A massive over reaction

TopRam

Over the last few weeks there has been a massive over reaction to results to transfers.

yes results haven't gone our way and we have been poor but it's very early in the season, the players are still learning a new formation and a new style, the fact that some fans are booing already and giving hope up so early on in the season is embarrassing.

the last 3 years have been a good 3 years for Derby, we've managed to build up and get closer and closer, better than mid table, yes it's ended up in disappointment but overall they've been exciting seasons, but it was time for a change, Pearson was the right man to come in. He has to be given time.

transfer market I thought went well, yes I'd of liked another striker to of come in when Martin went but Pearson clearly didn't want Martin,I think vydra and ayna are to great players and will help the squad, Hendrick had to go at that price he's been a great player but 10 million was to much to turn down, Pearson knows what he's doing, players like Martin had gone stale it was him time to go, give the manager and his team the chance to turn things round and stop over reacting! Support the team!!  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin going stale is the understatement of the year. So pleased I don't have to watch him play anymore. Now one lazy player is gone NP can hone in on ince and bent and butterfield who all need a good kick in the you know what. Blackman Russell and Camara try but they all need end product and Johnson needs confidence. but you have to think that one two or all three of Vydra Wilson and Anya will be a success for us. With the defence we have plus Bryson and Hughes we are always formidable, add the new boys and some fresh desire in a few of the others and we could be very very good, as in table topping good. Exciting times. 

And I just wonder how we looked this time last year and the year before 5 games in ? .. Not a huge difference I suspect. So all we have to do is improve as the season goes on, as we have done before and remember not to give up when Santa has been. 

The trouble is what is this formation and style the players are learning? From what I've seen I can't see any form of game plan or even basic tactics in the team so far, just hopeless punts forward and 30 yard shots over the bar! I think this is what's concerning people, and the fact that we haven't really signed much new talent hasn't really helped calm the nerves. I don't think persons an idiot, and I believe he will sort this mess out- the squads certainly capable. But at the moment I don't think there's been much of an overreaction from the more sensible fans- just the idiots already calling for persons head

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The trouble is what is this formation and style the players are learning? From what I've seen I can't see any form of game plan or even basic tactics in the team so far, just hopeless punts forward and 30 yard shots over the bar!

This is called 'timeless classic English style' .....

Still early days.

5 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

This is called 'timeless classic English style' .....

Still early days.

Haha yeah it would seem so. Like I said I'm sure Pearson will sort this out, we've seen the style of football he can create at Leicester- I think he needs to make us more fearless first and foremost

I think everyone could see we lacked pace and clinical finishing , hopefully with the 2signing we have made should be better.It will need another window to get a better balance in the squad. I think grant and martin was upsetting the dressing room and people had found martin out 25 goajs ,20 then 15. Sometimes players and teams need a new ideas. Keep the faith things will improve

58 minutes ago, TopRam said:

Over the last few weeks there has been a massive over reaction to results to transfers.

yes results haven't gone our way and we have been poor but it's very early in the season, the players are still learning a new formation and a new style, the fact that some fans are booing already and giving hope up so early on in the season is embarrassing.

the last 3 years have been a good 3 years for Derby, we've managed to build up and get closer and closer, better than mid table, yes it's ended up in disappointment but overall they've been exciting seasons, but it was time for a change, Pearson was the right man to come in. He has to be given time.

transfer market I thought went well, yes I'd of liked another striker to of come in when Martin went but Pearson clearly didn't want Martin,I think vydra and ayna are to great players and will help the squad, Hendrick had to go at that price he's been a great player but 10 million was to much to turn down, Pearson knows what he's doing, players like Martin had gone stale it was him time to go, give the manager and his team the chance to turn things round and stop over reacting! Support the team!!  

Good post Mel!

The only poster who hasn't gone over the top is Bris.

I've loved Martin, he's the best striker I've seen in a derby shirt (19 years old) it was sad to see him go but his body language said it all he just didn't seem interested. I'm not saying it'll happen but when Ince first came in he was class, scored for fun and looked happy... Martin was injured and wasn't playing.. Since he's come back he's not been the same, they don't seem to get on, Martin like we know always complains and has his mards at other players when he doesn't end up with the ball! Since Inces great start at Derby his best game was clearly his hatrick against Bristol city which Martin didn't feature! 

21 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Martin going stale is the understatement of the year. So pleased I don't have to watch him play anymore. Now one lazy player is gone NP can hone in on ince and bent and butterfield who all need a good kick in the you know what. Blackman Russell and Camara try but they all need end product and Johnson needs confidence. but you have to think that one two or all three of Vydra Wilson and Anya will be a success for us. With the defence we have plus Bryson and Hughes we are always formidable, add the new boys and some fresh desire in a few of the others and we could be very very good, as in table topping good. Exciting times. 

