Derby County vs Aston Villa

Carl Sagan

Villa started to become a holiday resort for players some years ago - come for stupid money, no need to earn it - and Bent soon cottoned onto it all. 

I remember having a disagreement on faecesbook with another villa fan who said he was extremely hard working. So I just grabbed the latest game I'd had recorded and video'd a couple of parts of it to prove my point. One counter attack from a corner saw Bent stood on the halfway line and by the time the ball was in the box at the other end of the pitch, everyone except the back 4 had run past him.

The bloke infuriates me like I cannot explain! 

Speaking of ******, it now seems Lescott got confused by having a meeting with the Rangers' manager in Manchester and didn't realise he'd have to play in Scotland. That, apparently, is too far from his family. 

You'd think the thick ******* would have used his super-smart phone to Google "Glasgow" before everyone agreed terms huh? 

Waste of skin he is. 

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off topic slightly as I know you have a separate thread for the manager but Nigel Pearson was one of (in fact I think THE) favourite in our polls to be the next manager. We just knew that thus club needed someone with a bit of spine to kick our hopeless bunch of losers square in the plums and sort them out. So we'll be watching your season with interest. Especially if Di Matteo faulters after we've spent close to £40m. 

9 minutes ago, Trotters said:

I remember having a disagreement on faecesbook with another villa fan who said he was extremely hard working. So I just grabbed the latest game I'd had recorded and video'd a couple of parts of it to prove my point. One counter attack from a corner saw Bent stood on the halfway line and by the time the ball was in the box at the other end of the pitch, everyone except the back 4 had run past him.

You might be interested to learn that Radio Derby did a similar in depth analysis on his performance against Brentford last season and found that he touched the ball 6 times in his 60 minutes on the pitch.

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Jedinak won't be available for tomorrow's game as his visa has been delayed..

I thought that too but Sky Sports said that Jedinak is in line to make his debut against us tomorrow :huh: Then again they're not the most reliable these days, their news is about day behind the local sources.

On the Bent topic, I have a nagging feeling he'll be on the pitch at some point as Pearson might fancy the "against his old club" factor. 

Even in his england days i didn't particularly rate him, or rather, id have more confidence in Defoe nicking a goal any day of the week. 

I wasn't particularly excited when hecame on loan. Why we give him a 3 year contract i do not know. However, he is here, and I dearly hope he finds a useful role this season. But then, I hope any and every player who pulls on a derby shirt becomes blessed with pace, touch, vision, killer instinct, leadership and griws about 3". I am often disappoint. 

1 hour ago, Anon said:

You might be interested to learn that Radio Derby did a similar in depth analysis on his performance against Brentford last season and found that he touched the ball 6 times in his 60 minutes on the pitch.

12, WhoScored hadn't updated.

Although two of those were kick-offs…

15 hours ago, Trotters said:

Weimann on the other hand is a different kettle of fish and never left pitch in a state other than completely knackered. The lad gave his all. Bit of a headless chicken, for sure, but you could never ever fault his efforts. Not sure where you play him but for some bizarre reason our manager had him playing out on the right wing. Pointless. As an out-and-out striker, he's handy.

Good luck. I'd be happy enough with a draw!

So glad you came on here and said that, because half a dozen Villa lads had told me virtually the same as that. just don't understand the ridicule of Weimann when he's barely had a chance in a central role.

Good luck to you too fella, after Saturday of course.

Just seen in my 'pre match email' :whistle: that the collectors tomorrow for charity are the Guide Dogs Derbyshire. I love seeing the great work that goes into training one of these intelligent animals and how they can give someone their confidence and independence back so, although i'm not in any way shape or form connected to the charity I just want to wish them well tomorrow as well as County of course and I shall be chucking a few quid in the buckets.

1 minute ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Just seen in my 'pre match email' :whistle: that the collectors tomorrow for charity are the Guide Dogs Derbyshire. I love seeing the great work that goes into training one of these intelligent animals and how they can give someone their confidence and independence back so, although i'm not in any way shape or form connected to the charity I just want to wish them well tomorrow as well as County of course and I shall be chucking a few quid in the buckets.

Good to see a local charity collecting. 

3 hours ago, peachmyster said:

Off topic but why have the match day threads moved to here it was better when they were all together just saying 

I've done my best to make it easy to find from the title! The early season ones were a bit of a mystery...

The justification was apparently (and I probably agree) that most posters didn't tend to look in the match thread section and just posted their proposed lineups etc here in the main board. So we might end up with half a dozen threads about the game in Rams Talk , a couple of which were longer than the official match thread in another part of the site. This way it keeps the dscussion more focused.

19 hours ago, Trotters said:

Hello All,

Villa fan here (for my sins).

Was just looking at your thread on Bent & Weimann and the OP got flamed a bit but I think if you ask any Villa fan their opinion on Bent you'll get a similar response. In his time with us, I called him housebrick...because if you stuck one of those on the penalty spot, sooner or later, the ball will bounce off it and go in. He saved our sorry arses at the tail end of one season so we have that to be grateful for but as a general rule, when he's on the pitch, you're down to ten men. And the longer you have him, the lazier he gets.

