Derby County vs Aston Villa

Carl Sagan

46 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That's a decent team. I'd go for the same team as it gets Hughes further forward. Camara to come on as sub in the last 20 minutes and cause mayhem like against Preston

With you on that, and the subs can all contribute without losing any cohesion if needed but I think he may go the same as Preston 

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Johnson instead of Baird. He's better in the air, ground and sea!

Possibly if he was on the top of his game and not in his boots as at present, that said if Baird was there just to be a advanced centre half he would be very useful.

Carson

Christie        Keogh         Shackell        Forsyth

Hughes

Ince            Hendrick1         Butterfield         Camara2

Martin

Worth sticking with this system and seeing how it works out over a few games. 

1- Bryson did well but I'd want to manage his workload early and I'd like to see how Hendrick develops under this coaching team

2- I suspect Camara will end up finding a role as an impact sub, using that pace and directness against tiring defences but certainly deserves a start after mid week.

Harsh to drop Russell but he did look to be running out of fuel so maybe introduce him off the bench. Would like to see a youngster (Guy, Lowe, Elsnik, Vernam?) come off the bench for a few mins, just because I think every team at this level is looking at us and probably think they know what to expect from all our players, why not mix it up a little? I reckon thats what played into Camara's hands

Hello All,

Villa fan here (for my sins).

Was just looking at your thread on Bent & Weimann and the OP got flamed a bit but I think if you ask any Villa fan their opinion on Bent you'll get a similar response. In his time with us, I called him housebrick...because if you stuck one of those on the penalty spot, sooner or later, the ball will bounce off it and go in. He saved our sorry arses at the tail end of one season so we have that to be grateful for but as a general rule, when he's on the pitch, you're down to ten men. And the longer you have him, the lazier he gets.

Weimann on the other hand is a different kettle of fish and never left pitch in a state other than completely knackered. The lad gave his all. Bit of a headless chicken, for sure, but you could never ever fault his efforts. Not sure where you play him but for some bizarre reason our manager had him playing out on the right wing. Pointless. As an out-and-out striker, he's handy.

So, if they are both fit and due to play, please use Darren Bent :)

A new league for us as I'm sure you're all aware and we've heard all the nightmares about how brutal it is. And there've been no shortage of head clashes, stitches and blood spilt so far - cracking stuff! One thing that I think most Villa fans didn't consider when we were relegated was the quality of the officials...honestly the refs and linesman are shockingly bad!

I digress...

Had our previous owner not managed to offload us to a Chinese bloke who seems a bit bat-**** crazy and happy to splash the cash, then we were absolutely nailed on to be relegated again. I cannot explain to you how absolute **** this side was, how demoralised it was and how many poisonous characters there were in the changing room - and Rangers fans think they've signed a hell of a player in Lescott! PMSL. The bloke is a total cock-spank. The club was rotten to the core in a way that's hard to even comprehend.

But we've somehow managed to offload most of the dross (on and off the pitch) and it's been probably the most memorable transfer window in memory (and it ain't over yet!). We've managed to get some very decent players with a fair bit of experience of this league (which from everything we hear is the be-all end-all). I don't think Jedi will be cleared to play this weekend so that's disappointing from our perspective as our midfield is a bit soft and like the tippy tappy sideways passing and the rest will take time to "gel" as they say so this game could go either way.

We all thought we'd "clicked" last weekend and it'd be all smiles from here but it seems Rotherham are relegation fodder. I think we deserved to beat Huddersfield over the course of 90 minutes (although we do tend to tire massively in the last 20 or so) but how do you legislate for spawny goals like their equaliser? :blink:

If you're going to win, you'll have to target our fullbacks who are pretty gash. Hutton it seems has been dropped for Bacuna but despite his last couple of games being decent, he's not all that and the cover in front of him is usually non-existant. Our best left back is Amavi who was superb before suffering a long term injury so he's as rusty as they come. Whether he'll start ahead of Cissokho is anyones guess but either way, the full back spots are our weakness.

That and, it would seem, our fitness levels. Maybe Championship players are a lot fitter due to the longer season but we do tend to tire half way into the 2nd half. 

On the flip-side, Jordan Ayew seems to be ripping opposition teams apart for fun, we've our new striker who is a bit good at this level and Grealish is just starting to get his head on right so your lot could have your hands full.

Anyway, that's the view with Claret & Blue specs on.

Good luck. I'd be happy enough with a draw!

Trotters
http://www.bellsareringing.forumotion.com

2 hours ago, Trotters said:

Hello All,

Villa fan here (for my sins).

Was just looking at your thread on Bent & Weimann and the OP got flamed a bit but I think if you ask any Villa fan their opinion on Bent you'll get a similar response. In his time with us, I called him housebrick...because if you stuck one of those on the penalty spot, sooner or later, the ball will bounce off it and go in. He saved our sorry arses at the tail end of one season so we have that to be grateful for but as a general rule, when he's on the pitch, you're down to ten men. And the longer you have him, the lazier he gets.

