Free agents

hintonsboots

Now the window is shut ? What happened to Tyrone Mears by the way ? We can still sign free agents. The BBC sport website are currently running a good article on a starting X1 of players unattached to clubs. I would go for Matt Flamini as a holding midfielder subject to wages. I see Anichibe is also in the BBC team along with Bendtner neither of which I rate, but junior Hoilett is also available at full back. Any thoughts ?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tyrone Mears - Wikipedia says he is in the USA, playing for Seattle at the moment.

And anyway he wasn't really good at Derby first time, as I am remembering. He ran away to Marseille.

Matt Flamini - could be a good addition.

Anichibe  - no 

Bendtner - no 

Junior Hoilett - wasn't he attacker/winger in his previous life, I always thought so.

Diego Poyet - is indeed still young defensive midfielder, maybe worth a try

I'd definately make a move for poyet, can't get my head round why West Ham have left him go he's always seemed a fairly decent prospect to me. Always rated hoilett as well, but neither of those strikers are worth it- although a move for adebayor wouldn't surprise me since he's been linked to Fulham 

25 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Diego Poyet is probably the only player I'd go for. Good player at this level, still young so we have the potential to make a large profit on him in the future, would provide cover for Thorne and wouldn't want silly wages like Flamini probably would.

Do we need cover? I'd say we need someone that can play there now.

woukdnt say no to flamini and poyet. 

Flamini could be that experienced head we so need in the team and doubt we would lose anything on poyet as he's a good young player 

http://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/vertragslosespieler

Thats a more comprehensive list. Certainly something from Football manager haha.

There are plenty of players who could fill the Def mid slot and some other who could do a job. For DM you could take:

SImao
Mohammed Sissoko
Arnold Mvuemba
Fernando Tissone
Diego Poyet
Mathieu Flamini

You could throw in Joey Obrien as a backup RB. Like i say its like football manager :lol:.

22 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

http://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/vertragslosespieler

Thats a more comprehensive list. Certainly something from Football manager haha.

There are plenty of players who could fill the Def mid slot and some other who could do a job. For DM you could take:

SImao
Mohammed Sissoko
Arnold Mvuemba
Fernando Tissone
Diego Poyet
Mathieu Flamini

You could throw in Joey Obrien as a backup RB. Like i say its like football manager :lol:.

There's some names that have fallen from grace on that list.

how on earth did Royston Drenthe ever get to play for Real Madrid??

I'd like to see us take a chance on Poyet. 

He'd be reasonable cover for Thorne, but I can't get my head round why he's been released. Excellent tackler of the ball and keeps the ball very well. 

He's not a box-to-box midfielder, though, and would need to be played in a three. 

Flamini would obviously be an excellent signing... 

54 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

Tyrone Mears - Wikipedia says he is in the USA, playing for Seattle at the moment.

And anyway he wasn't really good at Derby first time, as I am remembering. He ran away to Marseille.

Matt Flamini - could be a good addition.

Anichibe  - no 

Bendtner - no 

Junior Hoilett - wasn't he attacker/winger in his previous life, I always thought so.

Diego Poyet - is indeed still young defensive midfielder, maybe worth a try

59 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Diego Poyet is probably the only player I'd go for. Good player at this level, still young so we have the potential to make a large profit on him in the future, would provide cover for Thorne and wouldn't want silly wages like Flamini probably would.

Would Powell know him then?

If so, we may be able to bring him in on a freebie.

Archived