The whining about Pearson thread

cheron85

8 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Now I'm sure the mods will remove this if they feel the need but I'm trying to turn my posts in the rest of the forum into more Pearson-neutral posts... So I thought it might be nice to set up a thread specifically where those of us who are unimpressed by Pearson in general can rant about it in comfort...

I nearly cried when we appointed Pearson... He's a dreadful manager who advocates dreadful football... He was perfectly suited to Leicester who have a history of 'efficient' football (kick people and then run away with the ball)... But we DON'T... We are NOT Leeds...

His track record is patchy at best... Dreadful at Southampton... Not good enough at Hull... Took 3 years to get promoted with a Leicester squad who were considered one of the strongest in the league each time... Then scraped survival with a team which went on to win the Premier League...

Also... He's a nutter... Consistently proven to be amongst the least professional managers out there... Attacking players on the touchline? At least Sean Dyche only LOOKS like a nutter... Pearson in genuinely deranged...

And despite saying he'd fit a formation and a style of play to the players once he'd seen them... He has failed to do that already... He's back to playing the way HE wants to play regardless of the players in front of him...

A talented manager comes in... Looks at the players... And works out the best way for THEM to play... Look at Ranieri at Leicester... He didn't exclusively play 4-4-2 at previous clubs... Came in and worked out that Leicester were hard and fast... And styled them to perfect that... Pearson seems completely incapable of that...

And finally... Who comes out after 3 competitive games in charge and blames the players lack of form for poor results/performances? You're the manager Pearson... The buck stops with you... man up and take responsibility...

Actually don't... Just leave... Go away and leave us in peace...

Until then... RIP The Derby Way...

Well... That was fairly cathartic... for now...

I don't know if you're serious, but what utter nonsense.

To suggest that Nigel Pearson did anything other than a fantastic job with us is ludicrous. Being 'considered one of the strongest teams in the league' is not the same as being one of the strongest teams in the league. Second time around with us, Nigel inherited a side filled with over paid, very average Championship-at best players (Jermaine Beckford, Neil Danns, Matt Mills, Richie Wellens, Paul Gallagher, Lee Peltier, Sean St. Ledger, Paul Konchesky)  at a club that had no cohesive strategy or positive atmosphere. Second season he built a side that got into the play-offs and that was clearly moving forward, third season he won the Championship with 102 points. Oh and he cuts costs, and infinitely improved the quality of football, while doing it. His fingerprints are all over everything that has happened at Leicester City - of course others have contributed massively, and you don't have access to them - but Nigel Pearson knows how to build strong sides with a positive mentality and if given the time to do that he will do it again for you. His record was not 'dreadful' at Southampton, he was there for basically no time at all and kept their relegation threatened side up. At Hull he built a strong side that would go on to be promoted to the Premier League after he returned to us. It is unbelievably ignorant to suggest he's a dreadful manager, at least it is if you judge football management on the performance of football teams. Perhaps you remember our 'efficient' 4-1 dismantling of you the season we comfortably won the league? I seem to remember quite enjoying our style of play that night, but I suppose if 'efficient' winning football isn't for you then you're right to have an issue with Nigel Pearson.

An incredible manager, who if given time to revamp your squad, will at the very least make you a stable Premier League side, has fallen into your lap. And you want to get rid of him after three games because you've got a misguided view of his time at previous clubs that just can't be objective, and because the media made a huge fuss over a couple of minor incidents. You cannot make any rational judgement about a manager after THREE GAMES, football just doesn't work like that, but I assure you that on the basis of six years of watching a Nigel Pearson led team, he is more than good enough for you.

Kick people, run away with the ball, score, win the match, win the Championship, stay in the Premier League. God it was awful, you've really brought it all back.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rynny said:

I will give Pearson as much credit for leicester winning the league last season as I did clough for us finishing 3rd under Mac, a small glancing nod of a well done.

Yeah, why not.

Even McClaren was giving flattering remarks on what clough had achieved at derby.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Was it Dave Mackays title or Clough's? Lol.

Well as I was born in the next decade I will have to say Clough for the first title and Mackay for the second, as it says in the record books.

