Christie

Woodley Ram

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could find a better defensive minded defender for 3 million I think. Cyrus is still to reach his full potential and if he reaches it he'd easily be worth the 5 plus but at the moment I just don't see it. Going forward he reminds me of Stephen Pearson, does all the hard work only to bugger up the final ball and defensively he often finds himself out of position and relays far to much on his pace to get him out of trouble

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

The lad has character at least.. Takes the knocks on and off the pitch and comes back stronger.. Better than can be said for most of the other fragile puppies. Gutless *****.

Still a lot to learn but a good asset to DCFC.

Who let you back in? 

Defensively my no means a complete player but he is quick and offensive not sure i woukd be happy paying £5 mill for himbut in today's market his value should have shot up,just hope he continues to play regular 1st team football and continues to improve.

His most common faults seem to be crossing and shooting?! (???) are we talking about a full back or a winger here? I personally feel he lacks defensively the most, any attacking attributes are a bonus I like my full backs to defend first and foremost. Wisdom was a far better defender IMO you could count on one hand the amount of times somebody got past him that season, he was a tank. He didn't offer as much going forward but we had the maurading Forsyth on the other side to make up for it. I know that's a slight contradiction but we had Wisdom, Keogh and Bucko who were all solid if Fozzy went flying forward, at the minute we have 2 full backs that are better going forward than they are defensively, I feel that leaves us a little exposed.

11 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

I'm very rarely negative about derby and like to support my team wherever possible, I don't go to constantly criticise the team like some but , Cyrus is really not good enough , I believe many look at Cyrus with rose tinted glasses , which is not necessary a bad thing because I presume I do with certain players . I just don't believe Cyrus has the quality to play at this level let al9ne any higher, I really hope one day he can prove me wrong but I doubt it . 

Bla! Quality is what he does have! End product is what's missing. He skins defenders with ease going forward and he can defend too. He's getting better. The only thing that's missing are goals !!! He will beat players for fun drive into the box and then either passively lay it off or blaze it wide. He should be the highest scoring defender in the division with the amount of chances he creates for himself ! If he scored half his chances he'd already be in the premier league. Crossing could be a bit better but he always gets them off. 

I like Christie I think he's a good player and is still young. I think it's even better how strong he came back last year, he could of easily just not been intrested or not played with 100% but he played better than he ever has for Derby, pretty obvious martin knew he was going and he gave no effort unlike Christie who is now one of the first names on the line up... Wouldn't be surprised if a few players who are still at the club were also trying to get moved out by the club, if so I hope they come back like Christie did and not like martin played the last few games 

5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Bla! Quality is what he does have! End product is what's missing. He skins defenders with ease going forward and he can defend too. He's getting better. The only thing that's missing are goals !!! He will beat players for fun drive into the box and then either passively lay it off or blaze it wide. He should be the highest scoring defender in the division with the amount of chances he creates for himself ! If he scored half his chances he'd already be in the premier league. Crossing could be a bit better but he always gets them off. 

Surely, his lack of end product , poor crossing ability and lack of concentration when defending go hand in hand with quality ? The fact he can skin a couple of left backs does not make him quality .

Christie is very good defensively when he's man-for-man, the only time he really gets caught out is when he's gone on the attack and they've slipped in behind him. He's one of the more prolific attacking full-backs in the division, especially when you consider how many assists he has over the course of his time here in comparison to others. However, it's his defensive capabilities as an attacking full back that sets him aside.

One of the best stats I can provide to prove this - of all the full backs to make over 100 tackles last season (Lewington, Lichaj, Grounds, Christie) Christie only got beat 25 times, the rest 40+. 

He's not the greatest player in the world, no, but he wouldn't be at this level if he were. In comparison to some players we could have at right back, I think he's more than just a good choice!

I think he just gets caught a lot by more experienced wingers. He'll learn. Like has been said, if he didn't have his flaws he wouldn't be at Championship level. When he gets a bit more game savvy he'll play in the Premier League. 

Good afternoon gentleman I had to sign up due to the ridiculous comments about Christie being "good" or even "quality"??? We have a solid back four (most of the time) but Christie in my opinion is the week link. Hes at fault for many goals and going forward he is awful. Can't cross, passes backward 99% of the time breaks up or slows down most of forward play! Hope we are all having a great weekend! Shame about the weather 

1 hour ago, James1989 said:

Good afternoon gentleman I had to sign up due to the ridiculous comments about Christie being "good" or even "quality"??? We have a solid back four (most of the time) but Christie in my opinion is the week link. Hes at fault for many goals and going forward he is awful. Can't cross, passes backward 99% of the time breaks up or slows down most of forward play! Hope we are all having a great weekend! Shame about the weather 

Exaggeration worthy of any first post.

Archived