A massive over reaction

TopRam

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incredible scenes from the derby faithful. What's everyone's problem???

I thought it was a sound window. We managed to get a few players off the books, and made a record signing (Vydra is brill!). CM's been **** for a year and we've become way too reliant on him anyway. We got 10 million for an academy player, and brought in Anya & Wilson - both could be quality signings. And Will is still a ram.

What did these miserable fans expect? Is Pearson not allowed to shake things up? 

What will the 'fans' reaction be when Vydra bangs in a hat-trick against Newcastle next week? 

The reason why people are upset about losing Martin is having just spent the previous years watching Earnshaw, Miller, Hulse, Ellington, Tito Villa, Porter, Kuqi, Dickov, DJ Campbell, Vaughan, Sunu, Varney, Ball, Moxey, Steve Davies, Noble, Moore, Theo Robinson, Connor Doyle, Priskin, Nathan Tyson and Sammon. There is so much dross there, not all of them but most of them. People tend to forget how many poor strikers we have had and had a serious lack of quality upfront.

17 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Haha yeah it would seem so. Like I said I'm sure Pearson will sort this out, we've seen the style of football he can create at Leicester- I think he needs to make us more fearless first and foremost

Pearson stands there looking p***d off and shaking his head most the game, I think he's been joining in the boos to be honest. The way we are playing is clearly not what he wants. You can see that from his reactions and his post match interviews. 

23 minutes ago, rynny said:

The reason why people are upset about losing Martin is having just spent the previous years watching Earnshaw, Miller, Hulse, Ellington, Tito Villa, Porter, Kuqi, Dickov, DJ Campbell, Vaughan, Sunu, Varney, Ball, Moxey, Steve Davies, Noble, Moore, Theo Robinson, Connor Doyle, Priskin, Nathan Tyson and Sammon. There is so much dross there, not all of them but most of them. People tend to forget how many poor strikers we have had and had a serious lack of quality upfront.

And yet people gave more support to Tito Villa then a striker we have who has one of the highest goal tallys in premier league history. 

10 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I thought it was a sound window. We managed to get a few players off the books, and made a record signing (Vydra is brill!). CM's been **** for a year and we've become way too reliant on him anyway. We got 10 million for an academy player, and brought in Anya & Wilson - both could be quality signings. And Will is still a ram.

What did these miserable fans expect? Is Pearson not allowed to shake things up? 

What will the 'fans' reaction be when Vydra bangs in a hat-trick against Newcastle next week? 

agree with most of what you say, dont agree that CM has been poor, but yes we became too reliant on him, i think him going liberates pearson to get the team playing how he wants.

50 minutes ago, rynny said:

I just had to google to find out what Steve Davies is doing now, a player with so much prospects now playing for Rochdale...hes only 28 should be in his prime. Very sad, it seemed to me we were just starting to see something from him when he left. We had offered him a 3 year contract too turned down for personal issues, dont know what they were but his career seems to have taken a real nosedive.

17 hours ago, TopRam said:

I've loved Martin, he's the best striker I've seen in a derby shirt (19 years old) it was sad to see him go but his body language said it all he just didn't seem interested. I'm not saying it'll happen but when Ince first came in he was class, scored for fun and looked happy... Martin was injured and wasn't playing.. Since he's come back he's not been the same, they don't seem to get on, Martin like we know always complains and has his mards at other players when he doesn't end up with the ball! Since Inces great start at Derby his best game was clearly his hatrick against Bristol city which Martin didn't feature! 

Tough between Rasiak and Martin. For me Rasiak edges it. Only just. 

10 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Very well put, we needed a shake up now let's get behind our club and see what we can achieve. 

The transfer record being broken for Vydra seems to have passed without any real recognition, thank you Uncle Mel for getting this done. Also Anya will prove to be a fantastic addition IMO. 

I fear we have become spoilt and over expectant as a group. 

I think if we are in top 8-10 in Jan Mel will splash the cash again .NP will have a much better idea of what type of player he needs but also who needs to leave.He needs to be left alone to do what he is paid to do,may be a bumpy ride but we have to trust NP and CP to get it right,bags of experience between them and with time I think they will get it right.....I hope

6 hours ago, Ramos said:

Pearson stands there looking p***d off and shaking his head most the game, I think he's been joining in the boos to be honest. The way we are playing is clearly not what he wants. You can see that from his reactions and his post match interviews. 

Yeah he hasn't really looked bothered by the boos around the stadium, seems to think they're justified. I hope over the international break he can get them play how he wants, or at least with some sort of game plan!

Just reading interview with Bryson about Anya in D e t about what a bubbly guy he is.Is this the pola opposite to CM? Is NP changing the dressing room atmosphere as well as style of play?Looks that way to me.Love CM but if the management team have spotted a problem and have acted on it I have to applaud that and support it.Always have a soft spot for the wardrobe and wish him well

6 hours ago, Ramos said:

And yet people gave more support to Tito Villa then a striker we have who has one of the highest goal tallys in premier league history. 

Because Bent has been poor for over a year now, and hasn't worked hard enough in open play to make up for it. Tito may have been rubbish,but he put in 110% every time he was on the pitch, the same of which can't be said foor Bent. Plus Tito wasn't completely anonymous outside the penalty area like Bent is.

Archived