Christie

Woodley Ram

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Exaggeration worthy of any first post.

Andy explain to me what he does which makes him so good? I'm at a loss as to why people think he's so good. Did anyone here go to Preston away last year? Awful performance probably one of the worst I've ever seen and admittedly he has got slightly better since then but he couldn't get much worse

4 minutes ago, James1989 said:

Andy explain to me what he does which makes him so good? I'm at a loss as to why people think he's so good. Did anyone here go to Preston away last year? Awful performance probably one of the worst I've ever seen and admittedly he has got slightly better since then but he couldn't get much worse

I went to Preston away- Christie didn't play....., was he really that bad sitting on the bench

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ah ****, apologies I knew Baird played since he went off injured and we had like 15 minutes added time,thought Christie came on for him for that- clearly not. Although I still don't remember him having a bad game, thought I'd remember him playing if he did!

I can assure you millenniumram he was shocking, you must of had your Christie tinted glasses on. Maybe you can tell me why he's so good?

11 minutes ago, James1989 said:

I can assure you millenniumram he was shocking, you must of had your Christie tinted glasses on. Maybe you can tell me why he's so good?

I don't actually hugely rate him, but he's a thoroughly competent championship defender- if fairly inconsistent. He's definately had some terrible games, Fulham away in macs last season was the worst individual performance I think I've seen from a Derby player since THAT season. But despite that he's excellent at taking on his man and is pretty defensively solid apart from a few mad blunders, as well as ordinarily being a good passer. I will say his lack of speed of thought and decision making does let him down tho and for that reason I don't totally disagree with you- imo he won't ever be a successful premier league footballer unless he improves his decisions

32 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I don't actually hugely rate him, but he's a thoroughly competent championship defender- if fairly inconsistent. He's definately had some terrible games, Fulham away in macs last season was the worst individual performance I think I've seen from a Derby player since THAT season. But despite that he's excellent at taking on his man and is pretty defensively solid apart from a few mad blunders, as well as ordinarily being a good passer. I will say his lack of speed of thought and decision making does let him down tho and for that reason I don't totally disagree with you- imo he won't ever be a successful premier league footballer unless he improves his decisions

I think he has the ability to go a lot further, and I hope it is with us

He's picking one away game? That's a pretty weird basis to indict a player, let alone an international who played fantastic when Ireland shut out and defeated the world champions, Germany. And Germany had targeted the Christie side. He earned rave eviews and it don't get harder than that. Why not choose that game? He's fine and he's not the problem with the team. The problem was addressed in the transfer window.

48 minutes ago, Ninos said:

He's picking one away game? That's a pretty weird basis to indict a player, let alone an international who played fantastic when Ireland shut out and defeated the world champions, Germany. And Germany had targeted the Christie side. He earned rave eviews and it don't get harder than that. Why not choose that game? He's fine and he's not the problem with the team. The problem was addressed in the transfer window.

Ninos if you read my post it said that this was his worst game. In my eyes at his very best he's average. Yet still nobody has told me what's his best attribute, the only thing I keep hearing is potential. No good side will touch him he even stated that himself if your read the news, he had two loan offers. Says alot really. Rave reviews? If read the papers and listen to what half the pundits say then they would have you believe ince is our star player?? Haha I actually think ince does have the potential but he definitely ain't showing it at the moment  

On 2 September 2016 at 21:09, TroyDyer said:

If he could actually put a ball in the box without taking 2 extra touches and having to check back to Ince  (who comes inside as predictable as a crooked politician), I would agree. 

Personally, if I was a half decent left back, I would relish facing those two. 

Yes and the odd thing is when he remembers he can do it and stops over thinking, he can actually cross a ball quite well. He gets pace on it and they outswing. Just needs to do it a lot more often. I've liked him from day one .. A swashbuckler apart from that terrible dip in form and confidence I. which this story probably plays a part. 

On 2 September 2016 at 19:53, Woodley Ram said:

Just read in the DT that Clement told him he was not in his plans last year and was trying to get rid of him, what a terrible thing to be told and well done to him for fighting his way back. 

I know he has his knockers but I think he does a good job and is probably one of the best attacking right backs, OK his defending can be a little hit and miss at times but he is young and learning his trade. 

I for one am glad he didn't go.

He has done very well, probably the most improved player last season? 