2 minutes ago, Leicester Fan said:

To suggest that Nigel Pearson did anything other than a fantastic job with us is ludicrous. Being 'considered one of the strongest teams in the league' is not the same as being one of the strongest teams in the league. Second time around with us, Nigel inherited a side filled with over paid, very average Championship-at best players (Jermaine Beckford, Neil Danns, Matt Mills, Richie Wellens, Paul Gallagher, Lee Peltier, Sean St. Ledger, Paul Konchesky)  at a club that had no cohesive strategy or positive atmosphere. Second season he built a side that got into the play-offs and that was clearly moving forward, third season he won the Championship with 102 points. Oh and he cuts costs, and infinitely improved the quality of football, while doing it. His fingerprints are all over everything that has happened at Leicester City - of course others have contributed massively, and you don't have access to them - but Nigel Pearson knows how to build strong sides with a positive mentality and if given the time to do that he will do it again for you. His record was not 'dreadful' at Southampton, he was there for basically no time at all and kept their relegation threatened side up. At Hull he built a strong side that would go on to be promoted to the Premier League after he returned to us. It is unbelievably ignorant to suggest he's a dreadful manager, at least it is if you judge football management on the performance of football teams. Perhaps you remember our 'efficient' 4-1 dismantling of you the season we comfortably won the league? I seem to remember quite enjoying our style of play that night, but I suppose if 'efficient' winning football isn't for you then you're right to have an issue with Nigel Pearson.

An incredible manager, who if given time to revamp your squad, will at the very least make you a stable Premier League side, has fallen into your lap. And you want to get rid of him after three games because you've got a misguided view of his time at previous clubs that just can't be objective, and because the media made a huge fuss over a couple of minor incidents. You cannot make any rational judgement about a manager after THREE GAMES, football just doesn't work like that, but I assure you that on the basis of six years of watching a Nigel Pearson led team, he is more than good enough for you.

Kick people, run away with the ball, score, win the match, win the Championship, stay in the Premier League. God it was awful, you've really brought it all back.

Fantastic post.

Can you come and support us?, cos we have some proper ***** on here spouting utter ***** :p

I am not anti Nigel Pearson.

The fact is he deserves the criticism he is getting. He is arrogantly playing his own formation with players out of position and without  bringing anyone in and the performances are dire. Don't give me that assessing the team nonsense either. He has watched our team before taking the job. 

I hear people saying we are only 2 games in, give him time etc. Those are the same people who destroyed Darren Wassall for his teams performances last season. Imagine if DW had changed the formation and dropped Hughes and Martin and played such tripe. The whole forum would be asking for his head.

So as I said I am not anti Pearson but he either needs change the formation and play to there strengths or start bringing in players that fit his rather dull football. 

So, because I have never had any time for Pearson I'm a proper ***** spouting utter *****. 

I'd be that I suppose than a hypocrite, I just don't like the bloke and just because he's been given the job at the club I follow doesn't mean I'm going to change my opinion on him. 

7 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

So as I said I am not anti Pearson but he either needs change the formation and play to there strengths or start bringing in players that fit his rather dull football. 

No f*cking Barcelona were they! Ha!

15 minutes ago, Leicester Fan said:

I don't really know why you're here... But welcome and hang your opinion here on the wall...

You're opinion on Pearson is entirely welcome but I'm afraid I just don't agree with it... We have plenty of Derby fans who share your beliefs but being aggressive about yours doesn't make them any more valid I'm afraid...

19 minutes ago, Leicester Fan said:

We don't NEED a squad revamp... You might have done but we don't... 

I don't want rid after 3 games... I didn't ever want to appoint him... I wanted rid after 0 games and 0 days... I think I've been pretty clear about that...

He's too set is his ways... Something which he's proving already... What we needed was someone to take a very talented squad and add leadership and lend them consistency... What he's done is go scorched earth on the good work of previous managers... And (by far my biggest annoyance) done exactly what he said he wasn't going to do... Which is rigidly stick to his obsession with 4-4-2...

After Pearson finished 14th in the Premier League did Ranieri come in a say "Well 14th is turd... Let's replace everything about what you've done before"?

I very much doubt you can be 'objective' either about a manager you got you 2 promotions after you've just been Premier League champions... I would imagine everything is rather rosy in the southern part of the East Midlands...

