Chris Weale - Signed 1 year deal

Cam the Ram

54 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

PLEASE have this guy in the net for when you play us, he drops a clanger every match!

Fair point. Let's judge him on his career then. He's a 34 year old who has played a total of 2 seasons of championship football with the rest of his time being spent in the lower leagues.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't understand it. We loan grant to stoke who'll be third choice and very unlikely to start a game apart from maybe in the cups. Then we loan weale who again will be second or third choice and be unlikely to start barring injuries and suspensions. Bizarre. But I suppose weale will be on a bit less than grant meaning saving on wages 

Just now, Derbyram1983 said:

Don't understand it. We loan grant to stoke who'll be third choice and very unlikely to start a game apart from maybe in the cups. Then we loan weale who again will be second or third choice and be unlikely to start barring injuries and suspensions. Bizarre. But I suppose weale will be on a bit less than grant meaning saving on wages 

Loan fee and wages for Grant who was second choice. Promote a younger, promising goalkeeper to our second choice, and sign old dude to clean boots unless emergency. 

Gee, many of these hostile reactions epitomise the knee-jerk nature of footy blogs.

Weale is just for reinforcements, some 'insurance' on actual playing cover (doubtful it will ever be used) but adds to coaching & Academy resources. Hardly a crisis, in its own relevant context. Some fans need to learn to adopt a perspective :huh:

Grant is experienced and accomplished and needed a change, with Derby bringing young talent through. Good luck, Lee!

I'm much more concerned that we haven't recruited a real right-back, or a hard git in midfield (I don't think Hendrick had really carved out his role, too inconsistent).

Chrissy Martin - thanks for some great memories and hard graft at DCFC to pull the team forwards from where it was 3 years ago. 99 goals speaks for itself, he has been a fantastic servant....and the possibility of getting £9m is mind-boggling!

However, Pearson *had* to break up the cycle of reliance on that style of play, and clarify what he expects from his forwards - pace, pressing, chances, goals. Surely we have enough talent to turn things around from recent ineffectual performances?

That Newcastle game is looking tasty, with all the change and recruitment at both clubs!

C O Y R

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Every goalkeeper makes mistakes. He won't be starting or even 2nd choice. Judging him on one game is a bit silly Look at some of the mistakes the best goalkeeper in the world has made. 

Last time I looked this is Chris Weale not Germany goalkeeper.. 

57 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

, if Carson got injured we have Mitchell and Weale , that's very worrying when we are playing against a lot of big strikers this season

Grant is only on loan until January roos could always be recalled too. 

Guessing weale is more of a coaching role and emergency back up

14 hours ago, Anon said:

Bringing in pointless players as allies in the dressing room is weak. I congratulated Pearson a few weeks ago for not doing this, but here we are. Don't give me this apologist guff about "we need a 3rd 'keeper as cover". We had two already and Pearson loaned them both out.

Have to say, I think this is probably the main reason he's here.

5 hours ago, Anon said:

Fair point. Let's judge him on his career then. He's a 34 year old who has played a total of 2 seasons of championship football with the rest of his time being spent in the lower leagues.

He's the guy he completely missed the ball against us because Paul Green chased it down and it went in :lol:

EDIT: I really should read the rest of the thread first…

5 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

Calm down, ladies. I understand that the timing was ****, but he's clearly on a lot less money than Grant and has plenty of experience. If he's playing for peanuts then what's the problem? 

He's Pearson's answer Saul Deeney  !!

Shockingly bad timing.

Archived