Owen Bradley

Mafiabob

36 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Thats like saying that those bullied because they choose to dress in a certain way shouldng dress that way. You can't say to someone its their own fault they get abused.

I didn't say its his own fault. My post was meant as a dig at the twitter trolls who dish out this tripe.

What I was trying to say is a regular twitter user shouldn't really be surprised or upset by the vitriol as its a commonplace occurrence.

Owen did not, and does not, deserve any abuse whatsoever.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have criticised OB myself, or rather the coverage, but not in an abusive way.  It's not his decision to broadcast about Burton, he's not the decision maker there. I don't like that there is half a show talking about something I'm not interested in now. I feel about Burton the same as I feel about Notts County, or Stoke for instance. I don't want to hear Nigel Clough. I've voiced that. It was not that bad when they were in lower leagues. 

But some Derby fans now make me sad, they really are a bunch of childish idiots who are ruining the match days for decent people, in the ground and on Twitter. Last night a young woman with a child of 6 sat behind me and moaned incessantly, shouting abuse at the players and using bad language, which didn't offend me but - but in front of her 6 year old??? She talked utter garbage too. 

Anyway, I digress. Come back Owen, you put your head above the parapet and you got shot at. Ignore them, they are not all Rams fans. 

He does. I seen him in a terrible jumper once. 

He wants flushing right out for that ****.

If you seen him wearing that in the street you'd either chuck him change or a grenade. 

You gotta get tough on these people 

35 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I don't think Twitter is to blame. There are millions of decent people using it. That's like saying people who go into pubs deserve to be glassed cos there is a small minority of pub-goers that like to attack people.

Or that's like saying ethnic people deserve to be racially abused in a place where there has previously been racism.

Both crass examples I know, but relative.

As for Owen Bradley, he's always took excessive abuse on the chin, and with good grace. He's had stick on this forum and stood up for himself, perhaps when he didn't really need to. I think he deserves a lot more respect. He's a lot more professional than he gets credit for, and from what I can see, works quite hard. I wouldn't want his job.

I hope he's just f*cked twitter off cos he cannot be arsed, I hope he's not too stressed by it though, not sure he deserves any abuse whatsoever.

I do think Twitter should do more to protect users though. I read the story of the black woman (name escapes me) who is in the Ghostbusters movie, some of what she received actually made me feel uneasy that people want to hurt people for no reason.

By that logic she shouldn't have been on Twitter for people to abuse her to start with considering her racist tweets against white people over the years.

Twitter does quite a bit to protect people from abuse really, as long as you don't commit wrongthink and have views Twitter doesn't agree with. Then it's open season.

Sith Happens

People post abuse because they are so brave when they can hide behind the internet. Why should anyone expect abuse? 

People should be made to register using a credit card as proof of identity, that way easier to track them down.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

People should be made to register using a credit card as proof of identity, that way easier to track them down.

I like that idea. Everyone put your credit card details in your profiles please.....don't forget the 3 digits on the back of the card ?

I don't know why some people were getting upset to OB about the Burton match being chosen over the Derby game.  Derby v Carlisle was still broadcast in full on FM, it's only DAB and MW that had the Burton match on.  Some people get upset over nothing!  Personally, I think OB does a fantastic job, as do Ed and Craig.  I really enjoy the Radio Derby coverage, you should hear some of the other local radio stations and how dire their coverage is!

5 minutes ago, David said:

I like that idea. Everyone put your credit card details in your profiles please.....don't forget the 3 digits on the back of the card ?

Daveo is bringing that in for the forum (and looking at property abroad). 

Last night made me question what is the point of going to the football. Yes, I love football and am passionate about DCFC but it was just horrendous, and I'm not talking about the football.

I like to do some iPro Stadium tourism for those sort of games so sat in the West Upper. Never again. People around me were abusing and booing from kick off. At half time, one bloke was booing before the whistle had even gone. Then, when they came back out for the second half, he booed them back on!! It shouldn't need me to glare at someone for them to know they're being an idiot.

Couple that with people "in the know" about Martin going to Wolves, Hendrick going to Palace, etc, etc, and the shocking performance, it was horrible.

That, in addition to all the abuse @OwenB87 was getting, it's just pathetic, it's like being associated with a load of spoilt children who think they're entitled to whatever they want just because we went to Wembley unexpectedly three years ago. Get over it, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all ffs. Owen - take a break, then get back on Twitter, show everyone the abusive messages if you get any and they will soon shut up. Or just block the ******!

The only positive last night was the South Stand. They sang all game, supported the team and were a credit to the club. Anyone see how relieved and quick Nigel Pearson was to acknowledge them? Must be the first time he's felt welcomed by the fans since joining.

I'll be over it in a few days, but last night was just crap.

I'd like to defend our fans but when you boo an hour into the new season... That's not normal? Surely not. It's a new low. 

Alright having a whinge on here. This is a pub with your mates. It's for fans to share opinions and gossip. If players etc come reading this then they have to be prepared for someone to hate on them. 

But at a match we're supposed to help each other. The players play and we try to lift them, get the adrenaline pumping. 

It'll soon get to the stage, or maybe we've been there a while, where they don't really like us and we're not getting bang for our bucks. 

One of us has to be the bigger man. Or the club loses. And it's the fans that get hurt most. So maybe people should suck it up. 

Who wasn't fuming at HT on Saturday? Yet how come some of us can keep our mouths shut? How come some of us don't want to call Martin a cnut. Are the real hardcore 'Derby til I die' element just too passionate? I'd love to know where they think this road leads. 

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

One of us has to be the bigger man. Or the club loses. And it's the fans that get hurt most. So maybe people should suck it up. 

I agree that something has to give, and it's logical that it's easier for the fans to change their performance than it is the players.

All this is a result of the 13/14 season combined with Mel's money. Expectations have risen beyond realistic targets, false sense of entitlement has set in.

£25m spent last summer and some seem oblivious as to what that did to this squad and demanding more this summer, why are we not competing with Newcastle for every signing, why can Villa spend £12m on McCormack and not us. 

It is sad to see.

I saw a Pearson out tweet last night, first one, think that was something Owen retweeted. Madness.

Is that where we are now? 6 games is all you get?

We maybe need a couple of seasons of mid table football again, wasn't half as bad whilst Clough was here. 

The Burton thing was ridiculous last night, I confess to having absolutely zero interested in Burton, you couldn't find anyone that cares less about Burton than I do, although I'm fully aware of the RD coverage area, how are people still questioning it after all these years?

Load of testicles we couldn't listen online tho, what's that all about? Grrrr

We've (Derby fans) become greedy, selfish and wrapped up in our own self importance and it's really time to take it down a notch or two.

Forest fans under Billy Davies first tenure at the club. That's what we have become. Embarrassing.

2 hours ago, DRBee said:

Pathetic to absolve twitter trolls of responsibility in this way.

They absolved themselves from intelligence the moment they joined.

Archived