I really like new Nigel Pearson

Jon_Grooves

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

So?

You seem to thnk that we have a divine right to be there.

Suppose I was spoilt by Clough and Taylor and Dave Mackay  

Those days have gone .

Now  you take what you are given .

Love your backward arguing tactics Eddie  

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, cannable said:

Well none because we've always had key injuries… as I said. As Mel Morris himself alluded to in Pearson's press-conference! 

The Derby Way is an idea as to how the club should be run - following in the models of Southampton and Swansea. Here's a good article on it - http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25420261

Well yeah… much in the same way we beat Leeds 10 games running. One sided rivalry - one team's always up for it more than the other. And only the former six results you list were under Pearson so I'm not sure what point you're making anyway, two were when Leicetser finished mid-table and five were when we were mid-table.

So the only reason we didn't get promoted is because of key injuries and nothing else ?

Yeah right

3 minutes ago, DeanYatesFarPost said:

So the only reason we didn't get promoted is because of key injuries and nothing else ?

Yeah right

So you're telling me that losing Bucko, Whitbread, Thorne, Mascarell, Eustace, Martin and Bent didn't cost us in 14/15? 

Last season was a combination of injuries, a lack of natural cover and Clement misusing our riches in attack.

9 minutes ago, cannable said:

So you're telling me that losing Bucko, Whitbread, Thorne, Mascarell, Eustace, Martin and Bent didn't cost us in 14/15? 

Last season was a combination of injuries, a lack of natural cover and Clement misusing our riches in attack.

You can't use injuries as an excuse every season though that just smacks of poor planning and having a totally inbalanced squad if we used injuries again this season as an excuse for not gaining promotion I would find that totally unnacceptable 

7 minutes ago, cannable said:

Losing them certainly didn't cost us promotion.

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

You can't use injuries as an excuse every season though that just smacks of poor planning and having a totally inbalanced squad if we used injuries again this season as an excuse for not gaining promotion I would find that totally unnacceptable 

To be fair, I did state that the lack of natural cover cost as last season! But 14/15 was just a freak load of injuries concentrated on just three positions, no team could ever have anticipated that! 

52 minutes ago, curtains said:

Suppose I was spoilt by Clough and Taylor and Dave Mackay  

Those days have gone .

Now  you take what you are given .

Love your backward arguing tactics Eddie  

Name three sports where you win by going backwards

15 minutes ago, curtains said:

Rugby League 

Rowing 

High Jumping. 

Not Rugby League (I assume that's a Union joke). Still one to go. Or two actually. I've just thought of another one.

Edit - ah, passing backwards. No, because you can kick forwards.

Pearson is tightening the screw on the players now. He expects 100% for 95 minutes. No prima dona allowed. Show it on the pitch or you are not playing next week. Now pressure from potential arrival of new players. The Revolution is underway. COYR

2 hours ago, DeanYatesFarPost said:

Losing them certainly didn't cost us promotion.

Yes it did, although to some extent McClaren didn't help matters when they got injured. Beginning of February 2015, Derby County are top of the league. Martin, Buxton and Eustace get injured in quick succession ripping the spine out of the team. McClaren loses the two players who are vital to our 433 formation and a well respected ball playing centre back to injury.

Mascarell who wasn't playing every week gets drafted in to defensive midfield and even though it isn't his natural position he does alright. Mascarell then gets injureedd and is out for the season. McClaren panics and rushes Thorne back, so we get 2 games from him before he breaks down again. Now  we have no fit midfielders who can even remotely play that hlding role.

Bent comes in for Martin and we become more direct, relying on pieces of skill from Ince and Bent to score goals, rather than the link up play of Martin. We become a less fluid, more counter attacking team without Martin to hold up the ball. Still, at least we're scoring goals. Then Bent gets injured. We are still playing 433 at this point (annd continued to do so for the entire season). We are left with Russell up front on his on who for all his running, isn't a target man. 

Whitbread who would have been a decent replacement for Buxton gets injured and Christie suffers a massive loss of form. McClaren can't decide whether to keep Christie in the team and hope he gets over it or replace him with someone else. This is where McClaren really ballsed it up. We had no sense of consistancy in defence. One match we would have Shotton and Keogh at CB, the next Albentosa and Keogh at CB, the next Forsyth and Albentosa at CB. With no regular CB partner Keogh had no understanding and our defensive organisation fell to pot. We began to concede more goals than we could score, even with a freescoring Bent and Ince up front.

A fit Eustace covers the defence well and gets them organised. A fit Buxton or Whitbread, provides a regular CB partner for Keogh, meaning Shotton can replace Christie full time at RB. Instead we got McClaren playing the likes of a non-english speaking Albentosa and a Forsyth who has never been pure defender at Centre back, with Keogh sometimes being played at right back!!

A combination of McClaren and injuries screwed that season up. Injuries take most of the blame thoough, because without them I'm certain we would have at least made the play offs that season.

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

Yes it did, although to some extent McClaren didn't help matters when they got injured. Beginning of February 2015, Derby County are top of the league. Martin, Buxton and Eustace get injured in quick succession ripping the spine out of the team. McClaren loses the two players who are vital to our 433 formation and a well respected ball playing centre back to injury.

Mascarell who wasn't playing every week gets drafted in to defensive midfield and even though it isn't his natural position he does alright. Mascarell then gets injureedd and is out for the season. McClaren panics and rushes Thorne back, so we get 2 games from him before he breaks down again. Now  we have no fit midfielders who can even remotely play that hlding role.

Bent comes in for Martin and we become more direct, relying on pieces of skill from Ince and Bent to score goals, rather than the link up play of Martin. We become a less fluid, more counter attacking team without Martin to hold up the ball. Still, at least we're scoring goals. Then Bent gets injured. We are still playing 433 at this point (annd continued to do so for the entire season). We are left with Russell up front on his on who for all his running, isn't a target man. 

Whitbread who would have been a decent replacement for Buxton gets injured and Christie suffers a massive loss of form. McClaren can't decide whether to keep Christie in the team and hope he gets over it or replace him with someone else. This is where McClaren really ballsed it up. We had no sense of consistancy in defence. One match we would have Shotton and Keogh at CB, the next Albentosa and Keogh at CB, the next Forsyth and Albentosa at CB. With no regular CB partner Keogh had no understanding and our defensive organisation fell to pot. We began to concede more goals than we could score, even with a freescoring Bent and Ince up front.

A fit Eustace covers the defence well and gets them organised. A fit Buxton or Whitbread, provides a regular CB partner for Keogh, meaning Shotton can replace Christie full time at RB. Instead we got McClaren playing the likes of a non-english speaking Albentosa and a Forsyth who has never been pure defender at Centre back, with Keogh sometimes being played at right back!!

A combination of McClaren and injuries screwed that season up. Injuries take most of the blame thoough, because without them I'm certain we would have at least made the play offs that season.

So , as I said the injuries didn't cost us promotion .  

Archived