Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/536476/Fernando-Forestieri-Derby-transfer-news?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Derby lodge £7m bid for Sheffield Wednesday star Fernando Forestieri

The Argentina-born Italian Under-21 international scored the Owls' winner against Aston Villa on Sunday.

But Derby boss Nigel Pearson hopes his bid will prise him away to the iPro Stadium.

Forestieri, 26, has made a big impact at Hillsborough after moving from Watford for £3m.

He played a leading role in Wednesday reaching the play-off final last season.

Forestieri can operate in a wide role or as a through-the-middle striker.

At Watford he scored 20 times in 80 games and Pearson wants his attaching threat to aid Derby's promotion bid this season.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never happening. The bid is too low, Wednesday will not sell to a rival, there isn't much incentive, beyond his cut of the fee, for Forrestieri to move from play off finalists to play off semi finalists.

Him and knockeart were at the top of my wishlist but both are unrealstic. Would be happily surprised if this came off but why would Wednesday sell him full stop no matter to a promotion rival. Wednesday have a great chance in my eyes to even make the top two, at least thats what they are building towards so selling forestieri to us would be unthinkable on their end.

It is the kind of signing we are crying out for. Someone who can actually break in between the banks of the opposition midfield and defence, get their midfield turned. Too many of our cms as good as they are, play in front of the opposition and only really hughes tries to pass between the lines. 

Wells/Martin/Bent

Forestieri

Weimann/Russell    Hughes                Hendrick/Bryson         Ince/Blackman

:wub:

7 minutes ago, JW37 said:

Wells/Martin/Bent

Forestieri

Weimann/Russell    Hughes                Hendrick/Bryson         Ince/Blackman

:wub:

You forgot Butterfield!

But I would be happy to see the back of Johnson, Blackman and Camara (even though he hasn't been given a chance) in returen for Forestieri. Quality over quantity.

1 minute ago, Gypsy Ram said:

You forgot Butterfield!

But I would be happy to see Johnson, Blackman and Camara (even though he hasn't been given a chance) in returen for Forestieri. Quality over quantity.

Don't think Butterfield is very Pearson unfortunately :( and yes I would too Hendrick and Johnson for say £15mil with Butterfiled and Camara loaned out and Forestieri and Wells for £20mil would be very good business in my eyes 

I've love him here but this has no chance of happening. What it does do however, is unsettle the player. There have been many rumours have he has fallen out with the Sheffield Wednesday manager and wants to move to a bigger club. He also didn't celebrate when he scored the winner against Villa when he is usually one to jump around and celebrate crazily and he retweeted Faurlin's tweet saying that he should be playing in the premier league. If he does leave then it's good for us as a promotion rival will lose their best player.

6 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

But I would be happy to see the back of Johnson, Blackman and Camara (even though he hasn't been given a chance) in returen for Forestieri. Quality over quantity.

Thought Blackman was good on Saturday... And Camara seems the kind of player Pearson will love... I remember us struggling to contain players like Lloyd Dyer and Jeff Schlupp when they cam against us and Camara feels like the same kinda player... Quick and direct...

Archived