I really like new Nigel Pearson

Jon_Grooves

1 minute ago, DCFCArmy said:

i love the fact he benched Hughes... that really did upset a fair few people.. And I get the feeling he doesn't give a f***.. more reason I love the bloke, at last a man that doesn't pander to the loonies. 

What manager did listen to people on message boards

And you think dropping Hughes is a good thing?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

What manager did listen to people on message boards

And you think dropping Hughes is a good thing?

Of course, how dare he have the temerity to be an excellent footballer for Derby! :p

ps I hope there's a good reason for it.

3 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Depends what style NP wants to play and if WH fits the style

And I'm happy because we have a manager who has the balls to stick to his guns and not pander to of our fan base

What style? Just dreadful football so far. 

2 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Depends what style NP wants to play and if WH fits the style

And I'm happy because we have a manager who has the balls to stick to his guns and not pander to of our fan base

Don't believe any manager panders to our fanbase.

Who has given into pressure to play Hughes? Clement who missed him through injury? McClaren who wasn't his biggest fan yet still had to admit he was very important to his ideas. Or Clough? 

This is basically a mirror image of Clements start last year...trying to get the team to go to a set of new formations which they are struggling to adapt to...for now.

The difference will be that pearson will stick to it,no matter what,whereas Clement buckled when the results weren't going his way and apparently because of fan pressure to revert back to 433.

Now I'm a massive fan of the majority of the football played under Mac and the 433 system and would rather we carried on with it but with reinforcements for martin.....however,that's not how Pearson is going to play it so we just need to sit back and watch a work in progress.

I don't believe we will be promoted this year as the new systems will take six months at least to become fluent and successful but next year will be like Pearson's second stint with Leicester and we will prevail .....patience is required.

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

This is basically a mirror image of Clements start last year...trying to get the team to go to a set of new formations which they are struggling to adapt to...for now.

The difference will be that pearson will stick to it,no matter what,whereas Clement buckled when the results weren't going his way and apparently because of fan pressure to revert back to 433.

Now I'm a massive fan of the majority of the football played under Mac and the 433 system and would rather we carried on with it but with reinforcements for martin.....however,that's not how Pearson is going to play it so we just need to sit back and watch a work in progress.

I don't believe we will be promoted this year as the new systems will take six months at least to become fluent and successful but next year will be like Pearson's second stint with Leicester and we will prevail next year......patience is required.

Good post and you're right. 

A few of us moaning is pointless and we should all be patient.

But when you love something like we all love DCFC then you worry about it. Just get a bit passionate and vocal. 

Just felt like we were onto something. Needed to build on it. Because since Jim Smith days it's been from one rebuild to another. 

But yeah, you are right. Patience is needed

3 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

I think we have had plenty of patience over the last few years. Now is the time to deliver. 

Its not tho is it.....he can't come in,change systems then expect to achieve promotion whilst still adapting to them.....wish we could.

He needs a season at least to make it work...if we are lucky,it will kick in quicker than expected and we somehow make the play offs but realistically we won't become all conquering until next season

36 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

i love the fact he benched Hughes... that really did upset a fair few people.. And I get the feeling he doesn't give a f***.. more reason I love the bloke, at last a man that doesn't pander to the loonies. 

You love the fact he left our best and most creative player on the bench because he knew it would upset the fans...wow!

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Its not tho is it.....he can't come in,change systems then expect to achieve promotion whilst still.adapting to them.

He needs a season at least to make it work...if we are lucky,it will kick in quicker than expected and we somehow make the play offs but realistically we won't become all conquering until next season

Can't disagree with you more. We finished in the top 6 last year despite the Clement circus. We didn't scrape relegation safety. 

We don't need a massive overhaul again we need to stop being patient and start playing like we did against Hull in the 2nd leg. 

Incredibly fed up with excuses. 

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Its not tho is it.....he can't come in,change systems then expect to achieve promotion whilst still adapting to them.....wish we could.

I don't expect promotion this season, but Pearson obviously will, going by his interviews.

In fairness to Pearson he brought Will on first. He knows how good he is he's prob just lighting a fire. Plus maybe Hendrick is playing in a shop window. Who knows. But around the ground, in Frankie's wherever, that's all everyone was talking about before the game, and maybe some Baird stuff too. 

You'd have to be blind not to see Hughes was the best player on the field when he came on. He will start sooner or later ... Cream rises to to the top. 

For me Pearson is sending very clear messages which are 1 he intends to succeed with derby county ,2 the basic first and most important step in this is a rigid culture where players have to earn the shirt in training and on the pitch during games if they want to be part of that sucess ,, no single player is bigger than the club or the team ,,,,, it's what we have lacked for a while now and it's why we have the soft underbelly that lets down our talent ,,,, I'm behind the bloke and will be patient and support any upheaval needed to create this vital culture at derby

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

In fairness to Pearson he brought Will on first. He knows how good he is he's prob just lighting a fire. Plus maybe Hendrick is playing in a shop window. Who knows. But around the ground, in Frankie's wherever, that's all everyone was talking about before the game, and maybe some Baird stuff too. 

You'd have to be blind not to see Hughes was the best player on the field when he came on. He will start sooner or later ... Cream rises to to the top. 

I think it's this. You want to be in Pearson's team, you show him you'll sweat blood for the cause because with 11 out there doing that as a team you always have a chance. I strongly suspect those who didn't start v Brighton haddn't earned Pearson's respect with their attitude to pre-season.

I think the thing to like is just imagine a ten tenths Hughes. I don't think he's ever not been hard working on the pitch but if Hughes is fully committed that'll feed the whole team.

When i reflect on the 13/14 team, I think the loyalty, togetherness and commitment Clough had built carried it a long way and that was one thing that ebbed away in the spring of 2015 - If Pearson brings something like that back to the current squad we'll be well set.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think it's this. You want to be in Pearson's team, you show him you'll sweat blood for the cause because with 11 out there doing that as a team you always have a chance. I strongly suspect those who didn't start v Brighton haddn't earned Pearson's respect with their attitude to pre-season.

I think the thing to like is just imagine a ten tenths Hughes. I don't think he's ever not been hard working on the pitch but if Hughes is fully committed that'll feed the whole team.

When i reflect on the 13/14 team, I think the loyalty, togetherness and commitment Clough had built carried it a long way and that was one thing that ebbed away in the spring of 2015 - If Pearson brings something like that back to the current squad we'll be well set.

I think you are spot on with Pearson's philosophy here....his way or the highway.

What this will create however,much like marines undergoing their arduous initial training regime, is an incredible bond between themselves and the boss as they come out of the other side.......and contempt for those who don't make it

It should make for a fantastic team spirit...in time

Shame its Pearsons way or the highway as I think he is making a big mistake with this team.

Playing 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

Detracts from the good attacking midfielders we have, reduces  the attacking insincts of Chrisite and Fozzy/Olsson out wide.

and The best one, is Pearson is revelling in Camera for offering us something different. The reason he does, is he is a one off, we didn´t go after wingers as such for 3 seasons because we had a certain way of playing, which has been so close on so many occasions. Pearson, the teams needs minor adjustments, not a complete overhaul, just so it fits in with your own style.

Good managers will adjust a team to make the best use of what they have.

Archived