Shaun Barker

Tombo

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NC said very positive things about Derby's quality and the manager after the game, he made no digs about effort or investment, he was just very proud of BAFC.

On the Barker thing, I'd like to think he was giving both sets of supporters (who he clearly has much affection for) the chance to show appreciation for a brilliant servant whilst at the same time increasing his chances of defending a 1-0 lead. 

That's how I read it anyway..

I think there's some people on here looking for insults where there are none to be found. 

Clough brought on a defender to help see out the game. He may not have played for 4 years but there was no doubt he could still do the job. Absolutely delighted for Bark's, he really deserves it and I'm pretty sure it won't bee the last we've seen of him this season in a Burton shirt.

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 07:23, davenportram said:

Shame on those of you soiling the return of Shaun Barker to championship action with petty speculation and snide remarks.

The sausagetishness of some members on here is shocking and pangs of sour grapes

Was good to see him back, think everyone agrees with that.

As for Nigel's motives, not sure it has to be an 'either or' debate that polarises opinion so much...

If my missus dumped me then I wouldn't start dating another woman just to annoy her! It would be something I would be doing for me and for good reasons. However...if I went somewhere I knew I may bump into her...would I make sure the new companion got a run-out and was looking her very best.....? 

What I think is brilliant is that even those that thought he might make it back to first team football, most thought it was right to release him (myself included) as he wouldn't be likely to be able to play at a championship level again, and he would most likely play out his days for a season or two more on a pay as you play contract in league 1 or 2. Lo and behold, he did sign for a league 1 club, but look at him now, doing a job in the championship. Maybe we should have kept him after all. Barker or Pearce?

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 10:10, TigerTedd said:

What I think is brilliant is that even those that thought he might make it back to first team football, most thought it was right to release him (myself included) as he wouldn't be likely to be able to play at a championship level again, and he would most likely play out his days for a season or two more on a pay as you play contract in league 1 or 2. Lo and behold, he did sign for a league 1 club, but look at him now, doing a job in the championship. Maybe we should have kept him after all. Barker or Pearce?

Barker has the same intrinsic quality has good old Bucko.

It's called character.

It can't be coached or bought.

And is exactly what this Derby side now so glaringly lack.

Archived