POLL: Supermanagers; who is better?

Mostyn6

Who is the better manager?  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like watching Mourinho's teams. They are dirty, cynical, and play boring unattractive football. I'm amazed he has any votes at all considering this is a Derby forum and he's basically a 21st century Don Revie.

4 hours ago, Srg said:

Yeah, as apposed to inheriting the best squad in the league by a country mile.

To be fair to Pep, he inherited a squad that had finished 3rd the year before, 18 points behind Real Madrid and 10 behind Villarreal. So he did transform them somewhat.  His decision to get rid of Ronaldinho and Deco and instead build the team around Xavi and Iniesta  was instrumental, as well as the introduction of a high pressing game.  Moving Messi to a more central attacking role could also, in hindsight, be considered to be something of a success!  But even so, you are right, the squad he had at his disposal was an amazing one.   

I've never really been a fan of Pep's style of play, it kinda bores me but I'm honestly flabbergasted that 2/3rds of the vote so far is leaning towards Jose Mourinho.

Pep Guardiola's signings are more intelligent, he doesn't just blow it on a few big names he goes out and finds fresh talent and makes them world beaters. All of Jose's signings are already good players.

There's not much in it, they're both great managers in very different ways, but I guess it comes down to which one you respect more.

Mourinho's treatment of players is highly questionable as well, at United he's already pissed off 2 big names in Schweinsteiger and Mata.

I voted Pep because Jose's constant whining bullshat and hypocritical criticisms get on my nerves

"Oh he's not really a knob, he does it to draw attention to himself"

So if you're not a knob but you're pretending to be a knob isn't that a knob head thing to do? 

His teams are always cheating too. Or gamesmanship as cheats call it

16 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Mourinho for me, easily had the harder challenges and succeeded

We will never agree on this, and I think it's kind of pointless trying to put forward an arguement for one way or another.

What I will say though is Pep has a far better track record at improving, developing and training players. If anything, a number of players under Mourinho's guidance have gotten worse.

Having said that, both have major flaws too just like any other manager.

I don't think Guardiola or Mourinho is the current the best manager in the world. Both have limitations, as do other managers, but their limitations have that have been very evident in the last few seasons. I think the current top 3 managers are Diego Simeone and Carlo Ancelotti. I'm a huge fan of Allegri from Juventus too, I think he is the best tactician in the game atm. However, if I had to pick one out of Mourinho and Guardiola I'd have Guardiola. Mourinho wins trophies playing boring football whereas Guardiola plays attacking football. I'll never forget the game where Guardiola's Barcelona battered Mourinho's Real Madrid 5-0, that was the most complete footballing display I've ever seen. Barca had a prime Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta dictating the play in midfield and the firepower up front with Messi and David Villa.

15 hours ago, blackNwhites said:

I've never really been a fan of Pep's style of play, it kinda bores me but I'm honestly flabbergasted that 2/3rds of the vote so far is leaning towards Jose Mourinho.

Pep Guardiola's signings are more intelligent, he doesn't just blow it on a few big names he goes out and finds fresh talent and makes them world beaters. All of Jose's signings are already good players.

There's not much in it, they're both great managers in very different ways, but I guess it comes down to which one you respect more.

Mourinho's treatment of players is highly questionable as well, at United he's already pissed off 2 big names in Schweinsteiger and Mata.

This is one of the reasons why I can't stand Mourinho. He has p*ssed off players from nearly every team he has been at. Deco at Porto, Tiago and Robben in his first spell at Chelsea, Eto'o at Inter(they made up though), pretty much every single Real Madrid player and Juan Mata,De Bruyne,Schurrle and Lukaku at Chelsea in his second spell.

Archived