7 hours ago, James1989 said:

Good afternoon gentleman I had to sign up due to the ridiculous comments about Christie being "good" or even "quality"??? We have a solid back four (most of the time) but Christie in my opinion is the week link. Hes at fault for many goals and going forward he is awful. Can't cross, passes backward 99% of the time breaks up or slows down most of forward play! Hope we are all having a great weekend! Shame about the weather 

Thanks James. Great that you dropped in to share your criticism of the team with the rest of the forum.  What we really need is more objective posters like you who are not afraid to rubbish their own team.  Far too many happy-clappers who wholly unresasonably choose to actually support the side they claim to follow offering fair appraisals and other such claptrap. Who else do you not rate out of curiosity?  Perhaps we could create a 'I think (insert the player's name) is Sh1te' topic together? 

7 hours ago, 86 points said:

Thanks James. Great that you dropped in to share your criticism of the team with the rest of the forum.  What we really need is more objective posters like you who are not afraid to rubbish their own team.  Far too many happy-clappers who wholly unresasonably choose to actually support the side they claim to follow offering fair appraisals and other such claptrap. Who else do you not rate out of curiosity?  Perhaps we could create a 'I think (insert the player's name) is Sh1te' topic together? 

I agree, @86 points (notice where the comma is(hence I do not agree with86)) if Christie is crap then the vast majority of RB's in the championship are really crap, as he is one one the better ones. His attacking is good, OK crosses could be better but he is a RB not a winger. Also he will improve. I think he gets unnecessary flack, actually we can say that for most of our team. I get irritated by boos, and was told to leave it and calm down at the Brighton game (by Mrs Woodley) when I was going to speak politely with the T*****er behind me who was booing and laughing.

9 hours ago, 86 points said:

sorry 86 points i didn't realise this was a forum where you had to agree with you?? I don't sit their booing players but I'm certainly not one of those fans that sits pretending the team is playing great when it is clearly not! However why cant fans boo? They pay just the same as you do??? Some people think because they have an opinion on something everyone else should have to agree.... 

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

I agree, @86 points (notice where the comma is(hence I do not agree with86)) if Christie is crap then the vast majority of RB's in the championship are really crap, as he is one one the better ones. His attacking is good, OK crosses could be better but he is a RB not a winger. Also he will improve. I think he gets unnecessary flack, actually we can say that for most of our team. I get irritated by boos, and was told to leave it and calm down at the Brighton game (by Mrs Woodley) when I was going to speak politely with the T*****er behind me who was booing and laughing.

This is hilarious....his attacking is good yet hes only scored 1 goal for us? and set up how many? he cant cross, he loses the ball when going forward..... 

2 hours ago, James1989 said:

sorry 86 points i didn't realise this was a forum where you had to agree with you?? I don't sit their booing players but I'm certainly not one of those fans that sits pretending the team is playing great when it is clearly not! However why cant fans boo? They pay just the same as you do??? Some people think because they have an opinion on something everyone else should have to agree.... 

This is hilarious....his attacking is good yet hes only scored 1 goal for us? and set up how many? he cant cross, he loses the ball when going forward..... 

Of course I agree with me. It'd be a bit strange to do otherwise :blink: 

Also feel free to boo or not, as should everyone else. It's not my call. For my part, I'll feel free to think that those who boo the team are complete *******s. I remain unaware of any occasion where booing your own team or individual players ever improved performances on the pitch. Typically when players are short on confidence and not playing well is when they need suppport most. That said, Christie has been one of our most consistent performers in recent times, if not without fault, and in rubbishing him you come across as another entitled, whinger who feels obliged to share his moaning with the entire world. If he's barely 'average' perhaps you can name the dozen or so RBs in the championship who are better than he is? 

Also, bear in mind fella, that by your own admissionyou signed up for this site with the expressed intention of rubbishing other people's opinions on Christie which you have done throughout this thread. You've called people's comments 'ridiculous' and 'hilarious' so you should expect to get a few choice words heading back in your direction, should you not? I don't expect you to agree with me, to answer your question, but it's clear you think others should agree with you. 

That sir, is what's truly 'hilarious'.

If I may say, I feel the point of forums isnt just to get something off your chest as an entitlement. There is space here to think about you are saying, take in the point of others, find evidence and make a rounded point. Ofcourse all opinions are different, but you need to back up claims aside 'one game I saw once,he was rubbish'. It adds nothing to a debate and nothing to a forum.

It needs to be remembered that a lot of people read this forum and it can influence people's opinions. If topics are debated properly, it might work out better for all involved and alleviate some of the bad blood that's been read over the past week.

Sorry for the rant and sense of entitlement. Just something I felt needed to be said

Archived