Derby County v Grimsby Town

Day

Just to expand on the Matchday Chat, I should have and was going to open a topic to discuss this but as usual, I forget, too lazy and just doesn't happen.

There is a few reasons why I've decided to trial going back to the match threads only, the first I already mentioned was moderation. You have to remember the moderators are not paid and give up their own free time to help keep the forum running smoothly, there is no set shift times that they should be on, or minimum hours per week. As you can when you can.

Expecting the moderators to keep track of a fast moving chat room at the same time as the forum can be a hard task, especially when they are trying to follow the game themselves. Yes one solution could be to add more mods but too many chefs and all that. Boycie also tries to convert all new mods into Brunswick customers, can be quite intimidating.

I have had many reports over the season of going on's in the chat room and I don't really fancy trawling through the logs to see what exactly as happened. He said this, but he said that.

There is also the delays between Rams Player and local Radio Derby listeners, members have complained several times that they hear the goals in the chat before Rams Player. There is no fix for this, nothing I can do at all. It is what it is.

You also have members adding to it with rolling scores like a SSN ticker, again, member complaints that they want to hear what's going on with Derby, members are spamming the chat or with GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLL when no goals have been scored, trolling other members.

All in all, it's much easier to handle with topics as we have outgrown a rolling chat system. We can now easily identify those members that like to disrupt match days and try and sort it out so the forum is an enjoyable (when we're winning) place to follow the game.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

Can't you have it so you can only comment on it if you have been on the forum for a certain amount of time etc. Might reduce some of the trolls on it.

Don't have any permission options for that, either you're in or not. Each game we could go through and ban from the chat but duplicate accounts they get back in. Maybe a case of bringing in more mods, ex pats maybe that use the Chat themselves every game, we'll see, it's all under review. 

WE have now issued over 1000 of our original 1100 ticket allocation for Tuesday's EFL Cup tie at Derby County. 

We've still got around 140 of the original batch on sale from the Grimsby Town ticket office.

Town fans will be housed in the South East Upper Block, where up to 2,700 fans can be housed. 

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/grimsby-v-derby-county-tickets-update-3232266.aspx#yd0lF0u4FE6oImL5.99

Is it me or do the maths not quite add up here?

I'm expecting perhaps a better XI than we played against Brighton? Maybe that's why Pearson 'rested' the likes of Hughes and Martin to get them involved in the real big game at home to Grimsby? Who knows. 

Martin, Hughes & Russell will definitely start. I fancy Max Lowe to get a game, perhaps at left midfield, as I imagine Forsyth will return. 

I don't think we'll 'play the kids' so to speak as barely any of them have been given squad numbers. Lowe and Hanson are the only ones, I'd imagine. 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'm expecting perhaps a better XI than we played against Brighton? Maybe that's why Pearson 'rested' the likes of Hughes and Martin to get them involved in the real big game at home to Grimsby? Who knows. 

Martin, Hughes & Russell will definitely start. I fancy Max Lowe to get a game, perhaps at left midfield, as I imagine Forsyth will return. 

I don't think we'll 'play the kids' so to speak as barely any of them have been given squad numbers. Lowe and Hanson are the only ones, I'd imagine. 

I'd agree about Martin, Hughes and Russell, but expect we'll also see Grant, Pearce and Butterfield. If Forsyth plays too that makes seven changes  so I recmon it's unlikely Lowe will get a start. Maybe

Grant

Christie     Keogh     Pearce     Forsyth

Blackman    Butterfield     Hughes     Russell

Martin

Bent

Grant

Christie/ Hanson     Keogh     Pearce1     Forsyth/Lowe2 

Blackman    Hanson/ Butterfield3     Hughes     Russell

Ince4

Martin

1- Don't think Shack needs to play 50 odd games this year, lets manage his workload more

2- Cant decide on this one, like the idea of giving Lowe game time, just not sure when

3- Is Hanson fit? Would like to get him some game time but somewhere in the back of my mind I think he has an injury?

4- Would normally say rest him but he's still settling into this new role so the more game time there the better

Would also have Rawson on bench, he needs to be integrated into 1st team this season I think. I would be saying Lowe, Mitchell and Rawson all to start but probably more important to get Pearson's 1st competitive win on the board and a bit of feel good going on

Good to see that Razza will be back soon, I want him to be given a fair chance

Grant

Christie   Keogh   Pearce   Lowe

Blackman Butterfield Hughes  Russell

Martin

Bent

I would say a lot tickets will get sold tommrow and i think it will be

Pay on the day as well.

Lee grant

Craig forsight  keogh shackall max low

Russell  craigh bryson will huges butterfield

Zanla chris martin.

I will be there, my 1st game since we played Rangers in pre-season a couple of years ago! 2 kids have come along since then so not had much time to get to a game!

Looking forward to it tonight, although it will be a strange one for me as my cousin who I have grown up with and supported throughout his career will be in the Grimsby starting 11!  but I will be positioned in the lower tier of the west stand with my derby shirt on.

:thumbsup:

I reckon the definition of a true, dyed in the wool, Rams supporter is anyone who would travel to a less than idyllic location like Grimsby on a Tuesday night to watch a weakened team playing in a cup in which they have no interest whatsoever.

Before you say it, I know we're playing this one at home but think of the small band of Grimsby supporters braving the journey!

Enjoy the evening guys!:cool:

Archived