a good shout to come in:) hes without a club and plays "the derby way" and has abit of experience also on top of this he has a reputation for turning sides around

Does he speak English? 

Has the 'Derby Way' been exported to Sicily now? I'm impressed with Mel/Sam if that is the case.

One day everyone will be playing 'The Derby Way', except, of course, Derby.

1 hour ago, Milk said:

Pearson fits in here just swell ... 

We're not top six on September the 13 th .... 16 /17

and ?? 

Who cares about where we are at the minute? Who cares about the results? The only people that are bringing them up are the people who think Pearson is some messiah.

The people that are feeling uneasy are questioning the performances, why players are being asked to do things that are not where their strengths lie.

Also if you press the enter/return key once it gives you a one line space for your next paragraph. No need to have the big gaps. The only time is when joke posts are made.

Oh I see it now...:ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Bought my match programme off the bloke by the traffic lights and gave him £20, and when he gave me my change he passed the fiver and said, put this in Steve Bruce as next manager......

Is that the same Steve Bruce whose team were completely outclassed and tactically out thought twice at their place last season. He's a waste of effin space, the problem here is we've got players who 1) aren't as good as we think they are; 3 years of failure prove that. 2) don't like being told to get off their stars and put a shift in cos they've been mollycoddled by Clough, Mac, Clement & Wassall. 3) all this ******** about we can't play 4-4-2, it's still football ffs 11 v 11 with a ball. These prima donnas can't play 4-4-2 - ******** stop effin sulkin and put a shift in like the common man has to do every day of his life. 

No matter who comes here they won't succeed with these ******* they need shippin out the lot of em.

11 hours ago, Supermac said:

No matter who comes here they won't succeed with these ******* they need shippin out the lot of em.

But they're cr*p, who'll buy them?!

So cr*p that yet again they challenged for the play-offs? Is that how Pearson manages, sell everyone?

For me, historically the Derby Way = six or seven seasons of chaos, culminating in stumbling across a half decent manager who throws a team together and achieves a couple of seasons of success. This almost happened with McLaren until he lost interest in favour of a better offer at NUFC. So in the cycle of things we have missed out on the 'cherry on the cake' and are slipping into the chaotic / downward phase. I expect NP to stick around till the end of the season at least. After that we will have to wait and see....

3 hours ago, europia said:

For me, historically the Derby Way = six or seven seasons of chaos, culminating in stumbling across a half decent manager who throws a team together and achieves a couple of seasons of success. This almost happened with McLaren until he lost interest in favour of a better offer at NUFC. So in the cycle of things we have missed out on the 'cherry on the cake' and are slipping into the chaotic / downward phase. I expect NP to stick around till the end of the season at least. After that we will have to wait and see....

I think NP will do a good job, he is freezing out players who think they are great but don't deliver and now need to prove themselves and use both feet.. Bent has a contract and on his last legs so doesn't care if he scores proof was hitting row Z from 9 yards..What is odd only Steve McClaren had any pulling power, IBE, Wisdom the lad from Real Madrid etc Clement and now Pearson don't seem to have that. I was expecting at least a huge name loan from any of the top clubs to score goals but not Wilson. Even Bristol City have got a Chelsea loanee who has now scored 7 this season alone.. All a bit odd.. 

2 hours ago, Andrew James said:

I think NP will do a good job, he is freezing out players who think they are great but don't deliver and now need to prove themselves and use both feet.. Bent has a contract and on his last legs so doesn't care if he scores proof was hitting row Z from 9 yards..What is odd only Steve McClaren had any pulling power, IBE, Wisdom the lad from Real Madrid etc Clement and now Pearson don't seem to have that. I was expecting at least a huge name loan from any of the top clubs to score goals but not Wilson. Even Bristol City have got a Chelsea loanee who has now scored 7 this season alone.. All a bit odd.. 

I agree with your comments on Pearson. It may not be pretty football to start with, but the squad needs sorting out.

