POLL: Supermanagers; who is better?

Mostyn6

Who is the better manager?  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I could refer you to your comments on Pearson after 9 games but I actually agreed what you was saying about him. 

I don't see the comparison?

Guardiola has improved City already. A number of their players are evidently playing much better now than what they did before and the quality of their football has vastly improved.

Pearson on the other hand. Everybody was playing worse, while the football quality was well below the capabilities of our squad. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

He spent the most on Stones and Sane - two players who are nowhere near the finished article.

I don't disagree with that, but both have improved their squad particularly stones. I think guardiola will build a good team there, but you can't say he didn't spend anything

1 hour ago, Joe. said:

I don't disagree with that, but both have improved their squad particularly stones. I think guardiola will build a good team there, but you can't say he didn't spend anything

I don't think anybody is claiming he hasn't spent anything.

What I am saying is it's unrealistic to suggest Guardiola can take over an ageing City side who finished 4th on 66 points last season, to go on and win the league in his first season and then dominate for years to come without spending.

People have bigged Guardiola up for a reason. The work he did at Barca and then Bayern was phenonemal. But he's not some sort of God. Some of the comments on here in terms of expectations and demands are beyond ludicrous.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

West Brom net spend £12m (average squad age 28.3)

Man City bet spend £150m (average squad age 28.6)

10 points between the 2 teams

Yes but could Tony Pulis walk into a club like Barca with the best players in the world and win titles?

Look how Luis Enrique is struggling now after doing such an amazing job at Roma and Celta

3 hours ago, David said:

Yes but could Tony Pulis walk into a club like Barca with the best players in the world and win titles?

Look how Luis Enrique is struggling now after doing such an amazing job at Roma and Celta

Coaching... Real life football isn't like FM you know where you can just pick the XI.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

West Brom net spend £12m (average squad age 28.3)

Man City bet spend £150m (average squad age 28.6)

10 points between the 2 teams

West Brom 0-4 Man City.

One side played hoofball while the other passed them off the park. Yeah I bet City's owners were regretting their decision to appoint a guy who has won 21 trophies in his past 7 seasons and created a style of play which won plaudits all over the world and not go for Tony Pulis, who incidentally was sacked at Stoke for boring them to tears.

38 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Coaching... Real life football isn't like FM you know where you can just pick the XI.

Next you'll be telling me Santa Claus isn't real ?

Anyhow, I gain all my football knowledge on HITC and I read articles by a football journalist saying Guardiola is overrated

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2014/05/26/pep-guardiola-is-overrated-and-heres-why/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2013/04/10/the-debate-is-pep-guardiola-overrated/?client=safari

42 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

West Brom 0-4 Man City.

One side played hoofball while the other passed them off the park. Yeah I bet City's owners were regretting their decision to appoint a guy who has won 21 trophies in his past 7 seasons and created a style of play which won plaudits all over the world and not go for Tony Pulis, who incidentally was sacked at Stoke for boring them to tears.

Did he spend £180m in all of the transfer windows added together at Stoke?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Did he spend £180m in all of the transfer windows added together at Stoke?

Did he get replaced by Mark Hughes who has since done a better job? Yes he did.

Stick to Football Manager Gstar, as you clearly have little clue in regards to proper real life football management.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Did he get replaced by Mark Hughes who has since done a better job? Yes he did.

Stick to Football Manager Gstar, as you clearly have little clue in regards to proper real life football management.

Sorry forgot your articles in The Beano give you a much better insight than us mere mortals...after all it was you that brought such exclusives as Wassall becoming manager...

1 hour ago, David said:

Looks like Guardiola could do with spending a few hours on FM, 3-0 down after 20....TWENTY minutes v Leicester. Not his fault tho, barely spent anything this summer.

How can you expect them to compete with the Premier League champions with their aging squad?

He was even forced to put old man Toure up front instead of Iheanacho.

Remember when we used to worry about lack of plan B...

Crazy how he started the season so well to putting in performances like tonight against Leicester. Strange how John Stones didn't make those kind of mistakes early in the season. Guess the only positive thing is the incredibly consistent performances from sterling, should be the heartbeat of the England team in the future.

Archived