Preston North End vs Derby County Official Match Thread 16/08/16 19.45

Carl Sagan

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get in there you beauty!!! We're off and running now! Sounded like a solid enough win and if we can get our strikers scoring too then happy days. Credit to NP, the players and of course the travelling Rams who made the trip. Pleased for everyone that they have been rewarded tonight. COYR!!

That was much better. Isn't it funny how playing players in the right position in a system that suits them gets results. I've seen what we played tonight described as a 4141, but for all intents and purposes that was 433. Butterfield and Bryson dropping deeper than the wingers to help Hughes in the middle.

Wasn't all peachy, we looked a little open at times, but nowhere near as open as we looked against Brighton, Barnsley and even Grimsby.

Positives: Hughes looked better than recently, in fact everyone in midfield looked a lot more comfortable. Camara looked like a clever player when he came on, lovely ball through to Hughes and a nice pirouette on the ball when under pressure. Fozzy my man of the match, never stopped running, was never beaten defensively and showed how much we missed his height last season in defensive areas and offensive areas.

Negative: Christie was a mixed bag really, doing some things well and others badly. What really angered me though was the fat ***** sat below me who did nothing but shout the most vile abuse imaginable at Christie and Ince. Didn't chant or clap at all. His only contribution to the atmosphere was numerous curse words. I wonder how he would feel if I went to his work place and shouted abuse at him every 2 minutes.

Overall though, much much better. Please stick with 433 next time Pearson.

6 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

That was much better. Isn't it funny how playing players in the right position in a system that suits them gets results. I've seen what we played tonight described as a 4141, but for all intents and purposes that was 433. Butterfield and Bryson dropping deeper than the wingers to help Hughes in the middle.

Wasn't all peachy, we looked a little open at times, but nowhere near as open as we looked against Brighton, Barnsley and even Grimsby.

Positives: Hughes looked better than recently, in fact everyone in midfield looked a lot more comfortable. Camara looked like a clever player when he came on, lovely ball through to Hughes and a nice pirouette on the ball when under pressure. Fozzy my man of the match, never stopped running, was never beaten defensively and showed how much we missed his height last season in defensive areas and offensive areas.

Negative: Christie was a mixed bag really, doing some things well and others badly. What really angered me though was the fat ***** sat below me who did nothing but shout the most vile abuse imaginable at Christie and Ince. Didn't chant or clap at all. His only contribution to the atmosphere was numerous curse words. I wonder how he would feel if I went to his work place and shouted abuse at him every 2 minutes.

Overall though, much much better. Please stick with 433 next time Pearson.

I thought we didn't play enough games in pre season, most players had very few minutes on the pitch, I thought we looked under cooked against Brighton, perhaps we are starting to get match fit, I'm not suprised we have players out of form. I'm sure we will improve the more we play

14 minutes ago, peachmyster said:

starting team for villa the same but swap russell for razza

I'd keep it at it is unless we sign any new players. If Camara has ben effective coming on as a sub when the game is stretched then why not try it again. Having him and Ince playing wide leaves our full backs exposed. Villa are a different gravy to PNE despite their issues. 

Archived