Weimann on the other hand is a different kettle of fish and never left pitch in a state other than completely knackered. The lad gave his all. Bit of a headless chicken, for sure, but you could never ever fault his efforts. Not sure where you play him but for some bizarre reason our manager had him playing out on the right wing. Pointless. As an out-and-out striker, he's handy.

So, if they are both fit and due to play, please use Darren Bent :)

A new league for us as I'm sure you're all aware and we've heard all the nightmares about how brutal it is. And there've been no shortage of head clashes, stitches and blood spilt so far - cracking stuff! One thing that I think most Villa fans didn't consider when we were relegated was the quality of the officials...honestly the refs and linesman are shockingly bad!

I digress...

Had our previous owner not managed to offload us to a Chinese bloke who seems a bit bat-**** crazy and happy to splash the cash, then we were absolutely nailed on to be relegated again. I cannot explain to you how absolute **** this side was, how demoralised it was and how many poisonous characters there were in the changing room - and Rangers fans think they've signed a hell of a player in Lescott! PMSL. The bloke is a total cock-spank. The club was rotten to the core in a way that's hard to even comprehend.

But we've somehow managed to offload most of the dross (on and off the pitch) and it's been probably the most memorable transfer window in memory (and it ain't over yet!). We've managed to get some very decent players with a fair bit of experience of this league (which from everything we hear is the be-all end-all). I don't think Jedi will be cleared to play this weekend so that's disappointing from our perspective as our midfield is a bit soft and like the tippy tappy sideways passing and the rest will take time to "gel" as they say so this game could go either way.

We all thought we'd "clicked" last weekend and it'd be all smiles from here but it seems Rotherham are relegation fodder. I think we deserved to beat Huddersfield over the course of 90 minutes (although we do tend to tire massively in the last 20 or so) but how do you legislate for spawny goals like their equaliser? :blink:

If you're going to win, you'll have to target our fullbacks who are pretty gash. Hutton it seems has been dropped for Bacuna but despite his last couple of games being decent, he's not all that and the cover in front of him is usually non-existant. Our best left back is Amavi who was superb before suffering a long term injury so he's as rusty as they come. Whether he'll start ahead of Cissokho is anyones guess but either way, the full back spots are our weakness.

That and, it would seem, our fitness levels. Maybe Championship players are a lot fitter due to the longer season but we do tend to tire half way into the 2nd half. 

On the flip-side, Jordan Ayew seems to be ripping opposition teams apart for fun, we've our new striker who is a bit good at this level and Grealish is just starting to get his head on right so your lot could have your hands full.

Anyway, that's the view with Claret & Blue specs on.

Good luck. I'd be happy enough with a draw!

Trotters
http://www.bellsareringing.forumotion.com

Cheers. Very measured. We are still trying to find out best formation so it may be quite cagey at first and a 1-1 draw would probably keep everyone happy.

Razza probably has about 30 good minutes in his legs until he tires at the minute. Don't expect him to start for a few weeks. Happy with him coming off the bench after 70 mins though and spending the last 20 running at tiring defences and making things happen

I'm starting to get excited about hopping on the train from Ipswich tomorrow, inserting my season ticket back in the turnstile and catching up with the people who sit around me.

Couldn't make the first game due to my Mother passing away so I am chomping at the bit to be singing my heart out in the South Stand once more.  COYR

Looking forward to this game now, really does have a big game feel about it , expecting 30000 plus crowd, also taking my lady friend to her first football match ever, so hope we get a win, will be close, but I think we will be up for this game, and get our first home win of the season.Up the Rams.

10 hours ago, Trotters said:

I digress...

Remember who you're talking to here. You don't need to explain absolute **** to us because we all still sometimes see visions of a ball glancing off Claude Davis' 50p head in the path of an opposition forward or Petrov spanking one in from the half way line after having the ball passed to him by Roy Carroll.

It was very interesting to get your take on Bent. I didn't expect it to be so negative. I'm delighted Jedinak can't play. I would've liked us to sign him even though we already have several dozen central midfielders.

Holloway's tipping Villa to win.

I have to say though, reading his thoughts on the game and his going mental at the end of last season I've started to revise my opinion that he dislikes Derby. I think he's just mightily frustrated by them. More so than some Derby fans, which is a bit weird, but each to their own.

This is what he says about tomorrow's game:

(after talking about Jedinak and McCormack)

"Villa are on the mend, whereas Derby are Derby. One minute they can be brilliant and the next, they're not.

"Nigel (Pearson) has to get them consistent and he pointed out last week, quite rightly, that you have to go through bad times and bad results and stay strong.

"They have enough talent to sink a battleship but can they piece it together?"

Hard to disagree :lol:

Archived