Preston North End vs Derby County Official Match Thread 16/08/16 19.45

Carl Sagan

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Just watched the hihglights and have a single comment...

Did I just watch Martin running on to a through ball?

Was a good through ball though. 

Absolutely knackered after a hard day in the office. Got back at about 01:00 up for work at 6. Anyway my thoughts were good crowd. Strange when we take less away the atmosphere is better. Not so many moaners or people leaving early. Good singing and encouraging players.

As for the game.. It wasn't a classic, first half was a bit flat and needed someone to shine on the pitch and take the game to Preston. My thoughts at the half time interval was may be Hughes was our man to do this and although he put in an improved performance he didn't quite take the game to Preston.

Enter Abdul Camara, apparently someone found him at Calais in a Vauxhall Zafira or so the crowd sang last night. Anyway he came on and had a run at the opposition he cut inside and had a shot. This along with a lot of support from the Derby fans lifted him. The goal came from a delightful right footed chip/cross from Hughes that spoke to Forsyth while in mid air and said to him get your head on this, it's got goal written on it. Fortunately it was the only time all night Forsyth didn't misplace the ball and the Derby end went mad.

After the game a few Preston fans were seen looking for a long rope and the nearby Sainsburys had run out of razor blades. 

First win of the season it wasn't pretty but it was needed. 

Yes a first win of the season, hope we can build on this now, we looked solid at the back, created a few good chances, need to be a little better at taking our chances , but overall a good win, Pearson bringing razza on gave us more pace and directness, a very good atmosphere in the away end, fans getting behind the team, and the players kept going antil the end. And well done to Fozzy for getting in the 6 yard box and putting the ball into the net, you made my evening. Now let's follow this up with a victory against Villa on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Yet Radio Derby made it sound like Christie had a shocker? Opinions!

He was fine hardly 'shocker' to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Watched the game, thought he was okay. Attempted a few too many long passes though. But wasn't as bad as some made out in my opinion. 

Looking at whoscored, he had like 88 touches... which is 17 more than Hughes. He was very involved.

7 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Yet Radio Derby made it sound like Christie had a shocker? Opinions!

If you listen to Radio Derby, then take the opposite point of view you probably won't be too far away from how things actually were. Ramage's opinion changes with the wind!

6 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

If you listen to Radio Derby, then take the opposite point of view you probably won't be too far away from how things actually were. Ramage's opinion changes with the wind!

Certainly changes with the scoreline. 

We could be playing great but 1-0 down and we're rubbish. Likewise we could be playing rubbish and 1-0 up and "this is what best teams do.

Even though they dont

Archived