Nathan Tyson on LinkedIn

cheron85

Apparently he was trying to make people aware of his availability... It is after all a professional networking tool...

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/nathan-tyson-652113125

He had this to say about his time at Derby:

Striker

Derby County Football Club

July 2011 – June 2014 (3 years)

I joined the rams in 2011 as one of their stellar signings, where I spent the first season playing a mixture of striker and on the wing.

During my time at Derby County, I proved to create a huge impact on the games when I was on the pitch and on numerous occasions came straight onto the pitch to score or be the provider and assist my teammates scoring goals.

I thought you chaps may have some opinions on this?

:D

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really worried about this candidate. He didn't say he was a highly motivated self starter or that he could use word and excel. Has he got a clean driving licence ? And what does he do in his spare time ? .. Nothing about dog walking, gardening or DIY for that matter. :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

People still use LinkedIn? 

Apparently (according to the DET) he's touting himself on Instagram too:

"Hi. Anyone know of any teams that are looking for a striker? I'm still a free agent, willing to train with a team if they want to have a look at me first"

Clough brought some decent players in during his time, but the signing of Tyson was utterly incomprehensible and one of the things that really turned me off football and going to the games.

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Clough brought some decent players in during his time, but the signing of Tyson was utterly incomprehensible and one of the things that really turned me off football and going to the games.

He was quick though... Which as we've recently established is the ONLY attribute worth having as a footballer... :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

He was quick though... Which as we've recently established is the ONLY attribute worth having as a footballer... :ph34r:

Haha! Point taken, only he wasn't. He was a 30 year old with very dodgy hamstrings who was unlikely to be able to run at all as a result (ignoring the fact that if he was ever fit enough he would be unlikely to ever do anything useful with the ball at his feet).

59 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Apparently he was trying to make people aware of his availability... It is after all a professional networking tool...

Striker

I joined the rams in 2011 as one of their stellar signings, where I spent the first season playing a mixture of striker and on the wing.

During my time at Derby County, I proved to create a huge impact on the games when I was on the pitch and on numerous occasions came straight onto the pitch to score or be the provider and assist my teammates scoring goals.

To be fair, in his second season he scored five goals and his goals to minutes ratio was better than a goal every 180 minutes.

Decent from the bench at the very least.

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Striker

My CV on Linkedin is full of bullshit too

48 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

To this day I'm pretty sure the only reason we signed him was to stop him scoring against us whenever he played us. I guess on that front it was a successful signing.

The head groundsman wanted somewhere to keep the corner flags.

Archived