Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

TheTipSyndicate‏@TheTipSyndicate

Matej Vydra is currently having a medical at @dcfcofficial. If all goes well, should be announced later today. #dcfc #wfc

John Percy tweeting this too says the fee is 7 to 8  million.

4 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Not bad, not bad.

He needs a strike partner though... can Martin be that guy? 

Also, I'd hope that this signing means that we're selling one of our winger/striker types - Blackman ideally, hopefully Bent as well.

Most fans would say yes, but Pearson persists in isolating Martin and only playing two up front when he isn't on the pitch. Martin is not a Pearson player, smacks of how Idiakez was hounded out by Billy...

£7-8mil is fine. It's the going rate and he can score goals at this level. I'd personally rather have Vydra for 7 than Kodjia for 10. If Wells and Vydra were the same price it would be a harder question. The fee obviously won't be a one up lump sum, no fee really is. A couple million of that will likely be dependent on goals scored and/or promotion. If he meets any requirements for additional money then he'll be worth every penny so not really worth worrying about that.

Looking forward to seeing how he fits in and hopefully he can get our season going after the intl break.

Just now, Sparkle said:

Very good player but he needs to play next to a clever bigger forward, are we going to do this? 

I hope so. Martin and Vydra could form a quality partnership if they're on each others wavelengths, Martin dropping deep like he normally does leaving space for Vydra to run through like he did at Watford. I just hope he isn't brought in to be a lone forward because he doesn't seem up to it judging by Watford fan's opinions.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Good. That'll be a monkey off Bradley Johnson's back!

And it'll now be on Vydra's back, the poor bloke. The first game he doesn't score we'll have the experts on here making threads, "Why did we sign Vydra, it's clear he doesn't fit our system." 

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

And it'll now be on Vydra's back, the poor bloke. The first game he doesn't score we'll have the experts on here making threads, "Why did we sign Vydra, it's clear he doesn't fit our system." 

Never thought of that! Maybe he's got a tough skin, as well as pace and a good finish. 

Archived