Weimann on the other hand is a different kettle of fish and never left pitch in a state other than completely knackered. The lad gave his all. Bit of a headless chicken, for sure, but you could never ever fault his efforts. Not sure where you play him but for some bizarre reason our manager had him playing out on the right wing. Pointless. As an out-and-out striker, he's handy.

So, if they are both fit and due to play, please use Darren Bent :)

A new league for us as I'm sure you're all aware and we've heard all the nightmares about how brutal it is. And there've been no shortage of head clashes, stitches and blood spilt so far - cracking stuff! One thing that I think most Villa fans didn't consider when we were relegated was the quality of the officials...honestly the refs and linesman are shockingly bad!

I digress...

Had our previous owner not managed to offload us to a Chinese bloke who seems a bit bat-**** crazy and happy to splash the cash, then we were absolutely nailed on to be relegated again. I cannot explain to you how absolute **** this side was, how demoralised it was and how many poisonous characters there were in the changing room - and Rangers fans think they've signed a hell of a player in Lescott! PMSL. The bloke is a total cock-spank. The club was rotten to the core in a way that's hard to even comprehend.

But we've somehow managed to offload most of the dross (on and off the pitch) and it's been probably the most memorable transfer window in memory (and it ain't over yet!). We've managed to get some very decent players with a fair bit of experience of this league (which from everything we hear is the be-all end-all). I don't think Jedi will be cleared to play this weekend so that's disappointing from our perspective as our midfield is a bit soft and like the tippy tappy sideways passing and the rest will take time to "gel" as they say so this game could go either way.

We all thought we'd "clicked" last weekend and it'd be all smiles from here but it seems Rotherham are relegation fodder. I think we deserved to beat Huddersfield over the course of 90 minutes (although we do tend to tire massively in the last 20 or so) but how do you legislate for spawny goals like their equaliser? :blink:

If you're going to win, you'll have to target our fullbacks who are pretty gash. Hutton it seems has been dropped for Bacuna but despite his last couple of games being decent, he's not all that and the cover in front of him is usually non-existant. Our best left back is Amavi who was superb before suffering a long term injury so he's as rusty as they come. Whether he'll start ahead of Cissokho is anyones guess but either way, the full back spots are our weakness.

That and, it would seem, our fitness levels. Maybe Championship players are a lot fitter due to the longer season but we do tend to tire half way into the 2nd half. 

On the flip-side, Jordan Ayew seems to be ripping opposition teams apart for fun, we've our new striker who is a bit good at this level and Grealish is just starting to get his head on right so your lot could have your hands full.

Anyway, that's the view with Claret & Blue specs on.

Good luck. I'd be happy enough with a draw!

Trotters
http://www.bellsareringing.forumotion.com

Cheers Trotters - nice to have 'guests' who are informative, balanced and write well.  One question though, are you Rodney or Delboy and if you're from Peckham how come you're a Villa fan?

I'm a fair throw from Peckham mate. About 12,000 miles! 

Troy got typo'd to Trot on a forum years ago and....well, there you go!

Grew up near Lichfield and all the family are Villa (except the missus who's a bluenose) so that's my connection to Villa.

Going back to the match, we still have no idea if Jedinak is playing. Seems the Birmingham Mail only part quoted Di Matteo and it seems the original question was whether he was fit to play rather than if he had clearance to. 

I guess we'll find out when a beard with legs runs onto the pitch. 

I expect our line up will be something like:

----------------------Gollini----------------

Bacuna---Chester--Elphick--Cissokho

--------Westwood------Tshibola---------

Green----------Grealish------Ayew----

-----------Gestede or McCormack

Gestede was ok against Rotherham and if your defence struggles with the ball in the air then he's the obvious choice. If you can't handle the ball with pace on the deck then McCormack will probably get the nod. 

We had all our strike force on against Huddersfield but our midfield is just too soft to do that which is why we were over-ran in the last 20 mins. If Jedinak DOES start then he'll replace Westwood and we'll throw the kitchen sink at you. 

14 hours ago, admira said:

I'm starting to get excited about hopping on the train from Ipswich tomorrow, inserting my season ticket back in the turnstile and catching up with the people who sit around me.

Couldn't make the first game due to my Mother passing away so I am chomping at the bit to be singing my heart out in the South Stand once more.  COYR

Sorry to hear about your mum mate.  Hope the boys smash it for your both. 

Oh....and Holloway is a douche. Tipped us to finish 16th a couple of weeks back but now he's picking us to beat you?  He either really REALLY hates your lot (cuz he despises the Villa), he's mentally challenged or just an attention whore*

* says the bloke on someone else's forum :)

If any of you care to wonder over to my gaff and give a broader villa audience your thoughts, you'll be warmly welcomed and your opinions on Derby, this league, etc will be received in the same vein mine have on here. 

Many thanks and good luck!!!!

Trotters.

http://bellsareringing.forumotion.com

Archived