Free agents

hintonsboots

54 minutes ago, eustonstation said:

It's not very often that a footballer's outside interests impress me, but this certainly did. 

Good for him. Maybe he could play for us a couple of years and then buy the club when GF goes IPO!

Snap him up Mel and then get him on the board once he has helped us into the premier. This is what we are lacking a combative midfield player.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen a few who I like the look of on that site, not sure if any have been snapped up since they last updated it..?

Full Back - Joey O'Brien - Back up for Cyrus. 1 year deal.

Holding Midfield - Diego Poyet - to develop, Didi Zokora - pay to play contract until Thorne is back?, 

Final Third - Hoilett, Sessegnon, Labyad & Maiga. Though I think we have enough forwards mind.

9 hours ago, Walsall_Ram said:

Seen a few who I like the look of on that site, not sure if any have been snapped up since they last updated it..?

Full Back - Joey O'Brien - Back up for Cyrus. 1 year deal.

Holding Midfield - Diego Poyet - to develop, Didi Zokora - pay to play contract until Thorne is back?, 

Final Third - Hoilett, Sessegnon, Labyad & Maiga. Though I think we have enough forwards mind.

Given Fat Sam's affections he'd probably been in the England team if he was English.

43 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

How is it 13 years since Leon Osman was here??? 

Well, every 365 days a year passes (note that every 4 years is a leap year so add another day), after 10 X 365 days plus 3 X 366 days then you would accumulate enough days to amass the aforementioned 13 years, that's how. It's all about the orbit around the sun, but that's for another day, literally.

9 hours ago, Srg said:

Flamini signed for Palace.

Poor Palace... 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Struggle to understand why we wouldn't be in for Flamini (unless we were and we don't know it). Obvious weakness in our team and he fills that hole and is definitely good enough. Strange.

The player would NEVER drops to the championship anyway. Also his wages is way too much,  I'm glad we didn't get him. 

22 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Well, every 365 days a year passes (note that every 4 years is a leap year so add another day), after 10 X 365 days plus 3 X 366 days then you would accumulate enough days to amass the aforementioned 13 years, that's how. It's all about the orbit around the sun, but that's for another day, literally.

Ugh.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Bamba (training with us), Poyet and Hoillet all still without clubs. Keep hearing "nothing can be done until January" all three of them would add something to our squad. Big wages yes but no transfer fees, Mel?

Bamba wasn't released by Leeds until after the transfer window had shut. So he can't sign because only players that were free agents before the end of the previous transfer window can sign for a new club. (Or that's how the rules used to be and still quoted on wiki)

7 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Bamba wasn't released by Leeds until after the transfer window had shut. So he can't sign because only players that were free agents before the end of the previous transfer window can sign for a new club. (Or that's how the rules used to be and still quoted on wiki)

Shame if true, I had a read of a few newspaper articals that say he's in search of a new club and none mention that ruling, going off Pearsons interview I think we will be hearing more about it in the coming days. 

Just now, YouRams said:

Shame if true, I've had a read of a few newspaper articals that say he's in search of a new club and none mention that ruling, going off Pearsons interview I think we will be hearing more about it in the coming days. 

Probably, I know it used to be there. Maybe HITC are wrong about when he was released, it was reported on the BBC on 1st September that he had left.

Archived