McClaren had pulling power at that time and I really did believe he was going to get us over the line, regarding promotion. Then it went all pear shaped. I think the contribution of Ibe & Wisdom was very significant. Wilson could yet prove to be a decent loanee, but he will only flourish with in form quality players around him. 

2 hours ago, Andrew James said:

What is odd only Steve McClaren had any pulling power...Pearson don't seem to have that. I was expecting at least a huge name loan from any of the top clubs to score goals but not Wilson. Even Bristol City have got a Chelsea loanee who has now scored 7 this season alone.. All a bit odd.. 

Or not odd but telling! What do other clubs think NP is going to do with their talented youngsters?!

On 10 September 2016 at 23:17, Pearsonite said:

Leicester fan in peace

Honestly, needed to make myself feel better after our thrashing today, so came on here.

I don't know what you've been told by other Leicester fans on here, Pearson does have something of an army of Leicester fans who even now still yearn for him. It's a bit weird. You can't really say anything negative about Pearson without being rounded on by those people. We call them "Pearsonites", hence my username (for clarity, I'm not one, I'm being ironic). So I suspect you've been told pretty forcefully that given time to build his own team Pearson will guarantee you success.

The trouble with that is that Pearson wasn't really the man who built the team at Leicester, that was Steve Walsh, now at Everton. Walsh gifted Pearson players like Morgan, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Knockaert and Vardy while we were still in the Championship. We already had the likes of Schmeichel and Nugent so we had a really strong squad for that level. All Pearson had to do was instil some discipline and a basic tactical system (442) and promotion from the championship was a sure thing.

Once we got to the premier league we no longer had the best players in the division so for the first time it was up to Pearson to use some tactical nous. Unfortunately Pearson is not a good tactician at all. We went through a good half a dozen different formations in the first half of the season alone. None of them worked. It was a total shambles. Some of his selections and formations were absolutely ludicrous. Honestly, you'd look at the team sheet and not know whether to laugh or cry, it was so bizarre. The highest profile example is probably the way he kept Mahrez out of the team for half the season. At the time Mahrez was already clearly our most creative player, but Pearson kept dropping him. He couldn't get the best out of him at all.

Now in the end we did go on a wild run that secured our survival, but on reflection, knowing what we now know about the quality of those players, we should never have been anywhere near the bottom of the league in the first place. It was Pearson's tactical inadequacies that put us there. The formation that led to our survival was at least the 10th different formation he'd tried that season, so was it more luck than judgement? Had Pearson finally worked the Premier League out, or was he lucky to just stumble on something that worked? I'll let you decide, but a quote from Pearson himself probably holds the biggest clue - when asked about what had changed at Leicester Pearson simply replied "I don't know".

I'll always be grateful to Nige for bringing Steve Walsh to Leicester and overseeing what would become a precursor to our finest hour, but I wouldn't have him back as a manager without Walsh, not even in the championship. Other Leicester fans will say different and some will defend Nige very passionately, but for me, you've got a manager who is tactically slightly below average at championship level and whose squad building capability is completely unproven without Walsh by his side. You've had a really poor start, and personally I'd be worried.

I have no personal allegiance to Nigel Pearson, however it's hard to take this post seriously. Knowledgable football observers like Lineker and others close to Leicester City have commented on what a fantastic job Pearson did in turning Leicester around and keeping them in the PL. It seems very mean spirited to try to discredited the guy for that. To suggest that a newly promoted team struggling in at the bottom of the PL were simply under achieving just doesn't stack up. I applaud what Ranieri has done since NP was sacked, but a bit surprised that there are Foxes fans wanting to re-write history. 

Pearson might get us relegated. Pearson might get us into the top half of the Prem.

He's been here 5 minutes and I think he's made mistakes. He absolutely deserves to be given a free pass for at least a season. 

30 minutes ago, europia said:

To suggest that a newly promoted team struggling in at the bottom of the PL were simply under achieving just doesn't stack up. I applaud what Ranieri has done since NP was sacked...

Yeah he just managed to keep them in the Prem too!

Archived