Lewis Grabban.

Seth's left foot

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Forget all the off field stuff. Martin is alot better than grabban.... if we sell martin and buy grabban.... we riot

I guess Pearson's thinking is that he wants a runner, somebody who will run the channels in that "complete forward" type role, instead of Martin is more of a stationary player that you can play off of. 

The flaw in that thinking is that Grabban needs to be able to score with his feet from 6 yards before he can be considered a "complete forward", and Afobe would make infinite more sense if looking for that type of player. 

You'd be swapping a player who has had one good season in this division in his career for one who has done the business for you for three seasons in a row (even if the third was a lot more mediocre). 

Let's stick with Chris if the only available option is Grabban.  I don't see him as any kind of an 'upgrade' and of the two I'd think Chris is more likely to for a decent partnership with Vydra. No idea why so many seem so keen to get Chris out the door if I'm honest.  

8 hours ago, 86 points said:

Let's stick with Chris if the only available option is Grabban.  I don't see him as any kind of an 'upgrade' and of the two I'd think Chris is more likely to for a decent partnership with Vydra. No idea why so many seem so keen to get Chris out the door if I'm honest.  

I agree. Kodija might have been an upgrade on Chris Martin, but Lewis Grabban certainly isn't - 1 goal in the whole of last season is pretty shocking!  I'd stick with Chris Martin, give him til January to see if he can build a partnership with Vydra.  If he can't, then let's see who's available in January.  We've also got the option of playing James Wilson or Andreas Weimann.

12 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

I'd prefer syphilis to Grabban.

Actually that is a lie, but only because we've got no strikers.

I'd be delighted if we signed Chris Martin actually, he probably needs a change of scenery, shades of Grant Holt about him post-Norwich. :thumbsup:

Currently finding it funny that Derby fans are critical of Martin's demeanor and moaning on the pitch, but are debating the merits of signing the moodiest sulkiest ******* in professional football. I'd rate him 2/10 for loyalty in top trumps. And not just with us, but wherever he has been. 

I'm guessing you don't rate him then?

Just now, coneheadjohn said:

Take a look at @FL92Transfer's Tweet:

Probably rubbish but there you go.

This is one of the main accounts that literally tweets about every club being linked with every player so it actually gets some right from time to time, which then some people end up believing the account as gospel. If this turns out to be true, it was a lucky guess by that account. 

Archived