Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If we are spending near 10 million on strikers in England, what the bloody hell has Mo Camara achieved as head European scout, or whatever his title is?

I would love to know what goes on inside the war room/transfer discussion room.

Camara: Mel/Sam, I've seen this player in Russia, top striker, scores bags full of goals, named Juri Whodyanickabollocov, he would be perfect.

Mel/Sam: How much?

Camara: we could get him for 2 mil if we are quick

Mel/Sam: Does he like Yorkshire Puddings?

Camara: No he likes sprouts though

Mel/Sam: not good enough, get up to Uddersfield and don't come back till you find a player who likes Yorkshire Puddings, money is no object.

I reckon it goes somet like that.

Signed his nephew, Abdoul Camara... :ph34r: 

Suppose he's also responsible for Elsnik and Jakobsen and Ravas and such in the U23s.

We have to face it, our scouting and recruitment is pants. Utter dogshit. Even if we go up this season I fear for our survival with this recruitment team. Which is odd because Rush came in saying that he wanted our recruitment to be top notch and Mel came in saying he wanted to improve the facilities and produce our own talent.

Yet we're linked with the same lot every year and we've made one signing this summer. And as good as he may turn out to be, Wilson is hardly the most creative suggestion. We need strikers so we take one from Manchester United and bid a club record amount (reportedly) for a player that was good 4 years ago.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

They will be well under FFP. Relegated clubs have a far bigger FFP allowance and their parachute payments count towards their profits. Newcastle also have a big turnover. I had a quick look a few weeks ago and it appears that they can spend something like £70m more than us this season and still be within their limit.

FFP is designed to help the larger clubs.

They can make a £70 million loss whilst still being within ffp. Plus they get parachute payments, they sold players for big amounts of money, they have the biggest fanbase in the Championship and they usually make a profit with Ashley in charge (might change this year).

Even if they did breach financial fair play it doesn't really matter - they can just do a qpr or a Bournemouth and get promoted anyway and then pay the fine with the new  riches from the Premier League. (Preferably they would just do a Forest - fail to do anything and get transfer embargoed)

Again, don't take any notice of these Twitter accounts. If they were real, they would write articles on stories in order to earn money. Why would they give away free information? Think about it.

If it's a journalist he will either do a brief update, or send a link to an article written by themselves or their editorial.

FL92Transfer is some made up account probably by a kid just enjoying his school holidays or somebody out of work and with far too much time on their hands.

Again. Unless it's from a journalist (doing an update or building attention ahead of a potential article) or a tweet providing a link, take absoloutely no notice of it because it's 99.9% pure made up rubbish.

5 hours ago, Anon said:

Add Manager

Nottingham Forest

Sign Blackman for 20 million

Resign

Save

forest have 20m?

I just add them and buy Assomabiblonga for 10k :lol:

And then proceed to flog all their main players for peanuts.. whilst putting on a fake Fawaz accent and smoking a fag.

2 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

@MACKWORTHRAM please so we are in for more players because what we witnessed tonight was shocking

I really dont know. I havent heard a thing. 

Id really hope we get at least 4 in. But I dont know. 

RB, Winger, Striker and a tough CM. 

Then id sell anyone and I mean anyone. Theres not one player id happily keep here. 

Russell and Martin would be first out. 

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I really dont know. I havent heard a thing. 

Id really hope we get at least 4 in. But I dont know. 

RB, Winger, Striker and a tough CM. 

Then id sell anyone and I mean anyone. Theres not one player id happily keep here. 

Russell and Martin would be first out. 

Can you go give Mel a note from me and ask what the hell is going on? 

PistoldPete2
27 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Yay, another striker which Pearson will expect the back 4 to hoof and expect miracles!

Agreed ... Our strikers can't hit a barn door at the moment, but we are not giving them any kind of service. 

Archived