Lewis Grabban.

Seth's left foot

7 hours ago, Kernow said:

That's harsh. He's got a decent scoring record at this level. 80 games, 34 goals. Just shy of 1 in 2. Compare that to Russell's record of around 1 in 6 and I'd hardly say he looks like Messi or Ronaldo. Are you happy with the signing of Vydra? His record at this level is worse than Grabban's. Even when you take away his 3 goals in 31 games at Reading, he still has 36 goals in 83 games.

And neither of them with the scoring record of Chris Martin who we are inexplicably likely to sell to a rival. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Not for me Mr Pearson, improve the team you said, he will not 

Okay Nostradamus. 

What's so wrong with trusting the manager to know what sort of player he wants? Seems to me he wants a big striker who is more mobile than Martin. If that's the case then Grabban can hold the ball up, can win aerial battles and is much more mobile than Martin. 

If he comes and by May he has been dog-**** then have a good moan but until then why not give him a chance?

36 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Okay Nostradamus. 

What's so wrong with trusting the manager to know what sort of player he wants? Seems to me he wants a big striker who is more mobile than Martin. If that's the case then Grabban can hold the ball up, can win aerial battles and is much more mobile than Martin. 

If he comes and by May he has been dog-**** then have a good moan but until then why not give him a chance?

That is so much more polite than my other half calls me, but most of them are unprintable. 

We can all have our opinions, I have always said we need to change the way we play and even though Martin has been good for us he dictates our style of play. 

I don't think Grabban is as good as Martin. If he isn't and my opinion ( as a non football manager I hasten to add)  is he isn't then I don't think he will strengthen the team. If he doesn't then we should look for someone that does. 

We have a history of bringing in crud for big money, Grabban will cost big money, experiment when you are bringing in someone on the cheap or a free but not for £6m+ .

by the way,I  see men in red shirts crying and woolly beasts bleating in triumph ........sorry the vision has gone ( must be the drugs)

4 minutes ago, TheRamsAreGoingUp said:

**** it sign anyone, surely better than Blackman and bent 

Whilst I do not rate Blackman at all and bent has basically had his day but you do need to bring players in that upgrade the team and I do not see it with this player

4 hours ago, admira said:

And neither of them with the scoring record of Chris Martin who we are inexplicably likely to sell to a rival. 

Actually Grabban's goals per game at this level is exactly the same as Martin's. 

Shows how long Martins been out of form. Both 1 goal every 2.3 games. There was a time Martin was a goal every 1.7 or so. 

4 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

That is so much more polite than my other half calls me, but most of them are unprintable. 

We can all have our opinions, I have always said we need to change the way we play and even though Martin has been good for us he dictates our style of play. 

I don't think Grabban is as good as Martin. If he isn't and my opinion ( as a non football manager I hasten to add)  is he isn't then I don't think he will strengthen the team. If he doesn't then we should look for someone that does. 

We have a history of bringing in crud for big money, Grabban will cost big money, experiment when you are bringing in someone on the cheap or a free but not for £6m+ .

by the way,I  see men in red shirts crying and woolly beasts bleating in triumph ........sorry the vision has gone ( must be the drugs)

My point is that he probably deserves to at least play for us before we decide he's not good enough ha

In the season where Grabban scored 12 goals for us he scored just 1 goal in four months, the months of October, November, December, and January. That was 1 goal in 18 games, mostly starts. 

Could argue that 12 goals is a decent return when sharing game time with two other good strikers (Jerome and Hooper), but he actually had a much poorer goals per minutes ratio than either of those, and was also outscored by Bradley Johnson.

Whoever said he was a League 1 striker is being a bit harsh. In terms of ability he'd be alright as a squad player as long as you are prepared for long periods of poor form, but realistically he's a £2.5m to £3m striker even in this inflated market. Which incidentally is what we paid for him.

I was just completely shocked when we managed to get £8m for him, even in these crazy crazy times. Then we went and squandered the lot on Steven Naismith, who would probably be a decent player if he could motivate himself to play for us (has just strutted around thinking he is too good for us, but has unfortunately provided no evidence whatsoever of that in public while wearing our shirt).

13 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

In the season where Grabban scored 12 goals for us he scored just 1 goal in four months, the months of October, November, December, and January. That was 1 goal in 18 games, mostly starts. 

Could argue that 12 goals is a decent return when sharing game time with two other good strikers (Jerome and Hooper), but he actually had a much poorer goals per minutes ratio than either of those, and was also outscored by Bradley Johnson.

Whoever said he was a League 1 striker is being a bit harsh. In terms of ability he'd be alright as a squad player as long as you are prepared for long periods of poor form, but realistically he's a £2.5m to £3m striker even in this inflated market. Which incidentally is what we paid for him.

I was just completely shocked when we managed to get £8m for him, even in these crazy crazy times. Then we went and squandered the lot on Steven Naismith, who would probably be a decent player if he could motivate himself to play for us (has just strutted around thinking he is too good for us, but has unfortunately provided no evidence whatsoever of that in public while wearing our shirt).

Hi it was me, but all that is pretty much what I meant 

Archived