Anya - Signed 4 year deal

SuperDerbySuperRams

56 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Don't really have any out an out wingers who can get in a good cross. Most of ours are just converted wingers who like to cut in a lot, 

Hit the nail smack bang on the head.

basically my we have widemen that all want to play through the middle, the differnce between that and a proper wideman is like night and day. Especially if your a centre forward looking for service. 

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It does seem odd that we would be adding another player to play on the wing without selling first. Players that can potentially play on the wing: Ince,Weimann,Camara,Blackman, Russell and potentially Anya. That's 6 players for 2 positions. 

None of the highlighted can play as an out an out winger and the jury is still out on Razza, though he at least looks like he might fit the position if played on the left.  If we're looking at players who can get to the byline and swing a decent ball in, options are pretty scarce I'd say so I'd welcome Anya should he come.

48 minutes ago, admira said:

Our first mixed-race Scotsman since super Kevin Harper

We did have a mixed-race Welshman in Earnshaw.

Half Druid, half Oompa-Loompah.

Maybe weimann will get a a bit more time through the middle.

when we signed him my mate who's a sth at villa said that you have to play him through the middle or don't bother playing him, as he's a waste of space out wide.

have to agree with that, he's no wideman  

49 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

I'll wait to see what the fee is before passing judgement. If we've got him on the cheap that's fine, I just don't think we should kid ourselves that he's a world-beater. In 2013/14, his best Championship season, he put up 5 goals and 8 assists - that's fewer than Johnny Russell last season...

I'd rather reserve judgement to see how he plays then decide whether the fee is right. If we find it's £2m and he's rubbish then it's a waste of money but on the other hand if we pay £5m and he proves to be another well-fitting piece in the jigsaw then it will have been a bargain.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'd rather reserve judgement to see how he plays then decide whether the fee is right. If we find it's £2m and he's rubbish then it's a waste of money but on the other hand if we pay £5m and he proves to be another well-fitting piece in the jigsaw then it will have been a bargain.

Obviously, but it's fair enough to pass some judgement about the fee now surely? I'm not going to rant about it... I just think £2-3m is about right, maybe £4m considering you're paying for his versatility. Any more would be an overpayment imo (considering we're in potential FFP danger) but I'll still judge the player based on his performances for the club rather than the fee paid.

44 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Maybe weimann will get a a bit more time through the middle.

when we signed him my mate who's a sth at villa said that you have to play him through the middle or don't bother playing him, as he's a waste of space out wide.

have to agree with that, he's no wideman  

No Weimann,  no wide.....

No weimann noo wide.....

Just needs a tune......:thumbsup:

Archived