I really like new Nigel Pearson

Jon_Grooves

19 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

11 out 92 = 11.96 %

88.04% of teams fail every year!

Funny thing is our ambition is to become a stable PL club. Now win the PL but just get up and settle in.

That's failure surely? 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Why do people think all footballers are arrogant cnuts you have to keep in line? 

Thinking that they're all pampered babies that sulk and don't care and collect their money? 

@curtains talking about player power like they're an evil syndicate. 

As soon as a player doesn't play well it's sulking or not caring. 

And players that expect the ball to feet and who don't run around like maniacs are criticised for being lazy and arrogant, even when they are playing well! 

And the thing is, it's these types of players that usually demand the most from their teammates during training.

I'll always remember McClaren saying that he wishes Hughes would take training more seriously. Who'd have thunk it of him?

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Rubbish. 

So every team in the country that wasn't promoted or named a champion has failed then? 

If we failed in 2014 then what we're we doing for the previous decade?

Total garbage.

We failed to get promoted. That's failure. 

3 teams get promoted each year in the last 3 making 9. 

We couldn't even be one of them 9. 

Thats the last 3 years only. 

I still crave a decent team .

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Failure in football is a failure to meet expectations.

Nobody at the start of 2013/14 expected us to finish in the playoffs, let alone finish 3rd on 85 points.

I'd say we failed in 2014/15, as we were expected to finish top two and ended up 8th. But that had absoloutely nothing to do with the system, rather the application and multiple injuries.

Last season was always going to be a challenge due to new managers, a raft of new players with huge expectations on them asa  result of the fees we paid out. Again it was application which cost us, a lack of experience.

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Failure in football is a failure to meet expectations.

Nobody at the start of 2013/14 expected us to finish in the playoffs, let alone finish 3rd on 85 points.

I'd say we failed in 2014/15, as we were expected to finish top two and ended up 8th. But that had absoloutely nothing to do with the system, rather the application and multiple injuries.

Last season was always going to be a challenge due to new managers, a raft of new players with huge expectations on them asa  result of the fees we paid out. Again it was application which cost us, a lack of experience.

So what you saying sack Pearson if he won't play Will Hughes and Chris Martin every week in a 4-3-3 

Yes it absolutely right, as I have already said before on this forum.

The whole objective of professional football is surely to win trophies.

There just cannot possibly be any another reason to strive or even exist as a club.

Otherwise it's wishful thinking.

Like most clubs and their fans do.

Hopefully, we have now got the dog's gonads with our very own Action Man - big bad Nigel.

After we go up and consolidate, what's next?

DCFC to then become the next English global football brand?

Just like LCFC are doing right now?

So come on, let's all work together, and get the troops really moving forward.

Remember people, times have totally changed since we last won the top league or competed in Europe. 

The world and it's untapped billions await.

We are in a unique position.

Let's never forget that WE the fans ARE the club.

As Mel Morris says, the owner and his staff are just caretakers, right down to the tea lady or humblest ball boy. 

This really is a clarion call.

Pearson is here to do a job.

Previous managers have proved that we can't get promoted with the current set of players by playing pretty football.

We need to learn how to win games , this at times will mean playing ugly but effect football , as a previous post said look how Leicester turned us over every time they played us.

If that means players who don't adapt to this being moved on, so be it.

3 minutes ago, DeanYatesFarPost said:

Pearson is here to do a job.

Previous managers have proved that we can't get promoted with the current set of players by playing pretty football.

We need to learn how to win games , this at times will mean playing ugly but effect football , as a previous post said look how Leicester turned us over every time they played us.

If that means players who don't adapt to this being moved on, so be it.

No they haven't. Previous managers have proved, Wassall included, that when our 11 best players are on the pitch or somebody who can effectively do their job we're more than capable of promotion. 

As for Leicester turning us over every time we played them; they beat us 1-0 at PP thanks to an own goal, CLOUGH's Derby dominated the game. At the crisp bowel we played Hendrick at holding midfield 'protecting' Keane and it went as well as to be expected.

I thought the whole idea of 'The Derby Way' was rather than adapting ourselves and grinding rather than performing we simply strove to improve performance indefinitely - with promotion being a by-product of this continuous improvement. 

10 minutes ago, cannable said:

No they haven't. Previous managers have proved, Wassall included, that when our 11 best players are on the pitch or somebody who can effectively do their job we're more than capable of promotion. 

Remind me, which year did they get promotion and provide this proof you claim?

8 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Remind me, which year did they get promotion and provide this proof you claim?

No year… although I can provide lots of proof of when we've had all the players required to make the team function taking us on long positive streaks that were only ended by injury - if you'd like?

2 hours ago, curtains said:

You have Forest and Leeds levels of false entitlement, @curtains.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

As for Leicester turning us over every time we played them; they beat us 1-0 at PP thanks to an own goal, CLOUGH's Derby dominated the game. At the crisp bowel we played Hendrick at holding midfield 'protecting' Keane and it went as well as to be expected.

I thought the whole idea of 'The Derby Way' was rather than adapting ourselves and grinding rather than performing we simply strove to improve performance indefinitely - with promotion being a by-product of this continuous improvement. 

So which of these managers got us promoted ? Answer - none of them.

Playing the Derby Way is B*ll*cks made up by Mel and subsequently forgotten when he appointed Pearson.

As for Leicester , we have lost 8 of the last 9 games against Leicester 4-1, 2-1,1-0,4-1,1-0,4-0,2-0,2-0 and 3 of those we have conceded 4 goals. I would say they know how to turn us over

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Who you arguing against here Mel Morris and Sam Rush who appointed Nigel Pearson and a lot of the Derby Fans who thought it was a great appointment .

Maybe we should have kept Darren Wassell as Manager is that what your saying. 

14 minutes ago, DeanYatesFarPost said:

So which of these managers got us promoted ? Answer - none of them.

Playing the Derby Way is B*ll*cks made up by Mel and subsequently forgotten when he appointed Pearson.

As for Leicester , we have lost 8 of the last 9 games against Leicester 4-1, 2-1,1-0,4-1,1-0,4-0,2-0,2-0 and 3 of those we have conceded 4 goals. I would say they know how to turn us over

Well none because we've always had key injuries… as I said. As Mel Morris himself alluded to in Pearson's press-conference! 

The Derby Way is an idea as to how the club should be run - following in the models of Southampton and Swansea. Here's a good article on it - http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25420261

Well yeah… much in the same way we beat Leeds 10 games running. One sided rivalry - one team's always up for it more than the other. And only the former six results you list were under Pearson so I'm not sure what point you're making anyway, two were when Leicetser finished mid-table and five were when we were mid-table.

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

Those  clubs are getting left behind the likes of Swansea and Watford etc. 

Leicester are light years ahead of all 3 of Derby,Forest and Leeds now. 

So?

You seem to thnk that we have a divine right to be there.

Archived