Is this job to big for Pearson

whaley bridge Ram

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

No, I wasn't a wassall man.

But nor was I a pearson pusher.

I favoured the mentoring idea. Wassall to basically "apprentice " to someone older eg hoddle. 

That was when I assumed we wished to retain our then style and build out rather than implement any profound change.  All seems a long time ago now.....

Isn't that what we had when Mel brought in HR?

That sort of went pear-shaped. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, toddy said:

We won six of eleven, drew two and lost three. Four of these games were against fellow top six sides and one was an end of season dead-rubber that nobody other than Johnathan Douglas was up for.

The only thing that went wrong ignoring hindsight was going too direct against Hull in the first leg. 

Not really that pear-shaped… 

7 minutes ago, cannable said:

We won six of eleven, drew two and lost three. Four of these games were against fellow top six sides and one was an end of season dead-rubber that nobody other than Johnathan Douglas was up for.

The only thing that went wrong ignoring hindsight was going too direct against Hull in the first leg. 

Not really that pear-shaped… 

Under Clement we were 5pts off top spot after 30 games.

Under Walsall with the same players we were 15 pts off top spot after a further 16 games.

1 hour ago, toddy said:

You're right that it was a similar idea, but I envisaged a more structured/formalised arrangement. And I absolutely would not have wanted 'arry anywhere near it. As I understood it, HR had no formal role at the club - or at least he never described it as such.

I couldn't ever really tell how much "suggesting" HR was doing to wassall - weren't there rumours that it was his idea to play more direct against Hull in the play off home leg? Nothing was definite or proven so basically 'arry gets a free ride (just the way he likes it).

might not have worked of course - just thought that although Wassall had some positive attributes and could possibly do the role in future he was very naïve and we needed someone who wouldn't be walked over by the players. Ah! Someone like Pearson.....:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

You're right that it was a similar idea, but I envisaged a more structured/formalised arrangement. And I absolutely would not have wanted 'arry anywhere near it. As I understood it, HR had no formal role at the club - or at least he never described it as such.

I couldn't ever really tell how much "suggesting" HR was doing to wassall - weren't there rumours that it was his idea to play more direct against Hull in the play off home leg? Nothing was definite or proven so basically 'arry gets a free ride (just the way he likes it).

might not have worked of course - just thought that although Wassall had some positive attributes and could possibly do the role in future he was very naïve and we needed someone who wouldn't be walked over by the players. Ah! Someone like Pearson.....:ph34r:

He stated in a TalkSport interview that one of the things he suggested Wassall change was to make us more direct in general - so it wouldn't be too farfetched to suggest that it was his idea.

Just a word in Pearson not taking **** - according to Craig Fagan he acted the big man but was always **** scared when one to one with the players at Hull.

36 minutes ago, cannable said:

He stated in a TalkSport interview that one of the things he suggested Wassall change was to make us more direct in general - so it wouldn't be too farfetched to suggest that it was his idea.

Just a word in Pearson not taking **** - according to Craig Fagan he acted the big man but was always **** scared when one to one with the players at Hull.

Tbf to pearson himself, I haven't seen much evidence of him throwing his weight around. It's more sort of by reputation - but of course he doesn't do anything to dispel the notion!

It's all so bloody tiresome this alpha male stuff. Be nice if they could all pull in the same direction within an atmosphere of mutual respect. 

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Regarding the Craig Fagan thing, is this substantiated or anecdotal? It may be that he has a personal agenda toward NP.

It certainly appears that there are posters on this forum with an agenda. Surely the new manager deserves a fair crack of the whip? It would seem that some have already made their minds up. Based on what? Seven games into a season? Something Craig Fagan may have said? Opinions of some apparently disgruntled and ungrateful Leicester City fans? 

6 minutes ago, europia said:

Regarding the Craig Fagan thing, is this substantiated or anecdotal? It may be that he has a personal agenda toward NP.

It certainly appears that there are posters on this forum with an agenda. Surely the new manager deserves a fair crack of the whip? It would seem that some have already made their minds up. Based on what? Seven games into a season? Something Craig Fagan may have said? Opinions of some apparently disgruntled and ungrateful Leicester City fans? 

It was on the 'Magic Sponge' podcast with Rob Beckett and Jimmy Bullard, neither seemed to rate him from his time at Hull, but as you say maybe he didn't rate them either.

6 hours ago, trevor1946 said:

Director of football,what is that,does he pick the coaches,choose the players,oversee the football related business,and be responsible for the clubs progress,This position to me is a manager,and we have one.

A director of football works with the board,on football related matters,and if it fails,they sack the Head Coach,the fans have a scape goat,and the fans look forward to ground hog day.

A Manager is given time to develop the playing squad,and if he fails then he moves on,and the board are responsible for picking the wrong man,Some one has to be accountable ,the last manager was Nigel Clough,.

This group of players are a shambles,and the change of direction instigated by Rush was a disaster in his battle cry.

the next level, ,Fans have seen millions spent on failure,3 years of ineptitude and,3 head coaches. ,The director of football

moved on, ,8 coaches sacked,and the club in turmoil,Now certain fans expect Pearson to come in,and sort it out in 7 matches,Cloughs legacy still with us Hendricks 10 mil----Martin 3 mil   -,13 million income on players  that have served the club well   ,,Pearson should be afforded the same amount of time,that Rush had to get us in this mess.

A team has to be built and all we have is expensive parts,that do not fit

@trevor1946 you really could save yourself a lot of time and effort by copying and pasting your posts because everyone is the same...

Rush is the anti Christ

Clough is The Messiah

Millions spent

3 years of failure

If you think our current period of failure only spans back 3 years, I can only guess that the 1946 in your username relates to the last time you went to watch Derby.

Still can't believe this thread title ... 

Doctor I'm a Derby fan and nobody wants to talk to me coz I keep on starting dumb threads on the internet ..... 

Sit yourself down on this couch and lets talk about it .... 

I'm not allowed up there doctor... 

5 minutes ago, Milk said:

Still can't believe this thread title ... 

Doctor I'm a Derby fan and nobody wants to talk to me coz I keep on starting dumb threads on the internet ..... 

Sit yourself down on this couch and lets talk about it .... 

I'm not allowed up there doctor... 

Do you do anything other than moan about other people? 

If you actually read the threads you'd see some people having a discussion. This is how fans forums work. What do you want? 5 threads of people chanting Super Derby, Super Rams. 

Why don't you try adding something sometime? Or, and this may sound crazy, if you really don't like the thread that much don't click on it

On 17/09/2016 at 02:44, Alpha said:

Do you do anything other than moan about other people? 

If you actually read the threads you'd see some people having a discussion. This is how fans forums work. What do you want? 5 threads of people chanting Super Derby, Super Rams. 

Why don't you try adding something sometime? Or, and this may sound crazy, if you really don't like the thread that much don't click on it

The thread title speaks for itself ... 

It's a naff thread .. 

Archived