POLL: Supermanagers; who is better?

Mostyn6

Who is the better manager?  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I genuinely don't even know who is the best manager anymore. Used to think it was Simeone but his inability to make Atletico Madrid teams attack against the bigger teams (despite having the talent in his team) is what let's him down. Then again all the other managers have stand out weaknesses too. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am seeing parallels in Guardiola and Nigel Pearson... honeslty

Both have gone into a job so arrogantly and ignorantly, that they have paid no attention to the skillset and quality they inherited.

Guardiola binning off Joe Hart without a better replacement was foolish. Joe Hart is a leader.

9 hours ago, McLovin said:

Indeed, Mourinho prefers losing 5-0 to Guardiola's teams instead :whistle: Mourinho's Man Utd are still 9 points behind Man City. 

Serious question, which manager walked in to the tougher job with the most work that needed doing.

Question is a bit simplistic - how do you define better management? If you're talking pure trophies & success, then Mourinho is unquestionably the best manager in the game today. To have experienced success with 4 high profile European clubs is extremely hard - with his successes at Porto & Inter particularly impressive in my eyes.

If you are talking about building a club/a legacy, then Guardiola is undoubtedly the superior as he believes in building a culture throughout the club, promoting youth & developing a specific style - things that Mourinho is largely unconcerned with as he is a pragmatist at heart, probably because he tends not to stay that long at clubs.

I will watch Mourinho's stint at Man Utd with interest as its a very challenging job given the expectations, the lack of recent success & strength of domestic rivals. He is generally very successful within the first couple of seasons at his clubs but I don't think he will experience that at Manu meaning he may be forced to take a more long term approach to improving the club as a whole before he can start winning the big trophies - something he will not be used to. Whether his ego or patience can last that long is another debate.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

the Nigel Pearson of the Premier League.

Arrogant and ignorant and deluded in equal measure.

Fancy trying to impose unsuitable tactics on the team uncapable of playing them.

Pep is simply highlighting the lack of quality in the PL, his tactics would be spot on in far superior leagues like La Liga and Bundesliga with superstars at his disposal.

Managers like Koeman have a lot to answer for.

1 minute ago, CumbrianRam said:

Mauricio Pochettino is the right answer, by the way he was mocked by every British based pundit when he replaced Nigel Adkins hahahahahahahahahahahah.

Love it when these ididots get put in their place, still think Adkins is better.

not sure he was mocked as much as people thought it was really poor treatment of Adkins.

Pep' Guardiola

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Give them a club each in the third division with no money and no players and we will see if they are anywhere as good as Auther Cox was

the Great Brian Clough did it       but i do refuse to acknowledge what he achieved at Red Dogs   ..   but  would like to see Pep' Guardiola   at  Port Vale    and   Jose  Mourinho   at Hartlepool      (  hypothetically speaking  )

Wouldn't it be funny if both 'supermanagers' missed out on the Champions League ? 

Guardiola is suffering at the moment. He is well able to build an attacking team that presses high, but building a defence seems not to be his strong point. 

He inherited a Barca team with Puyol, Pique and Busquets (in Barca B), and they managed to do a decent job at covering over the defensive frailties apart from set-pieces when they were overwhelmed.  Of course other teams rarely had the ball....so it didn't seem to matter too much.

Chygrnskiy ? Stones? Bravo ?   Not the purchases of a man who knows how get teams to defend. 

Still, we should wait to the end of the season I suppose and see where they are then, I'd still like him to do well, his teams are entertaining. 

Archived