Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

18 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I was reading on Twitter the other day how Sheffield Wednesday fans were calling Derby lucky for their recent run of form, and how all the decisions are going for us etc.

Can't believe they have the nerve to call Derby lucky. How many times have they scrapped a late winner this season?

I bet if games finished on the 89th minute they would be outside the top 10.

I had to spend quite a bit of time with a wednesday fan not long after we beat them at a wedding, banging on about being robbed, clear penalty and red card, you know those moments when you just sigh and cant be bothered to argue the point with someone,,,one of those that just talks over you you are looking for anyone to rescue you from the conversation. You really want to say do you know the rules? did you not know a penalty and red card is for deliberate handball only? have you seen it? do you understand what ball to hand or hand to ball is? but alas no i just nodded dutifuly looking for my escape.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chelsea look like they have what it takes to run away with the title this season. Arsenal are nine points behind them. They aren't going to catch them now, far too inconsistent.

City and Liverpool too inconsistent too.

Will only take around 82 points to win the title this year. Chelsea look quite capable of getting 90+

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Chelsea look like they have what it takes to run away with the title this season. Arsenal are nine points behind them. They aren't going to catch them now, far too inconsistent.

City and Liverpool too inconsistent too.

Will only take around 82 points to win the title this year. Chelsea look quite capable of getting 90+

Looks like Leicester won't win it again this year then?

On 12/17/2016 at 19:38, CumbrianRam said:

Both Newcastle and BHA on for 100 pt season at current rate, has that even occured before in the 2nd tier?

I highly doubt it.

Recent history before Christmas:

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/reading/2015-2016/table/2015-12-20

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/nottingham-forest/2009-2010/table/2009-12-20

More points at this stage:
http://www.statto.com/football/teams/leicester-city/2005-2006/table/2005-12-03

2 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Just watched Fiorentina 3 Napoli 3. Insane game! I thought Italian football was supposed to be boring ?!:lol:

Both sides obviously bribed the opposing defence.

It's the Italian way.

27 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Leicester are in a genuine relegation battle now

I think there are three teams definitely worse than them.

Swansea and Hull look like they'll end up going down. Still feel Burnley will join them once they run out of home games as they won't pick up more than five points on the road all season.

Burnley only have 9 home games left and with the more established sides to play in Spurs, Chelsea, Man United, Southampton, Stoke, West Brom and West Ham among them they'll soon drop into the bottom three.

Done better than I imagined so far though.

32 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think there are three teams definitely worse than them.

Swansea and Hull look like they'll end up going down. Still feel Burnley will join them once they run out of home games as they won't pick up more than five points on the road all season.

Burnley only have 9 home games left and with the more established sides to play in Spurs, Chelsea, Man United, Southampton, Stoke, West Brom and West Ham among them they'll soon drop into the bottom three.

Done better than I imagined so far though.

I expected (and betted) Burnley to be best newcomer this season. They are about where I thought they would, but Boro has been surprisingly good IMO and will bypass them I'm afraid.

At least Hull was last at x-mas, so that alone got saved my bets. And Leeds is looking likely to be in top 6, that'll be a jackpot if it happens.

13 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Well results today couldn't have gone much worse for us, we absolutely have to win tomorrow now

The table and the form of the teams in it is a strange situation this year.

It seems like all the top half are winning every game and all the bottom half are losing.

Except when they play each other,which was kept to a bare minimum on boxing day and the day we played fulham.

Does anyone draw any games anymore??? (except derby fulham?)

Archived