Gboly Ariyibi - Joined Fawaz's Circus

Carnero

11:51

ARIYIBI BID TURNED DOWN

Chesterfield have rejected an £800,000 bid from Brentford for winger Gboly Ariyibi, according to Sky sources.

We understand Barnsley have also made bids, Derby have made an enquiry and there is interest too from Crystal Palace and Sheffield Wednesday.

---

Not one I've heard of personally though i'm sure @Carl Sagan will be able to brief you all :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Looked really good against us pre season.

Fast direct,decent delivery.

Gave Fozzy a torrid time first half though he got to grips with him in the second half.

I defer to conehead John! Very very quick. Does he track back enough and work hard for the team? Like all wingers he's inconsistent, but it kind of comes with the territory...

Young American from Saints academy originally.

12 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I defer to conehead John! Very very quick. Does he track back enough and work hard for the team? Like all wingers he's inconsistent, but it kind of comes with the territory...

Young American from Saints academy originally.

I honestly can't remember re-the tracking back.

But me and my lad both said at the time that he would be a good signing if we were/are going to play with wingers.

27 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Depends on who you believe, but Kodjia is probably the most concrete, followed by James Chester.

and Me of course .. but I have retired from competitive football to spend more time with my family. I wished myself well and thanked myself for years of service to the game and to the local Porsche dealer

ARIYIBI ASKS TO LEAVE

Chesterfield winger Gboly Ariyibi has handed in a transfer request, according to Sky sources.

The Spireites have previously rejected an £800,000 bid from Brentford for Ariyibi.

We understand Barnsley have also made bids, Derby have made an enquiry and there is interest too from Crystal Palace and Sheffield Wednesday.

22 minutes ago, mikeyoung said:

ARIYIBI ASKS TO LEAVE

Chesterfield winger Gboly Ariyibi has handed in a transfer request, according to Sky sources.

The Spireites have previously rejected an £800,000 bid from Brentford for Ariyibi.

Brentford are favourites but twitter is saying Derby is the players preferred choice(good old twitter)!

14:07

Despite suggestions in north Derbyshire, we understand that Derby County won't be the destination of Chesterfield winger Gboly Ariyibi.

He's reportedly handed in a transfer request amid interest from Brentford, and while Derby might have had a look before, they've already moved on.

... Moved on to who I wonder?

1 minute ago, admira said:

14:07

Despite suggestions in north Derbyshire, we understand that Derby County won't be the destination of Chesterfield winger Gboly Ariyibi.

He's reportedly handed in a transfer request amid interest from Brentford, and while Derby might have had a look before, they've already moved on.

... Moved on to who I wonder?

Moved on to another player who villa wil no doubt announce the signing of this afternoon.

Archived