Formidable defence? It's the biggest weakness for me in terms of us in possession. Slow, immobile and miss out our midfield far too often. I know it's the Derby Way to always pick on the talented players, as you have here with Ince and Butterfield but the big issue in this side since the back end of last season has been the defence - Shackell especially - and Martin's inability to hold the ball or get into the box. We have solved the latter issue. But we are stuck with the same defenders so fingers crossed they are going to off load the ball quicker and allow the so-called lazy players to dictate the tempo and affect the game further up the pitch. 

Ive been to every game this season and whilst the players who keep getting singled out haven't been in good form, I think it's unfair to keep singling them out when the golden boys have been as bad or in some cases, worse. 

It is my belief that things will come together. Over time. And that might take longer than many of you can handle. I am none too pleased by our start either. But I can see the context. Far too many Rams fans (the vocal minority?) are an embarrassment in my opinion. By all means, vent on here. If it helps. But the atmosphere at the iPro is poisonous at times and can't be conducive to positive results and performances. 

We have enough talent and application in this group of players and a proven manager in charge. I will remain behind them. I just hope I'm not the only one who is accepting this job might be a longer process than we'd like. 

UTR

As usual injuries have been disruptive

thorne out for a long time when he's a class player.

forsyth getting injured again

olson injured in pre season and had to step in after forsythe injury

johnson getting injured again after playing really well in 3!different positions against carlisle

these things can't help matters. It's not an excuse but arguably Thorne, Forsyth and Johnson should be in the team

and let's not forget Weimann who Pearson said would have started at Brighton

8 minutes ago, TopRam said:

I've loved Martin, he's the best striker I've seen in a derby shirt (19 years old) it was sad to see him go but his body language said it all he just didn't seem interested. I'm not saying it'll happen but when Ince first came in he was class, scored for fun and looked happy... Martin was injured and wasn't playing.. Since he's come back he's not been the same, they don't seem to get on, Martin like we know always complains and has his mards at other players when he doesn't end up with the ball! Since Inces great start at Derby his best game was clearly his hatrick against Bristol city which Martin didn't feature! 

I agree Ince always plays better when Martin is not in the team. Now hoping that isn't just a coincidence!

1 hour ago, TopRam said:

This is all well and good for you because you're a Pearson man and there is nothing wrong with that of course.

I am not a Pearson man and I'm up to the back teeth of this it's going to take time tripe. Would this be the same kind of time not afforded to Wassall, or the same kind of time it's taken to Zenga's way of thinking to be accepted at Wolves. Zenga arrived at Molineux on the Thursday before the season started but he's still got his team scoring 7 times more league goals than us.

One league goal is pitiful, and how we've played so far isn't far short of that. Pearson may turn out to be a good appointment for the club but I think his homework on the squad he inherited (and he had plenty of time to assess it) has been inadequate.

I'll never like the bloke but I am open to be convinced he's got the qualities the club are looking for. So far the jury is still out on him for me but he needs to pull his finger out if I'm to believe in all the no nonsense claptrap I've read about him on here.

2 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Formidable defence? It's the biggest weakness for me in terms of us in possession. Slow, immobile and miss out our midfield far too often. I know it's the Derby Way to always pick on the talented players, as you have here with Ince and Butterfield but the big issue in this side since the back end of last season has been the defence - Shackell especially - and Martin's inability to hold the ball or get into the box. We have solved the latter issue. But we are stuck with the same defenders so fingers crossed they are going to off load the ball quicker and allow the so-called lazy players to dictate the tempo and affect the game further up the pitch. 

Ive been to every game this season and whilst the players who keep getting singled out haven't been in good form, I think it's unfair to keep singling them out when the golden boys have been as bad or in some cases, worse. 

It is my belief that things will come together. Over time. And that might take longer than many of you can handle. I am none too pleased by our start either. But I can see the context. Far too many Rams fans (the vocal minority?) are an embarrassment in my opinion. By all means, vent on here. If it helps. But the atmosphere at the iPro is poisonous at times and can't be conducive to positive results and performances. 

We have enough talent and application in this group of players and a proven manager in charge. I will remain behind them. I just hope I'm not the only one who is accepting this job might be a longer process than we'd like. 

UTR

I don't disagree with you that they aren't doing much IN possession and on set pieces either (that's been a running joke for a year) ... But they can defend and we aren't porous like mcclaren. This is the first time in ages where if the opposition get a corner or free kick near the box I'm not worried at all. They won't score. 

Anyway I'm not too worried I think good days are around the corner! 

6 hours ago, TopRam said:

Cool post ! 

And big time re the MOANERS in this place .. 

Jeeeez .. 

We're DCFC and we have Mel on board and we have Pearson ... ffs ... 

Get a grip you whingers .. 

Archived