If we are starting afresh and we started wheeling and dealing when he came in then fine, if we are going to change gradually, bring in a couple move out a few and slowly transform the team and style, it needs to be done sensibly and we need to play to the strengths of the players that are here and play the formation that will get 100% performance out of the players then that is fine, or if he makes the small minor adjustments and improves what we have here and build on that, once again fine. At the moment it just feels wrong, it looks wrong, it is like we haven't quite decided how we are going to go about things this season in terms of style, players, and transfers. We have had decided the formation and have played players that can sort of play in a position to accommodate that formation, we have had 3 turgid performances that have left a lot to be desired and we have sort of gone **** we need some players to play this formation.

I will support the club, the players, manager etc until it is clear that them being here is to the detriment of the club, as I always have.

5 hours ago, Saturn5 said:

** Before the "Leicester won the Premier League with Pearsons Team" crew turn up - Ask their fans Vardy, Marhez were average at best under him, Morgan was poor untill Huth came in and Kante never played under him PLUS Steve Walsh identified players not NP hence why Everton paid so much compensation for him - i am unfortunate in working in Barrow upon Soar with loads of Bin Dippers and even they say the football under him was woeful

The football under him was not woeful. Jamie Vardy struggled to adapt to the Championship, after a season at that level he was unbelievable under Nigel Pearson. Then he took a year to adapt to the Premier League (though he was far from bad) and second season in the Premier League - as everybody knows - he was fantastic. Wes Morgan was fantastic for us under Pearson in the Championship, and did exactly what he was signed to do - lead the team to the Premier League. He was fairly poor during his first season in the Premier League until we added Robert Huth under Nigel Pearson, after which our defence was pretty solid. Steve Walsh was responsible for a lot of the signings who helped win us the Premier League, who was responsible for bringing Steve Walsh to the club? Nigel Pearson. Did he make mistakes during his first season as a Premier League manager? Yes. Did he ultimately finish 14th in the Premier League during his first season at that level with a squad of players that had barely played Premier League football? Yes.

Maybe your 'Bin Dipper' mates only watched us for six months in the Premier League, but I assure you no real Leicester fan who has a brain thinks he was anything other than very, very good for us. There you go, that's a Leicester fan consulted.

37 minutes ago, simsdcfc said:

football fans make me laugh, i dont see how dave the plumber from derby has more knowladge then NP who has won this leauge before.

No offence to dave the plumber 

Dave's a useless excuse for a plumber!

p.s. I'm a milkman so I should know

1 hour ago, simsdcfc said:

football fans make me laugh, i dont see how dave the plumber from derby has more knowladge then NP who has won this leauge before.

No offence to dave the plumber 

Dave's just jealous cos Nigel has a city and guilds level 3 plumbing. 

(although Dave would love that young academy kid to get a start. Whatshisface? White hair. Fairly tidy player apparently).

What is the job of a manager? To get the best out of the players at his disposal. The best managers can go into a club and be flexible. Conte at Chelsea was renowned for playing 352 with Juventus and the Italian National Team and here he is at Chelsea playing 4141. Why? Because he understands what his players are good and bad at and as a result implements a system to maximize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses.

Look at that team Pearson put out on Saturday. Bryson and Hughes playing in a midfield two when time and time again in the past they've shown this holds the back. If you were to ask every Derby fan where Bryson's best position is they'd tell you it's up the pitch getting close to the front men. What do we have Pearson telling him to do? Pick the ball up from deep and play long crossfield balls. Ask every Derby fan what Butterfield's best position is and they all say it sure as hell isn't left midfield. Every single one of our central midfielders is suited to a three man midfield and instead of accepting that and playing them as such or getting some players to replace them Pearson sticks with a formation that leaves us weak in the middle, suits none of the midfield and means we relinquish the ball to easily. The man needs to either buy some midfielders or pull his head out of his arse and accept 442 will get us nowhere with this squad.

This is a squad that doesn't need a total overhaul like Leicester did. Form-wise we were the fifth best team in the league under Darren Wassall. A rookie manager whose team selections and in-game instructions were baffling at times got this team to be the fifth best in the league. Does that sound like a team that needs a total overhaul? No that is a team that needs one or two clever additions and instead what do we get? A man so deeply set in his 442 ideology that he's marginalised our top goalscorer, our best player and nullified the strengths of half the squad.

If Pearson doesn't change his ways we'll be lucky to make midtable let alone the playoffs and from what I understand, from what Pearson has been saying in the press playoffs is the minimum expectation. Good luck with that Nigel.

Archived